Trump says he wants country 'opened up' by Easter, despite caution from health experts

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

President Donald Trump said Tuesday he wants to have the country getting back to business by the Easter holiday, April 12, even as the coronavirus pandemic continues to worsen.

“I would love to have the country opened up and raring to go by Easter,” Trump said during a Fox News interview.

Public health experts and local and state leaders have cautioned against easing restrictions too early, saying it could put an enormous strain on hospitals and lead to even more deaths and economic damage...

"This cure is worse than the problem," Trump said, adding that "in my opinion, more people are going to die if we allow this to continue."

A White House official said the president does not view Easter as a date that he begins opening things up, but a date by which the economy is speeding again. That means the loosening of restrictions would, under this scenario, start much sooner.

Trump said people can continue to practice good hygiene and social distancing even while going back to work to try to control the virus's spread.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white- ... r-n1167721
Deleted User 638

Unread post

He is a fool.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Who is “raring” to be in crowded public business spaces - bars, restaurants, theatres, shops - when there’s an unchecked pandemic happening? How do you social distance on a morning public transit commute or office elevators? Even in areas that aren’t currently hit hard, all it takes is one person, who could be asymptomatic, to start an outbreak.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'd also like Melania to finally get a clue and smack Trump upside the head with a cast iron pan. In addition I'd like to see Pelosi pile drive Mitch McConnell in the Rose garden but so far none of that seems to be happening.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:50 pm Who is “raring” to be in crowded public business spaces - bars, restaurants, theatres, shops - when there’s an unchecked pandemic happening? How do you social distance on a morning public transit commute or office elevators? Even in areas that aren’t currently hit hard, all it takes is one person, who could be asymptomatic, to start an outbreak.
He’s speaking to his base in rural Indiana, places like that. But there is no economy without New York, California and other states that are currently shut down. And the states with the money have democratic governors or Republican governors with common sense. They won’t be setting an arbitrary date with no science to back it up.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The mental pictures of that are killing me! :lol:

Lemons wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:01 pm
Francee89 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:50 pm Who is “raring” to be in crowded public business spaces - bars, restaurants, theatres, shops - when there’s an unchecked pandemic happening? How do you social distance on a morning public transit commute or office elevators? Even in areas that aren’t currently hit hard, all it takes is one person, who could be asymptomatic, to start an outbreak.
He’s speaking to his base in rural Indiana, places like that. But there is no economy without New York, California and other states that are currently shut down. And the states with the money have democratic governors or Republican governors with common sense. They won’t be setting an arbitrary date with no science to back it up.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Fortunately the states still have powers....let’s just hope they and the voters (more importantly) use them!
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

history will show that 45, his administration and his propaganda machine otherwise known as FOX News will have blood on their hands and a lot of it.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He seriously thinks “packed” churches 19 days from now is a good idea. What in the ever loving f**k?

Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We essentially have states picking winners and losers. Why are liquor stores essential?
Locked Previous topicNext topic