I just heard the man who runs TESLA cars just made 1000 ventilators and gave it to the US Gov.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think that was very good of him. I didn't even know a car factory could be modified to produce ventilators that quickly.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

When I googled it to see the only result is this page.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:15 am When I googled it to see the only result is this page.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/virus-sk ... 46504.html
https://www.foxnews.com/tech/coronaviru ... or-promise
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:15 am When I googled it to see the only result is this page.
https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-mu ... nia-2020-3

Google Elon Musk instead of Tesla:)
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I heard he bought them from China.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

He bought them from China. Wealthy people can make stuff happen - meaning they have the contacts and influence. At least he didn't try to sell them at some exorbitant mark-up like that pharmaceutical guy did.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm glad people are making donations. But the citizens of the USA should not be dependent on wealthy private citizens to provide life-saving medical equipment in an national emergency. The POTUS has the power under the Defense Production Act to direct manufacturing of what is needed. So far he has not done so and we need to ask why.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:13 am I'm glad people are making donations. But the citizens of the USA should not be dependent on wealthy private citizens to provide life-saving medical equipment in an national emergency. The POTUS has the power under the Defense Production Act to direct manufacturing of what is needed. So far he has not done so and we need to ask why.
Based on what he said about state governors, it seems it's based on the mantra of States Rights. Problem is the federal government is better suited to help the states get this equipment.

When he said,

"Governors are supposed to be doing a lot of this work, and they are doing a lot of this work. The federal government's not supposed to be out there buying vast amounts of items and then shipping. You know, we're not shipping clerks," Trump said."

I had to facepalm.

Even a scarecrow should realize that's not how it works.
306/232

Deleted User 670

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:10 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:13 am I'm glad people are making donations. But the citizens of the USA should not be dependent on wealthy private citizens to provide life-saving medical equipment in an national emergency. The POTUS has the power under the Defense Production Act to direct manufacturing of what is needed. So far he has not done so and we need to ask why.
Based on what he said about state governors, it seems it's based on the mantra of States Rights. Problem is the federal government is better suited to help the states get this equipment.

When he said,

"Governors are supposed to be doing a lot of this work, and they are doing a lot of this work. The federal government's not supposed to be out there buying vast amounts of items and then shipping. You know, we're not shipping clerks," Trump said."

I had to facepalm.

Trump is an idiot. He's trying his best to destroy this country.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:13 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:10 pm

When he said,

I had to facepalm.

Trump is an idiot. He's trying his best to destroy this country.
I don't think that's his goal, but I do think he's in love with attention, adoration, and using the office to boost his ego. And dear heaven, he has an ego the size of North America.
306/232

Locked Previous topicNext topic