Seniors willing to die for the DOW?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says grandparents would be willing to die to save the economy for their grandchildren

Comments on Fox News come after Trump and Kudlow suggested economic cost of nationwide shutdown to stop coronavirus may not be worth it.

As the coronavirus outbreak batters the economy and businesses close, Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Monday that plenty of seniors would be willing to sacrifice their lives in order to preserve the economy for their grandchildren.

“So you're basically saying that this disease could take your life, but that’s not the scariest thing for you,” Carlson said. “There’s something that would be worse than dying?”

“Yeah,” Patrick replied.

Public health officials have strongly urged that it is vital for people to stay at home and for businesses to close for weeks, perhaps months, in order to slow the spread of the deadly virus, which threatens to overwhelm the U.S. health-care system.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/texas ... 2020-03-23
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Remember when many of these people had faux outrage tantrums about Obamacare death panels? Exactly ten years later, after less than ten days of quarantining and taking this seriously, we’re at the point of thinly veiled discussions about “tough choices” and “difficult trade offs” for the economy, risking the deaths of untold thousands of people, especially the most vulnerable.
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Let him. I, as a Texan, will gladly sacrifice his ass.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Also, after a few inevitable publicized incidents of a bartender or waiter causing an outbreak of COVID in a community, where the death toll ticks up every day and hospitals are overrun with sick people, I’d love to meet the person who says “f**k it, I NEED to go to Applebees”.

Encouraging business as usual to resume will only force the most desperate back to work, even if they feel unsafe or ill. And I could easily see a situation where it’s an even worse scenario - businesses open and have to pay hourly employees but they have a hugely reduced clientele, as the majority of people still stay home out of fear.
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What a F***ing ghoul. My parents would tell him to go f**k himself. They're not sacrificing their lives so some rich asshole can save their stocks from tanking. That's really what this is all about. Death to millions is the collateral damage they're willing to accept if it means raking in more F***ing money for themselves.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I guess economic uncertainty and insecurity can lead to irrational thinking.
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Murdoc's Mistress wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:44 am What a F***ing ghoul. My parents would tell him to go f**k himself. They're not sacrificing their lives so some rich asshole can save their stocks from tanking. That's really what this is all about. Death to millions is the collateral damage they're willing to accept if it means raking in more F***ing money for themselves.
Not everyone whose stocks are tanking are "rich assholes". Many, if not the vast majority of them, are hard-working average Joes who just saw their life savings go down in flames because of a ridiculous overreaction.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:24 am
It is an incorrect assumption that only the elderly die. Is Dan Patrick also willing to risk the health of his sons?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

IF he's willing to do that, I'd like to see him allow someone to deliberately infect him.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic