Trump signals growing weariness with ‘social distancing’ and other steps advocated by health officials

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:25 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:32 pm
Carpy wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:07 pm

An example like the labeling of Trump as racist for stopping people coming from China? How much was that hyped on CNN? Quite a bit and if I'm not mistaken, you were on board that bullshit.
I don't remember CNN or anyone for that matter criticizing Trump when he restricted travel to Wuhan and then China. There was criticism that it was too little too late, it was already here and in other countries.
Hmnn
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/the-f ... trictions/

This is how I remembered it. I could be wrong as February seems like years ago. But please feel free to post links correcting me.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I just looked to see if I could find anything on CNN criticizing the travel ban. Nothing. The closest thing was this article:
Details about the US travel ban's impact are still emerging. But some are already urging the US to reconsider.
"All of the evidence we have indicates that travel restrictions and quarantines directed at individual countries are unlikely to keep the virus out of our borders," Jennifer Nuzzo, a senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, told lawmakers on Capitol Hill this week. "These measures may exacerbate the epidemic's social and economic tolls. And can make us less safe."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/07/health/c ... index.html
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:48 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:32 pm
Carpy wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:07 pm

An example like the labeling of Trump as racist for stopping people coming from China? How much was that hyped on CNN? Quite a bit and if I'm not mistaken, you were on board that bullshit.
I don't remember CNN or anyone for that matter criticizing Trump when he restricted travel to Wuhan and then China. There was criticism that it was too little too late, it was already here and in other countries.
My jaw just hit the floor.
I'm sorry. That must be uncomfortable.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh, we have to get past this need to think things are racist.

If the entire world shut down travel to and from China in January this would be an issue that they alone were dealing with. That has nothing to do with their race , that is just how the spread of a virus works, it needs people to move.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

“This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia — hysterical xenophobia — and fearmongering,” said Biden the day after the travel restrictions were imposed.

CNN ran a story warning that “the US coronavirus travel ban could backfire” and have the effect of “stigmatizing countries and ethnicities.”

The Chinese Communist Party’s official mouthpiece, the People’s Daily, called the ban “racist.”

WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus warned it would increase “fear and stigma, with little public health benefit.”

Then when he put together a panel of experts CNN ran a segment accusing him of "lack of diversity".
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It almost seems like the msm is taking it's talking points from Chinese propaganda playbook.

https://www.peoplesworld.org/article/tr ... t-disease/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:23 pm I just looked to see if I could find anything on CNN criticizing the travel ban. Nothing. The closest thing was this article:
Details about the US travel ban's impact are still emerging. But some are already urging the US to reconsider.
"All of the evidence we have indicates that travel restrictions and quarantines directed at individual countries are unlikely to keep the virus out of our borders," Jennifer Nuzzo, a senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, told lawmakers on Capitol Hill this week. "These measures may exacerbate the epidemic's social and economic tolls. And can make us less safe."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/07/health/c ... index.html
There are clips of Schumer and others of his type running their mouths about Trump's a racist and a xenophobe and every other baseless insult the "blue wave" likes to use for issuing that travel ban. You can easily find them if you like. I've run across them several times.

There's also a montage of a few clips in February of this year containing various NYC staff encouraging people to go out, don't be afraid, go ride the subway, go to the parade, go live your lives, everything is fine, New Yorkers are hearty. Blah blah. After the travel ban. Pelosi was doing the same crap in CA. Then 2 weeks later - BOOM! Our whole world comes to a screeching halt.

They're so hell bent on doing the opposite of what Trump says that they've helped a PANDEMIC grip our country. When the hell is "the blue wave" going to wise up, get a grip, and stop making excuses for and supporting these soulless morons?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:16 am It almost seems like the msm is taking it's talking points from Chinese propaganda playbook.

https://www.peoplesworld.org/article/tr ... t-disease/
The hell you say!

Isn't it amazing that the left is spouting China's message? I mean, they're not communists at all on the left or anything. Go "blue wave".
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:14 am “This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia — hysterical xenophobia — and fearmongering,” said Biden the day after the travel restrictions were imposed.

CNN ran a story warning that “the US coronavirus travel ban could backfire” and have the effect of “stigmatizing countries and ethnicities.”

The Chinese Communist Party’s official mouthpiece, the People’s Daily, called the ban “racist.”

WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus warned it would increase “fear and stigma, with little public health benefit.”

Then when he put together a panel of experts CNN ran a segment accusing him of "lack of diversity".
Interesting way to take the Biden quote out of context! It had nothing to do with the travel ban, and was about global health cuts: The former vice president accused the president of curtailing progress on global health oversight that was made during the Obama administration.

Biden cited “draconian cuts” to the budgets of agencies, including the National Institutes of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... s-outbreak#

So there was a single article on CNN about how a travel ban could backfire, and that’s supposed to be indicative of them being vocally against it?
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:14 am “This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia — hysterical xenophobia — and fearmongering,” said Biden the day after the travel restrictions were imposed.

The Chinese party called it racist. True.

Biden called Trumps use of the term “China virus” racist. That’s true and it was a calculated move on Trumps part to call it that instead of its proper name. We all saw the copy of his speech where the word Covid-19 was crossed out and in black marker the word “China virus” was written.

And the CNN story said the ban could backfire.

Pathetic attempt to try and claim everyone called the travel ban racist when you can only find the Chinese people calling it racist.
Locked Previous topicNext topic