Trump signals growing weariness with ‘social distancing’ and other steps advocated by health officials

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:10 pm You keep repeating the same Fox News bullshit about the Flu. No, it’s not like the yearly flu seasons. It’s highly contagious and unlike the flu, very little is still known about it. If our country had done nothing to contain this, half of the country would be infected by the end of the year with millions of deaths. People need to stop talking about the flu after reading stupid articles on Fox News.

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:09 pm I completely agree with your first sentence. Interesting that you don't find news of a medication that can treat the symptoms to be hopeful. A medication that they're going to try out in a hard hit population that's got 40% of the cases. Huh.

We live through flu season every year and some years 70,000 people die. We're up to as many as 54,000 deaths this year. The flu has been around how many years? And that's not been cured yet. We live with it. I'm definitely not expecting a cure, however, symptom treatment would be a hell of a great benefit.

cgd5112 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:01 am It’s bc too many Americans are alarmists, reactionists, and even idiots.They hear anecdotal information and they make a leap that these meds area cure. Even those who do understand the information, under such dire circumstances, panic react.

Sadly, too many Americans do not understand basic science. They do not understand the difference between treatments and cures. They do not understand the difference between case studies and random studies,. They do not understand that a study has to go through phased trials to prove efficacy.

Many of the same science deniers are now believing that these meds are cures bc trump tweeted about them and made an announcement about it.

I agree that trump should be transparent and give people hope. Telling the public GM and Ford have the go to make vents is hope. Telling the public that the fed gov will do every in its power to distribute resources to every state ( regardless of political leanings, and set his ego aside , to show and encourage unity), and make every effort to provide the resources to protect healthcare workers,families, and patients is giving hope. He then should step aside every time, and field healthcare questions to Dr. Fauci and not tweet about anything medical that he clearly does not understand. Instead he uses these press conferences as a surrogate for his feed-my-ego rallies bc his ego is going through adulation/validation withdrawals.

He should not get on a tweeting rant shit talking about governors. He should pull up his big boy panties and rise above any criticism, instead of acting like a fucken middle schooler that feels he has something to prove.

If he actually understands the charts he touts, he should continue to encourage physical distancing, limiting travel for non essential people to grocery shopping, pharmacy pick ups , etc.; bc if he does understand and he still wants to go back to business as usual by Easter, then he really doesn’t give a f**k about people’s lives, and he’s just a Harry Lime for corporations.

A smart man knows his limitations. trump deludes himself into thinking he has none.

I have not heard any "fox news bullshit" claiming it to be like the flu. Perhaps you should watch it yourself rather than listen to far left spin. That isvwhy you have no credibility.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:47 pm
Lemons wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:10 pm You keep repeating the same Fox News bullshit about the Flu. No, it’s not like the yearly flu seasons. It’s highly contagious and unlike the flu, very little is still known about it. If our country had done nothing to contain this, half of the country would be infected by the end of the year with millions of deaths. People need to stop talking about the flu after reading stupid articles on Fox News.

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:09 pm I completely agree with your first sentence. Interesting that you don't find news of a medication that can treat the symptoms to be hopeful. A medication that they're going to try out in a hard hit population that's got 40% of the cases. Huh.

We live through flu season every year and some years 70,000 people die. We're up to as many as 54,000 deaths this year. The flu has been around how many years? And that's not been cured yet. We live with it. I'm definitely not expecting a cure, however, symptom treatment would be a hell of a great benefit.

I have not heard any "fox news bullshit" claiming it to be like the flu. Perhaps you should watch it yourself rather than listen to far left spin. That isvwhy you have no credibility.
I haven't heard it on FOX, but I have heard it from a few posters, lol.

This is NOT the damn flu. Unchecked this is way worse than the flu because of the spread rate.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I read their news site. It leaves out quite a bit of news on a daily basis ad puts a lot of silly articles like what AOC is up to, things like that.

Jeanine Pirro on her show claimed t was no deadlier than the flu because we have a flu vaccine.

Sean Hannity compared the Coronavirus deaths to Chicago gun deaths (I think some one repeated that here). Sean Hannity also compares it to the flu deaths every year.

Fox and friends Pete Wegseth said “there is no reason to believe the virus is
Problematic or deadlier than the flu”.

Matt Schlapp on Fox News claimed this virus is “very difficult to catch”.

I have no credibility and yet all you do is claim something is not true with nothing to back your claim. Ever. Do you have a source that can verify your assertion that no Fox News claimed it be like the flu?
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:04 pm

I haven't heard it on FOX, but I have heard it from a few posters, lol.

This is NOT the damn flu. Unchecked this is way worse than the flu because of the spread rate.
Mostly just the commentators but that’s all Fox fans watch anyway for their news. They don’t like the news anchors based on the ratings.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:30 pm

I read their news site. It leaves out quite a bit of news on a daily basis ad puts a lot of silly articles like what AOC is up to, things like that.

Jeanine Pirro on her show claimed t was no deadlier than the flu because we have a flu vaccine.

Sean Hannity compared the Coronavirus deaths to Chicago gun deaths (I think some one repeated that here). Sean Hannity also compares it to the flu deaths every year.

I have no credibility and yet all you do is claim something is not true with nothing to back your claim. Ever. Do you have a source that can verify your assertion that no Fox News claimed it be like the flu?
My source is watching it every night. And Perino has a point. Flu deaths would be much higher without the vaccine.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

One more thing, I too read their website multiple times a day. I seem to miss these headlines. Strange.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:00 am

My source is watching it every night. And Perino has a point. Flu deaths would be much higher without the vaccine.
We don’t shut down the country when the flu hits. If we had treated it like the flu there would be millions dead. So, no, it’s not like the flu. And what’s the point in describing it like a flu without a vaccine? We have a vaccine so that’s just a pointless comparison.

So at least you’re admitting that you misspoke when you said that Fox News was not comparing it to the flu.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:06 pm
Carpy wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:00 am

We don’t shut down the country when the flu hits. If we had treated it like the flu there would be millions dead. So, no, it’s not like the flu. And what’s the point in describing it like a flu without a vaccine? We have a vaccine so that’s just a pointless comparison.

So at least you’re admitting that you misspoke when you said that Fox News was not comparing it to the flu.
I admitted no such thing. But you certainly just highlighted how you spin things.
It is a fact that flu deaths would be much higher without the vaccine. That in no way means that covid-19 is just like the flu.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CNN isn't exactly a credible source.
Locked Previous topicNext topic