Should the federal government issue a national forced quarantine?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Please stay safe, regardless of your beliefs.
29again wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:23 am Believe as you wish.
cgd5112 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:25 am Again, immunosuppressed people are at higher risk. The meds help your symptoms not cure the condition.

trump didn’t release anything early. There is no big reveal.
Dr Fauci was clear. It is fact that it is working in mitigating symptoms and duration in some cases, but the data is still anecdotal. Why? Because it doesn’t work on everyone, regardless of age.

It is not a cure.

trump is not a physician. And you giving this tweet as evidence of truth only shows that the CDC/WHO does not stand behind such statements.

There is no cure.

[. quote=29again post_id=696219 time=1584936580 user_id=953]
It's all over the internet, since Thursday. I take Hydroxychloroquine for RA. It is an anti-malarial, but also an anti-inflammatory. It helps fight off the cytokine storm which is what makes the COVID so bad for some people, and then the azithromycin helps with the secondary bacterial pneumonia that often occurs.

joiyr4.jpeg
POTUS caught some grief for mentioning it too early, I think. Taiwan and a couple other countries are using this therapy.
cgd5112 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:44 pm Where did you read that a malaria/Sjogrens drug cures Covid-19? There is no cure for any virus. And an antibiotic for pink eye? Antibiotics treat bacterial infections. SARS Cov - 2/Covid -19 is a virus.

The malaria drug has shown promise in minimizing symptoms and duration. That is not a cure. And it isn’t working on everyone being treated for Covid -19, regardless of age.

There is no data/evidence that taking the malaria drug chronically will minimize possibility of infection. As it is, reports are out that people in Africa took the drug and are being treated for poisoning. Again, misinformation driving people to do stupid things.

And for those taking it for Sjogrens, well, that population is immunosuppressed by the disease, making them more at risk.

[/quote]
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:25 am In Canada, we are not there yet, but it is being planned for just in case. The last time Canada invoked the War Measures Act was in 1972. Now it is under a new name called the Emergency Act.
What happened in 1972.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:52 pm
Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:25 am In Canada, we are not there yet, but it is being planned for just in case. The last time Canada invoked the War Measures Act was in 1972. Now it is under a new name called the Emergency Act.
What happened in 1972.
It’s a really interesting story - Quebec separatists, the FLQ, were escalating bombings in the Montreal area. They eventually kidnapped the Deputy Premier and a British diplomat, killing the Deputy Premier. The Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau (father of current PM Justin) invoked the War Measures Act, the only peacetime use of it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_Crisis
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

They should have done the entire country at one time, and had massive testing in place. It would have given us a clearer picture of the situation, minimized the confusion, and seen the greatest possible reduction in cases. Right now they are doing this state by state, people are still traveling around, and we still don't know how many are infected.

To talk about ending the distancing at this point is not good. We will see a huge upswing and the medical system will not be able to treat everyone. We have needless fatalities.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Seriously...what?

29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thank you, you do the same!

All I really have is anecdotal, but I've been prescribed the hydroxycholoroquine for years, for RA. Also a huge dose of Vit. D. I have not even had a cold in all the time I've been taking them, and I work retail, contacting over 100 people daily. I wash my hands often and use sanitizer, due to the amount of people always in the shop. Also have lysol spray for those who come in hacking up a lung telling me how this is the first day they felt like getting out of bed in a week.... ugghhhh.. When I first started the meds, I asked if it was really safe for me to work the way I do (all the people & the money!) and he said I would be fine. So far, so good.

I really do think that we will come out of this all right.

cgd5112 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:25 am Again, immunosuppressed people are at higher risk. The meds help your symptoms not cure the condition.

Dr Fauci was clear. It is fact that it is working in mitigating symptoms and duration in some cases, but the data is still anecdotal. Why? Because it doesn’t work on everyone, regardless of age.

It is not a cure.

trump is not a physician. And you giving this tweet as evidence of truth only shows that the CDC/WHO does not stand behind such statements.

There is no cure.

It's all over the internet, since Thursday. I take Hydroxychloroquine for RA. It is an anti-malarial, but also an anti-inflammatory. It helps fight off the cytokine storm which is what makes the COVID so bad for some people, and then the azithromycin helps with the secondary bacterial pneumonia that often occurs.

joiyr4.jpeg
POTUS caught some grief for mentioning it too early, I think. Taiwan and a couple other countries are using this therapy.

[/quote]
[/quote]
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’ve read the paper. Really, read the articles in the Washington Post.
You’re under the care of a doctor. Because of the news many people are just taking the drug without being monitored. That’s dangerous. Also it’s creating a shortage for people who need it like you and people with Lupus,for example.
29again wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:02 pm Thank you, you do the same!

All I really have is anecdotal, but I've been prescribed the hydroxycholoroquine for years, for RA. Also a huge dose of Vit. D. I have not even had a cold in all the time I've been taking them, and I work retail, contacting over 100 people daily. I wash my hands often and use sanitizer, due to the amount of people always in the shop. Also have lysol spray for those who come in hacking up a lung telling me how this is the first day they felt like getting out of bed in a week.... ugghhhh.. When I first started the meds, I asked if it was really safe for me to work the way I do (all the people & the money!) and he said I would be fine. So far, so good.

I really do think that we will come out of this all right.

It is not a cure.

There is no cure.

joiyr4.jpeg

[/quote]
[/quote]
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:52 pm Seriously...what?

That's a snip off a larger conversation. That's out of today's briefing.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:15 pm
Francee89 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:52 pm Seriously...what?

That's a snip off a larger conversation. That's out of today's briefing.
I know, I was watching. It’s his typical strange word salad. But he’s obviously suggesting the country reopen businesses “soon” in the midst of a highly contagious pandemic, which is horrifying.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:57 pm
29again wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:23 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:54 pm

" But we are fighting a virus that can easily be killed off. We have tools to clean our environments thoroughly."

What does that look like?
For the virus, hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin for 6 days. For the environment, we have all kinds of sanitizers, disinfectants and cleaners. We even have laundry sanitizer, for crying out loud! We have anti-bacterial everything, to wipe down everything we touch. We can legitimately disinfect every item in our house, in our vehicles, at our work... every single thing.
The combination drugs were successful in one small French study, but they haven’t been tested in any kind of legitimate clinical trial, there’s been no study of the long term impacts of the drugs or whether the side effects should limit their usage and there’s already a shortage of them just based on people discussing them as a potential treatment.

How do sanitizers help prevent the spread of a disease that’s contagious through respiratory droplets? A restaurant or club can sanitize every single surface, but two people standing at a busy bar or sitting at close tables can’t protect against it being airborne if someone coughs, sneezes or spits when they talk.
Well, they're going to be pushing a vaccine on us for this that won't have any long term clinical trials either. They're getting that to market as soon as they can make it. They're not going to do any 3, 5 or 10 year study on the lasting impacts of that, which I find more unsettling than trying an antibiotic combo.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic