A message to all of you

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LMAO!😂

Ok .... I’m laughing so hard my dogs are looking at me like I’m crazy- lol!
Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:32 pm
cgd5112 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:01 pm I'm with Quorra. I'm clueless about who is who once they change their SN.

I also wondered how people are doing, especially when they leave. I read through some of the end of this thread and was happy to find out that Libby is doing well and is back :)

As for Cockatoo, I'm glad you are here as well :) I wondered where you were and all this time you and I were communicating- lol!

I remember VooDooB from CM. I don't think she was so bad, but then again I didn't have a long history of exchanges with her. I do remember her being kind to Billsfan ( SP?) when Bills was having a difficult time with other moms on CM.

Some of the other ladies I wonder about:

SuG
BaltimoreOrioles - or something like that. She was alsoRaven something
SweetFaith
Romalove (SP?)
Bookwormy

Maybe they are here with new screen names :)
I thought most knew when I changed my screen name. My apologies. It's good to see you here.

First time I encountered Voodoo, she talked about getting 8 seconds of morning wood from behind... :lol: :lol: :lol: *Facepalm, lol
Later, she doxxed LGA and that pissed not only me off, but a few others too and she lost a great deal of respect for it.

I'm pretty sure BMore, Orioles, Ravens, whatever, is still here. I suspect SF and Bills are too.

I wish Roma and SuG were here.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Maybe, but SARS Cov-2 is a virus and a new one at that.

How are you and your family holding up? Do you have kids affected by schools being closed ?
DSamuels wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:09 pm In some ways I think we were healthier before all the antibacterial stuff. Our bodies built up immunities.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:09 am I know! I was born in the 70s (early). And a second child! Which means my parents just cleaned my pacifier on their shirts if I dropped it, lol.
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:27 pm

LOL
Same here! :)

Yeah I'm turning 53 at the and of the month and I've pondered the same thing! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:09 pm In some ways I think we were healthier before all the antibacterial stuff. Our bodies built up immunities.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:09 am I know! I was born in the 70s (early). And a second child! Which means my parents just cleaned my pacifier on their shirts if I dropped it, lol.

LOL

Yeah I'm turning 53 at the and of the month and I've pondered the same thing! :lol: :lol: :lol:
My sister is constantly nagging me about my use of antibacterial soap. That and splenda. :lol:

She's kind if a hippy about a lot of stuff ... Except her 2 pack a day smoke habit!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We’re doing fine. Hubby is still working, supervisor at a printing company, and I am retired. Since we moved we are about 3 1/2 hours away from the grands.

Our grandkids go from freshman in college down to preschool are all out of school. The oldest 2 work at Taco Bell, so I am sure they are working. My daughter has been delivering free school meals every weekday in their town. She broke her ankle last week. Her husband agreed to take the month of April off instead of a 25% pay cut for 3 months.

The youngest 4 are my sons. He and his wife are both still working (HVAC and DHL) and they live out in the boonies with no internet so the girls are going to her mother’s house most days since she has internet. I don’t know which is worse, going out to the other grandma or 4 girls 12-5 home alone.
cgd5112 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:46 pm Maybe, but SARS Cov-2 is a virus and a new one at that.

How are you and your family holding up? Do you have kids affected by schools being closed ?

Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LOL! @ " I don’t know which is worse, going out to the other grandma or 4 girls 12-5 home alone. "

I'm glad you and your family are doing well.

I am always touched by moms on here whose children do volunteer work for our most vulnerable. Your daughter and her dh sound like wonderful people. I wish her a quick and uneventful recovery.

You can bet your grands are still working. Taco Bell is easy takeout and very affordable. Even though some knock it, I think it's important to have access to quick and affordable food to-go right know.

The likelihood that this crisis continues into summer, at least partially, is likely. That said, with people being home more, HVACs are going to be heavily used. I'm glad home maintenance and repair workers and companies are part of the essential list.

Take care, DS :)
DSamuels wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:51 pm We’re doing fine. Hubby is still working, supervisor at a printing company, and I am retired. Since we moved we are about 3 1/2 hours away from the grands.

Our grandkids go from freshman in college down to preschool are all out of school. The oldest 2 work at Taco Bell, so I am sure they are working. My daughter has been delivering free school meals every weekday in their town. She broke her ankle last week. Her husband agreed to take the month of April off instead of a 25% pay cut for 3 months.

The youngest 4 are my sons. He and his wife are both still working (HVAC and DHL) and they live out in the boonies with no internet so the girls are going to her mother’s house most days since she has internet. I don’t know which is worse, going out to the other grandma or 4 girls 12-5 home alone.
cgd5112 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:46 pm Maybe, but SARS Cov-2 is a virus and a new one at that.

DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Thank you! I hope you and your family are doing well also.
cgd5112 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:44 am LOL! @ " I don’t know which is worse, going out to the other grandma or 4 girls 12-5 home alone. "

I'm glad you and your family are doing well.

I am always touched by moms on here whose children do volunteer work for our most vulnerable. Your daughter and her dh sound like wonderful people. I wish her a quick and uneventful recovery.

You can bet your grands are still working. Taco Bell is easy takeout and very affordable. Even though some knock it, I think it's important to have access to quick and affordable food to-go right know.

The likelihood that this crisis continues into summer, at least partially, is likely. That said, with people being home more, HVACs are going to be heavily used. I'm glad home maintenance and repair workers and companies are part of the essential list.

Take care, DS :)
DSamuels wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:51 pm We’re doing fine. Hubby is still working, supervisor at a printing company, and I am retired. Since we moved we are about 3 1/2 hours away from the grands.

Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

In some ways we were. Antibacterials don’t just kill bad bacteria but the good as well. We have over used antibiotics, causing antibiotic resistant bacteria. Even vaccinations and eradication of viruses has the trade off of viruses mutating, evolving, etc. I vaccinate but do realize the trade off is viruses becoming zoonotic or super viruses. Heck many viruses originally were found in animals long before they mutated to zoonotic.

LOL

DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

There are so many more vaccines than there were when I was a baby and child and when my kids were born. My kids got 2 at their well baby checks - oral polio and DPT. At 15 months they got the MMR, and it was fairly new then. That was it.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:34 pm In some ways we were. Antibacterials don’t just kill bad bacteria but the good as well. We have over used antibiotics, causing antibiotic resistant bacteria. Even vaccinations and eradication of viruses has the trade off of viruses mutating, evolving, etc. I vaccinate but do realize the trade off is viruses becoming zoonotic or super viruses. Heck many viruses originally were found in animals long before they mutated to zoonotic.

Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I remember getting what I think was the last dose of opv based on age of my memory and the dosage schedule. As our technology and knowledge progress we develop more vaccines. I’m not knocking this and by no means suggesting not vaccinating, just it does contribute, in part. Not to mention all the pollution, toxins, and chemicals we ingest. I mean I learned cause and effect as well as about chain reactions in elementary school. It’s pretty basic science.

DSamuels wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:58 pm There are so many more vaccines than there were when I was a baby and child and when my kids were born. My kids got 2 at their well baby checks - oral polio and DPT. At 15 months they got the MMR, and it was fairly new then. That was it.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:34 pm In some ways we were. Antibacterials don’t just kill bad bacteria but the good as well. We have over used antibiotics, causing antibiotic resistant bacteria. Even vaccinations and eradication of viruses has the trade off of viruses mutating, evolving, etc. I vaccinate but do realize the trade off is viruses becoming zoonotic or super viruses. Heck many viruses originally were found in animals long before they mutated to zoonotic.

morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:31 am I am bumping this to ask a question as I don’t know if I created a new post if it would be considered a call out post. Does anyone keep in touch outside of this sight? There’s a few people who have left, no longer active or could have changed screen names and I just haven’t realized it. Just thinking that there’s screen names I don’t see like Reading, Morgan, and Libby(I know Libby left but does anyone keep in touch with her?) just hoping they are all ok during these times as well. I’m sure there’s others, those are just the 3 off the top of my head at this moment.
I work for an accountant. I'm way too busy during tax season to hang around but thanks for asking. Stay healthy.
KAG
Mean Girl
Locked Previous topicNext topic