'The only solution for climate change is letting the human race become extinct'

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:05 am
Frau Holle wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:01 am
Valentina327 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:54 am

It's got nothing to do with that. Regardless of what we do, the earth and climate will change. It will continue to change far into the future. It all changed before humans even wandered the earth and it's not going to stop. Granted our advancements are causing a accelerations, but even if we went back living like cavemen that's not going to halt everything.

There's no rule that says that humans will live forever. If other species have gone extinct, logic would dictate that it's bound to be our turn one day. We can stop using plastic straws all we want. First, our nation isn't the biggest polluter so you'd have to get those overseas on board since they're more of a cause. Second, you can't stop mother nature.
There’s no option of stopping climate change, the option we have is to make the lives we live better while going through it or worse.

Protecting the environment is huge when it comes to our quality of life.
Agreed. That's why the biggest polluters need to be on board. The plastic waste in the oceans is revolting. So many poor creatures are lost from eating or getting tangled up in waste. It's heartbreaking.
And the biggest polluters already feel it horribly. Needing air warnings on the news to tell their people when it is safe to breathe outside and when mask protection is needed.
It’s awful to bring up children like that. ( to be clear, I don’t mean the people are awful for bringing up children like that, I mean the logistics of bringing up children in areas where they can’t run and play outside safely)
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Shoota
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

The thing that really scares me is that we aren’t just destroying the ocean, we are destroying eco systems, so it all has a snowball effect on all coral/animals/plant life.
Locked Previous topicNext topic