#bloombergisracist...

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:51 pm
Carpy wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:18 am Biden's showing his racism too. He's either channeling Hillary or campaigning to Aunt Jamima. "We don't feel no ways tired".
The new rumor is Bloomberg is considering Hillary as a running mate. He must have a death wish.
I've read that today, as well, though he's evidently downplaying it (smart move).

Honestly IMO, if he does this, it's curtains for Bloomberg and his campaign. Should he even remotely win the primary to advance ahead to go up against Trump, it isn't going to happen for Bloomberg. He won't become POTUS.

Prediction for sure on my part but I think any Democrat candidate that would consider Clinton as a running mate should they win the Primary needs to throw the notion out the window.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AngelicUnicorn wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:44 pm If what he said is true, for his district, than no he isn’t racist.
He was mayor of New York City. Records of crimes are kept including age, S*x, race, etc. Young black men were responsible for the majority of the murders. They were also the majority of victims. A lot of drug wars.

There was also a lot of police corruption and abuse back then.

It’s not like much has changed. Now it’s Muslims and Latinos profiled. Latinos are pulled over on suspicion of being illegal in some states and Muslims are banned from entering the country because they lived in a certain country.

It’s typically republican policies that profile.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:35 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:43 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:18 pm

I think it would even have more to do with age and dress in most occasions, but if there is an issue with minority youths In gangs killing people they do need to be stopped and questioned more.

With all types of groups though. If a Muslim man has a dyed red beard he should be questioned more, if there is a white kid that looks like he is in one of those groups that drive cars into crowds they should be stopped more.

There is an element of race included because all of these youth gangs Whether it’s Black, White, Hispanic or Asian tend to group of with likewise, but we should not ignore clues of wrongdoing because we don’t want anyone to be offended.
Oh lord.

No, the police shouldn’t question a Muslim with a certain beard or a white kid based his race/appearance.

That’s outrageous.
Yes, they should. When a Muslim man dyes their beard red they are partaking in a holy war. That usually involves trying to kill someone.

That’s why so many of the terrorists that we know of have done it.

If a Muslim man dyes his beard red, they should be questioned more.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... range.html
Look...Val and I both explained to you why this is wrong.

This is not rocket science and I’m not arguing with you about dumb shit because you can grasp that concept.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:35 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:06 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:41 pm I almost gave him the benefit of the doubt, even though embellishing percentages rubbed me wrong.

^^^^ Then I saw this.

Insinuating more minorities should be stopped than whites.. is just some racist shit to say.
Yes, but is the fact that it might be racist enough of a reason to throw it out?

It is racist, but is it also reality that there are far more minority youths committing murders than other people?

If that is true, then stopping the murders has to be the first and foremost pressing issue.

I understand there are many different reasons that misguided youths might join illegal gangs, but fixing those reasons must logically come second.

If the kitchen sink is leaking you have to stop the flow of water first, then take it apart to fix it.
Here Frau, racial profiling is something that has been fought for years and years and has had some pretty terrible results. What he's saying is EXACTLY racial profiling, stopping people simply because of their color.
Thanks Val. 🤗
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:20 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:22 am
Carpy wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:18 am Biden's showing his racism too. He's either channeling Hillary or campaigning to Aunt Jamima. "We don't feel no ways tired".
No offense Carp..honest question...what is Aunt Jemima about the song?

I can understand how some may find the ad pandering but I don’t think it’s racist if a White person recites the song in context.
Pandering to a racist stereotype.
I get the pandering part but that song doesn’t perpetuate an Aunt Jemima stereotype.

We’ve chatted enough over the years that I don’t think you meant it that way. But a lot of our elders spoke that way and an Aunt Jemima target market is unfair. It’s a strong word.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:08 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:32 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:06 am

Yes, but is the fact that it might be racist enough of a reason to throw it out?

It is racist, but is it also reality that there are far more minority youths committing murders than other people?

If that is true, then stopping the murders has to be the first and foremost pressing issue.

I understand there are many different reasons that misguided youths might join illegal gangs, but fixing those reasons must logically come second.

If the kitchen sink is leaking you have to stop the flow of water first, then take it apart to fix it.
Are you trying to compare Germany to the US?
No, I am talking about the US.
Are you in the US?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:47 pm
Carpy wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:20 pm

I can understand how some may find the ad pandering but I don’t think it’s racist if a White person recites the song in context.
Pandering to a racist stereotype.
I get the pandering part but that song doesn’t perpetuate an Aunt Jemima stereotype.

We’ve chatted enough over the years that I don’t think you meant it that way. But a lot of our elders spoke that way and an Aunt Jemima target market is unfair. It’s a strong word.
Sorry, it's just what popped in my head, the pandering was just pathetic.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:59 am
Frau Holle wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:08 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:32 pm

Are you trying to compare Germany to the US?
No, I am talking about the US.
Are you in the US?
Right now, yes.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:34 pm
Frau Holle wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:35 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:43 pm

Oh lord.

No, the police shouldn’t question a Muslim with a certain beard or a white kid based his race/appearance.

That’s outrageous.
Yes, they should. When a Muslim man dyes their beard red they are partaking in a holy war. That usually involves trying to kill someone.

That’s why so many of the terrorists that we know of have done it.

If a Muslim man dyes his beard red, they should be questioned more.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... range.html
Look...Val and I both explained to you why this is wrong.

This is not rocket science and I’m not arguing with you about dumb shit because you can grasp that concept.

You’ve explained why you think it is wrong. But no one has actually addressed the points I have made when asking.

As far as I can tell, it seems as though the fear of perceived racism within investigations overrides the fear of murder from criminals who have a specific look.

Young criminals have a look, that goes along with the race they are. They like to look like each other and they flag themselves as different than the rest of normal society. Those people should be stopped and questioned more often. I could show you pictures of what Black gangs look like, White Gangs , Muslim Gangs, and of those people are systemic murdering large numbers of people they need to be stopped without fear of racism becoming more important than the life of the ones who might be dead tomorrow.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I didn’t know it was a song. There’s a clip of Hillary giving a speech in a black church and her whole speech pattern, cadence, accent and everything change so that she sounds completely different. It was very odd, and pandering and I think racist. I thought that’s what Carpy was referring to.

Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Locked Previous topicNext topic