72 Hours Before Rally: 'We Are Being Set Up' in VA

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
4HotTacos
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

https://www.westernjournal.com/va-state ... HQQetWFhtE
“Sadly, I am posting this, knowing that the Governor of Virginia has declared a State of Emergency in our state,” Chase wrote. “I want you to be aware of how we are being set up.”
Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, theres absolutely no point.
Amber Veal
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have such mixed feelings about this event....
I think patriots should heed the warning, stay home and avoid an obvious trap....
but also,
I think that We the People have had enough and need to make a stand for what WE believe in. We need to stop rolling over for the politicians and start standing up. If we don't take a stand on this, what will we take a stand on?
I believe wholeheartedly that if this gun nonsense goes through in VA like Northam wants, it will sweep across the country and then we are royally fucked. We will have NO rights at all.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:57 pm I have such mixed feelings about this event....
I think patriots should heed the warning, stay home and avoid an obvious trap....
but also,
I think that We the People have had enough and need to make a stand for what WE believe in. We need to stop rolling over for the politicians and start standing up. If we don't take a stand on this, what will we take a stand on?
I believe wholeheartedly that if this gun nonsense goes through in VA like Northam wants, it will sweep across the country and then we are royally fucked. We will have NO rights at all.
Why do the people who go to these gun rallies always seem to wear confederate flags on their clothes? I honestly don't know why they feel so connected to a flag that is not the American flag?

4HotTacos
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

29again wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:57 pm I have such mixed feelings about this event....
but also,
I agree, I believe Virginia is a test. I guess we will see tomorrow.
Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, theres absolutely no point.
Amber Veal
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I co
Lemons wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:16 pm
but also,
Why do the people who go to these gun rallies always seem to wear confederate flags on their clothes? I honestly don't know why they feel so connected to a flag that is not the American flag?

I really couldn't tell you. I've seen a few confederate flags in pick-up beds around town where I live, which is NOT in the South by any means. Also seen some rainbow flags flying in other truck beds, and I'm not in any large metro area, either. I'm guessing something about a "leave me the f**k alone" attitude plays into it? I really don't know.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
4HotTacos
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

but also,

Did a lil googling and found this. Hope it helps. https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-23705803
Amber Veal
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:58 pm I co
but also,

I really couldn't tell you. I've seen a few confederate flags in pick-up beds around town where I live, which is NOT in the South by any means. Also seen some rainbow flags flying in other truck beds, and I'm not in any large metro area, either. I'm guessing something about a "leave me the f**k alone" attitude plays into it? I really don't know.
I think they would do better to leave those flags out of it. They have nothing to do with gun control. ( I know you're not flying the flag, I'm just saying)
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

4HotTacos wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:08 pm
but also,

Did a lil googling and found this. Hope it helps. https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-23705803
Not true:
That's not true, says Barry Isenhour, a member of the group, who says it's really about honouring the Confederate soldiers who gave their lives. For him, the war was not primarily about slavery but standing up to being over-taxed, and he says many southerners abhorred slavery.
They fought for the greedy slave owners who didn't want to give up their free labor. Most of them, like every war every fought, had no choice in fighting. They were forced to fight by people more powerful than them. For this reason alone they should burn that flag.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I am really afraid about tomorrow. I'm staying away from Richmond but have family and friends who don't have a choice. The newly formed militia from my county (sigh) will be attending and these are the same who marched with their confederate flags the week after Charlottesville. I live in a town of 420 (give or take) and we had state swat on our court house roof the week after Charlottesville. F***ing flaggers. these are the gonad-less characters who are planning to attend Richmond. I just pray that no one is killed. But if any of them do hurt an innocent. Take them out.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Deleted User 203

Unread post

The only thing I can do is humbly offer up prayers to all who are attending this rally or live nearby.

This is a very tense, stress-filled, and potentially spooky situation about to occur.
Locked Previous topicNext topic