Video shows girl's final moments with grandfather before cruise ship death

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

New surveillance video shown to CBS News reveals the final moments before an 18-month-old girl fell to her death off a Royal Caribbean cruise ship. Chloe Wiegand was being held by her grandfather Salvatore Anello while the ship was docked in Puerto Rico in July.

Prosecutors have charged Anello with negligent homicide. He appeared in court Wednesday and was expected back in court on Dec. 17.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cruise-shi ... and-falls/
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

I didn't click the link.

It's just so tragic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:23 pm I didn't click the link.

It's just so tragic.
It really is. Heartbreaking for this family.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So glad they didn't make the video public and I hope it stays that way.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That's such a nightmare. I can't even imagine what goes through your mind in that moment.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Really tragic. This family is torn apart.
Lexy wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:19 pm
New surveillance video shown to CBS News reveals the final moments before an 18-month-old girl fell to her death off a Royal Caribbean cruise ship. Chloe Wiegand was being held by her grandfather Salvatore Anello while the ship was docked in Puerto Rico in July.

Prosecutors have charged Anello with negligent homicide. He appeared in court Wednesday and was expected back in court on Dec. 17.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cruise-shi ... and-falls/
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Terribly tragic. I’m not convinced the grandfather should have been charged but I suppose they felt they had to after seeing the video. I’m confused where on the ship this happened though. There wouldn’t be security footage in the rooms so this must have been a public area. Regardless, it’s well known and announced that railings are not to be climbed on. I’ve cruised Royal Caribbean many many times and I know there are signs posted around. Odd the article quoted someone saying there wasn’t. So sad.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I imagine that man is absolutely devastated, as are the parents and family. I simply cannot see this as negligent HOMICIDE. Not even sure I could see it as manslaughter.

Was he drinking? Taking medication? What was his intent?

Personally, I could never allow a small child in my family to that window - glass or not, or even by the rails. My only thoughts would be "What if something happens? What if someone trips? What if someone bumps us? What if the ship tilts? What if, what if, what if...
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:44 am I imagine that man is absolutely devastated, as are the parents and family. I simply cannot see this as negligent HOMICIDE. Not even sure I could see it as manslaughter.

Personally, I could never allow a small child in my family to that window - glass or not, or even by the rails. My only thoughts would be "What if something happens? What if someone trips? What if someone bumps us? What if the ship tilts? What if, what if, what if...
I think he’s getting charged because I think the family tried to sue the cruise.
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:44 am I imagine that man is absolutely devastated, as are the parents and family. I simply cannot see this as negligent HOMICIDE. Not even sure I could see it as manslaughter.

He held her OUT OF THE WINDOW

Not just up against it. But OUT OF THE WINDOW.

He absolutely should be charged. Remember the outrage when Michael Jackson held his youngest son over a balcony railing? Yeah this was similar
Locked Previous topicNext topic