Video shows girl's final moments with grandfather before cruise ship death

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:10 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:44 am I imagine that man is absolutely devastated, as are the parents and family. I simply cannot see this as negligent HOMICIDE. Not even sure I could see it as manslaughter.

Was he drinking? Taking medication? What was his intent?

Personally, I could never allow a small child in my family to that window - glass or not, or even by the rails. My only thoughts would be "What if something happens? What if someone trips? What if someone bumps us? What if the ship tilts? What if, what if, what if...
I think he’s getting charged because I think the family tried to sue the cruise.

He’s being charged because he held her out of the window. His version of events do not match the video.

There was also a bar right there. My educated guess is that he had been drinking right before he literally held her out of the window.
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:27 pm So glad they didn't make the video public and I hope it stays that way.
It is public. I have seen it.

He was standing by the bar. He picked her up and dangled her out of the window. She wasn’t banging on the glass. He held her completely out of the window.
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:15 am Terribly tragic. I’m not convinced the grandfather should have been charged but I suppose they felt they had to after seeing the video. I’m confused where on the ship this happened though. There wouldn’t be security footage in the rooms so this must have been a public area. Regardless, it’s well known and announced that railings are not to be climbed on. I’ve cruised Royal Caribbean many many times and I know there are signs posted around. Odd the article quoted someone saying there wasn’t. So sad.

He dangled her out of the window. The video, that I have seen, shows him pick her up and dangle her out the window.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:36 am
hockeymom87 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:10 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:44 am I imagine that man is absolutely devastated, as are the parents and family. I simply cannot see this as negligent HOMICIDE. Not even sure I could see it as manslaughter.

Personally, I could never allow a small child in my family to that window - glass or not, or even by the rails. My only thoughts would be "What if something happens? What if someone trips? What if someone bumps us? What if the ship tilts? What if, what if, what if...
I think he’s getting charged because I think the family tried to sue the cruise.

He’s being charged because he held her out of the window. His version of events do not match the video.

There was also a bar right there. My educated guess is that he had been drinking right before he literally held her out of the window.
Yes he said he didn’t know the window was open. But theme there’s a video of him leaning out the window.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:38 am
KnotaDinghy wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:15 am Terribly tragic. I’m not convinced the grandfather should have been charged but I suppose they felt they had to after seeing the video. I’m confused where on the ship this happened though. There wouldn’t be security footage in the rooms so this must have been a public area. Regardless, it’s well known and announced that railings are not to be climbed on. I’ve cruised Royal Caribbean many many times and I know there are signs posted around. Odd the article quoted someone saying there wasn’t. So sad.

He dangled her out of the window. The video, that I have seen, shows him pick her up and dangle her out the window.
I didn’t see a video, nor hear about this case other than the OP which makes it sound like he was holding onto the child, child sitting on the banister and they both leaned forward.

If he dangled the child then I’d say yes he should be charged.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

at 1st I was sympathetic toward the grandpa, its still stupid to allow a child to bear weight on a window, but there was no reason to not believe his version of events since he commonly did that with her at the hockey rink and he claimed he was colorblind, again stupid as hell especially if you're color blind to not be extra cautious.

but then I saw the video and he clearly puts his head out of the window for some time, then picks her up and hangs her out of the window before dropping her. that is negligent/child endangerment. that is totally common sense.
4HotTacos
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I've seen the video and it does look like the grandfather is leaning out and dangling her out the window. How tragic! I've witnessed mom and dads sitting their children on railings over a gorilla pit. Some just don't think. Just a loosened grasp and their kid is gone.
Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, theres absolutely no point.
Amber Veal
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't think the grandfather intended to kill his Granddaughter but the truth of the matter is he was a F***ing moron and is at fault. The family tried to sue the cruise line for whatever dumb reason and the cruise line is defending itself against wrongful allegations. The family's attorney is a F***ing idiot trying to say there are no signs saying you shouldn't sit or go past the wooden barriers. It's common F***ing sense. It's the equivalent of driving around the boom barrier at a set of train tracks and getting hit by an oncoming train . I'm sure Pappy was just trying to get baby to wave to people below but he was a F***ing moron same as all those people that lift their kids over the barriers at zoo enclosures to help their kids get better looks at the animals. Maybe they'll be fine, maybe they'll fall in and be mauled by a cougar in either case the parent is a negligent moron endangering their kid for nothing. I feel if you need a sign to explain it to you on EVERY window/barrier you come across, you shouldn't be reproducing or looking after children.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:35 am

He held her OUT OF THE WINDOW

Not just up against it. But OUT OF THE WINDOW.

He absolutely should be charged. Remember the outrage when Michael Jackson held his youngest son over a balcony railing? Yeah this was similar
The storyline in the video goes that he was holding her above, not over, the railing. The railing that is the barrier between the deck and the window. How many inches away is the railing from the window?

If I made a mistake like that, I'd throw myself overboard.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:07 am
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:35 am

He held her OUT OF THE WINDOW

Not just up against it. But OUT OF THE WINDOW.

He absolutely should be charged. Remember the outrage when Michael Jackson held his youngest son over a balcony railing? Yeah this was similar
The storyline in the video goes that he was holding her above, not over, the railing. The railing that is the barrier between the deck and the window. How many inches away is the railing from the window?

If I made a mistake like that, I'd throw myself overboard.

Did you watch the video? He actually dangled her out of the window. He held her tummy down and because it’s blurry I can’t tell if her entire body was outside of the window or just the top half but you can tell he is holding her out the window.
Locked Previous topicNext topic