Animal House in D.C. - Madame Speaker is the new Dean Wormer.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"Double secret impeachment"

I'm dying!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

https://nypost.com/2020/01/18/now-that- ... is-stooge/

She blew it. She didn't want to do this, knew damn well that there wasn't evidence, but she allowed her own party to railroad her into this impeachment. She folded like a cheap card table. I've heard people talk of how fierce she was. I'm not seeing it.

I'm really interested to see how this will play out for her career wise. Many say this will do her in. I wonder if there really will be an impact or if this will be business as usual.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

She's mentally ill. She makes absolutely no sense when she goes off script, well honestly she makes no sense when she reads the scripts she writes either.
Her own party has attempted more than once to replace her. Sadly her fund raising schemes prevented them from being successful. Hopefully this huge failure of impeachment might just be her undoing.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I can’t believe that she has stayed in office this long until you look at her district.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:30 pm I can’t believe that she has stayed in office this long until you look at her district.
I know. And that's what really disturbs me about her. What's it been - 40 years she's been in politics? And look what's happening to her people. She and Schiff should be fighting for them. I'm just very sad for her constituents.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

“After Pelosi’s little impeachment show flops harder in the Senate than “Cats” did in the multiplex, Trump will return to nonstop trolling of her on the campaign trail”

As if he wouldn’t have done that anyway.

Barely any elected Republicans are defending him on his conduct. The majority of Americans support impeachment (https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sho ... t-n1116816). Pelosi has consistently stood up to Trump and won, with his failed wall shutdown being the best other example.

Why would it do her in? Her caucus supports it and Republicans have and would have continued to use her as such a boogeyman, impeachment doesn’t seem particularly significant to that either way.
AngelicUnicorn
Countess
Countess

Unread post

These days, when Pelosi does her news conferences, half the time she sounds drunk.
Progress, not perfection.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:09 pm “After Pelosi’s little impeachment show flops harder in the Senate than “Cats” did in the multiplex, Trump will return to nonstop trolling of her on the campaign trail”

Barely any elected Republicans are defending him on his conduct. The majority of Americans support impeachment (https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sho ... t-n1116816). Pelosi has consistently stood up to Trump and won, with his failed wall shutdown being the best other example.

Why would it do her in? Her caucus supports it and Republicans have and would have continued to use her as such a boogeyman, impeachment doesn’t seem particularly significant to that either way.
I would expect that from an MSNBC poll. From other polls not one poll registers a over 50% in favor of impeachment. In fact the average of all the polls show No is a slight winner over Yes. The poll covers dems, republicans and independents.
A407AC04-1BE8-4A78-9466-34B710E3D2BA.jpeg
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I do feel that Pelosi has caved to pressure from especially the more "left" of her party and in order to stay on top and relevant.

And to me, if I am correct, that's sad and it's wrong. She's been in politics a lot longer than some of these younger, more unprofessional and liberal Democrats who embarrass their party far more than they help it.

Her (and I could be wrong on the EXACT phrasing) "somber and prayerful" moment signing those articles the other day with cameras all around while handing out the pens with a bit of a giddy look on her face was embarrassing, IMHO, for all of us and no better than the many embarrassing moments President Trump has produced since taking office in 2017.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:29 pm
Francee89 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:09 pm “After Pelosi’s little impeachment show flops harder in the Senate than “Cats” did in the multiplex, Trump will return to nonstop trolling of her on the campaign trail”

I would expect that from an MSNBC poll. From other polls not one poll registers a over 50% in favor of impeachment. In fact the average of all the polls show No is a slight winner over Yes. The poll covers dems, republicans and independents.

A407AC04-1BE8-4A78-9466-34B710E3D2BA.jpeg
It isn’t an MSNBC poll. It’s a Quinnipiac poll from this week, as the article states. And it didn’t cover impeachment and removal, as the polls you’re referring to do, just the House impeachment vote.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MEH - Kyle Smith is critic-at-large at National Review

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Smith
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic