Kathy Bates on MeToo: 'In my day, if you went to a guy’s hotel room, you knew why you were going'

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

if saying no is not a safe and comfortable option, it isn’t really an option. coercion = rape.
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:33 pm
moviestar wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:29 pm coerced consent isn’t consent. it is rape.
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:37 pm

Both scenarios require a decision to be made from the woman. Both scenarios are morally questionable. Neither is rape.
I agree that it’s morally wrong. I disagree that it’s rape even if some laws in some places call it rape. A woman has a choice and a voice. She can practice using both.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Because blackmail makes it okay to rape. Doesn't it bunbun?
moviestar wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:29 pm coerced consent isn’t consent. it is rape.
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:37 pm

Both scenarios require a decision to be made from the woman. Both scenarios are morally questionable. Neither is rape.
I agree that it’s morally wrong. I disagree that it’s rape even if some laws in some places call it rape. A woman has a choice and a voice. She can practice using both.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:37 pm Because blackmail makes it okay to rape. Doesn't it bunbun?
You really should stick to your tantrum in your post where every other reply is “ my post, f**k off”. Like a two year old with a potty mouth.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:39 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:37 pm Because blackmail makes it okay to rape. Doesn't it bunbun?

You really should stick to your tantrum in your post where every other reply is “ my post, f**k off”. Like a two year old with a potty mouth.
Clearly you needed more attention on your posts so I'm here to oblige. Bunbun
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:36 pm if saying no is not a safe and comfortable option, it isn’t really an option. coercion = rape.
IMO it’s only an unsafe option if the woman’s health and safety is threatened. Or her family’s safety is threatened. A job being threatened isn’t a big enough threat to not say no.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:39 pm

Ok... hello?
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:42 pm

Ok... hello?
So back to the topic at hand you clearly think rape that occurs through blackmail is perfectly fine, since the woman could have said "NO" and wasn't physically forced with say a gun pointed at her.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:45 pm

Ok... hello?
So back to the topic at hand you clearly think rape that occurs through blackmail is perfectly fine, since the woman could have said "NO" and wasn't physically forced with say a gun pointed at her.
Sorry bacon but after your little tantrum and starting shit with me today I can’t talk about a serious subject with you because I don’t take you seriously. Your opinion and thoughts on my posts have no value. You are only good for a laugh and entertaining drama.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:50 pm

Ok... hello?
Sorry bacon but after your little tantrum and starting shit with me today I can’t talk about a serious subject with you because I don’t take you seriously. Your opinion and thoughts on my posts have no value. You are only good for a laugh and entertaining drama.
A serious subject that you dismiss at a whim because Blackmail makes rape okay in your eyes. You know you could just ignore me.....wait...we've tried that before. LOL
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:55 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:50 pm

A serious subject that you dismiss at a whim because Blackmail makes rape okay in your eyes. You know you could just ignore me.....wait...we've tried that before. LOL
You are doing a bang up job ignoring me in your post. But that post is in the fight club. This is news and politics. I’ll give you attention there but not here.
Locked Previous topicNext topic