Prince Harry, Meghan to give up ‘royal highness’ titles

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:50 am
KnotaDinghy wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:30 pm It’s good to see them forced to repay the tax payers money.
Were they refusing to pay taxpayers back?
If they had stayed as senior royals they would not have been expected to pay it back. I wonder if Harry and Meghan discussed this or if it was presented to him as one of the requirements.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Deleted User 638

Unread post

I have so much respect for them stepping away. Every adult has the right to be in control of his or her own life. Now Harry can do that. Archie's life will be so much better because of this.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

where does it say they were forced?
KnotaDinghy wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:30 pm It’s good to see them forced to repay the tax payers money.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Did you even read your own article? they are still royal. They’re still Duke and Duchess, he’s still a prince. They haven’t even been stripped of the highness titles, they just wont use them.

the movements of another country’s royals is among the weirdest things the right has been getting all frothy about lately. is it because Meghan is open in her dislike of donald?
DSamuels wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:34 pm
I agree! I was surprised at that. I wonder how no longer being royal will do to their “Sussex Royal” brand and trademark.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:41 am
If they had stayed as senior royals they would not have been expected to pay it back. I wonder if Harry and Meghan discussed this or if it was presented to him as one of the requirements.
I think it was taken away from them. Just like their demands to have British security were denied.
KAG
Mean Girl
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

demands? source?
morgan wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:06 pm

I think it was taken away from them. Just like their demands to have British security were denied.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

morgan wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:06 pm

Wishful thinking on your part doesn't make something true.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

The article says agreement so I would think there was some discussion around it and the couple probably knew to expect some of this before the decision was made.

I was wondering if they refused and had to be forced to do it since I haven’t kept up with it in detail.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yes, I did read the article. I used the title that was posted at the time. It’s changed a bit to this now

“Harry, Meghan to quit royal jobs, give up ‘highness’ titles”

It looks like the article has been updated too, but the main points remain the same.

They are no longer considered “senior royals” or “working royals” and no longer represent the queen. I don’t know what good a title you aren’t “allowed” to use anymore is.

I can’t speak for anyone else but I have followed the royal family since Charles and Diana’s engagement and wedding. I didn’t realize only “the right” was following the story. Feel free to find another thread more to your liking.
moviestar wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:04 pm Did you even read your own article? they are still royal. They’re still Duke and Duchess, he’s still a prince. They haven’t even been stripped of the highness titles, they just wont use them.

the movements of another country’s royals is among the weirdest things the right has been getting all frothy about lately. is it because Meghan is open in her dislike of donald?
I agree! I was surprised at that. I wonder how no longer being royal will do to their “Sussex Royal” brand and trademark.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Duke and Duchess are still royal titles.

It’s not only the right following the story, just only the right that seems to want to trash the couple, Meghan especially.
DSamuels wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:33 pm Yes, I did read the article. I used the title that was posted at the time. It’s changed a bit to this now

“Harry, Meghan to quit royal jobs, give up ‘highness’ titles”

It looks like the article has been updated too, but the main points remain the same.

They are no longer considered “senior royals” or “working royals” and no longer represent the queen. I don’t know what good a title you aren’t “allowed” to use anymore is.

I can’t speak for anyone else but I have followed the royal family since Charles and Diana’s engagement and wedding. I didn’t realize only “the right” was following the story. Feel free to find another thread more to your liking.
moviestar wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:04 pm Did you even read your own article? they are still royal. They’re still Duke and Duchess, he’s still a prince. They haven’t even been stripped of the highness titles, they just wont use them.

Locked Previous topicNext topic