Question about American Politics right now

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If Donald Trump is found guilty by the senate, then he cannot run again , am I correct?

So who would the Republicans vote for when the election begins?

Would people just have to vote for a Democrat because there would be no Republican up for it?
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I am not a American but Trump will NOT be found guilty by the US Senate as it is controlled by the Republican Party so this is all smoke and mirrors on both sides.
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

If I had to guess, the Republicans would probably roll on with Mike Pence.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

caustib wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:08 pm If I had to guess, the Republicans would probably roll on with Mike Pence.
This is what I think too but I don’t think Trump’s going to be found guilty with a GOP controlled senate. However, I think it’s interesting that a few prominent senators are pushing for witness testimony before they voice their opinion.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:34 pm
caustib wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:08 pm If I had to guess, the Republicans would probably roll on with Mike Pence.
This is what I think too but I don’t think Trump’s going to be found guilty with a GOP controlled senate. However, I think it’s interesting that a few prominent senators are pushing for witness testimony before they voice their opinion.
I wonder a couple things about those few, I don’t know who they are. Are they up for re-election? What is the make up of their states? Are they “never Trump” people?

I don’t think he’ll be found guilty either. 2/3 of the senate is an awful big number to come up with. That said, no way would I vote Democrat for president. I am sure they would find someone to run.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:03 pm I am not a American but Trump will NOT be found guilty by the US Senate as it is controlled by the Republican Party so this is all smoke and mirrors on both sides.
Smoke and mirrors means they are trying to fool people right?

What do you think the reason would be if they were both working together to fool either Americans or the rest of the world?
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Not really fool people but more sway people to vote for their candidate election time. Both are swinging this to be in their favour.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:39 pm
I wonder a couple things about those few, I don’t know who they are. Are they up for re-election? What is the make up of their states? Are they “never Trump” people?

I don’t think he’ll be found guilty either. 2/3 of the senate is an awful big number to come up with. That said, no way would I vote Democrat for president. I am sure they would find someone to run.
Some of the names floating around are Murkowski (generally moderate), Collins (generally moderate and up for a tough re-election), Romney (probably the only sometimes-vocal Never Trump person of the group), Gardner (up for a tough re-election in an increasingly blue leaning state) and Alexander (an institutionalist who is retiring).

Trump also said he’d “love” for Pompeo, Bolton and Perry to testify in the Senate on December 3. Hopefully they’ll take him up on that!
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:39 pm

I couldn’t answer those questions. I don’t follow them or their states that closely. My interest in politics is more peripheral than directly. I know Romney is one. I am more curious if the push they are making to hear witnesses is more for show, which could be a good strategy. If they are dismissive then it really doesn’t show they are conducting an impartial trial or if they are genuinely interested in what the witnesses have to bring forth. I said a while ago starting talk about the impeachment before Mueller’s report was released was poor strategy and could lead many to view it as the witch hunt it’s been claimed. BUT to be dismissive would be an equally poor strategy on the GOPs part.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:40 pm
highlandmum wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:03 pm I am not a American but Trump will NOT be found guilty by the US Senate as it is controlled by the Republican Party so this is all smoke and mirrors on both sides.
Smoke and mirrors means they are trying to fool people right?

What do you think the reason would be if they were both working together to fool either Americans or the rest of the world?
Do you and your countrymen believe your question to be true?
As in does the rest of the world think that all this BS in Congress is a ruse to distract from something else?

I think if they're working together to fool the rest of the world then they should be immediately forced out of their positions as leaders of the free world because they can obviously work together but not in the name of good.
Locked Previous topicNext topic