White House violated the law by freezing Ukraine aid, GAO says

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:48 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:41 am
KnotaDinghy wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:28 am

Stop being so passive aggressive. It’s annoying as shit.

No.
Not ‘but Obama’.
It’s the truth. The GAO finds things against the law all the time and releases reports. It’s their OPINION. And when that happened there wasn’t a big stink about it and certainly NOT an Impeachment. People should be consistent.

It’s also natural to refer back to the most recent administration as most people remember that best. But we could go back further if you want. There’s many instances of hypocrisy between other Presidents treatment and how Trump is being treated.
Heck yes, it is "but Obama" and "but, but, but...they all did it". "Well, Obama did it too!" "Well, Bush did it too!" "Well, Clinton did it too!"

It's bullshit. Like this - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... deral-law/ which is probably from where your OPINION on the GAO OPINION stems.

I don't want Trump impeached - precisely because that gives us Pence, and that evangelistic nightmare doesn't ever need to be in that office.

I am again finding myself stuck in a hard place for the upcoming presidential election. No way would I vote for Sanders or Warren or Biden, and I don't think Bloomberg or Steyer even have a chance at the nomination, although I doubt I'd vote for either of them. I also wish upon a star that the Republicans would get back to the center. Reagan looks like a moderate now, smh.
Could you share a list of extremist policies promoted by Trump?
In comparison with..?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:59 am
Carpy wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:48 am

Heck yes, it is "but Obama" and "but, but, but...they all did it". "Well, Obama did it too!" "Well, Bush did it too!" "Well, Clinton did it too!"

It's bullshit. Like this - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... deral-law/ which is probably from where your OPINION on the GAO OPINION stems.

I don't want Trump impeached - precisely because that gives us Pence, and that evangelistic nightmare doesn't ever need to be in that office.

I am again finding myself stuck in a hard place for the upcoming presidential election. No way would I vote for Sanders or Warren or Biden, and I don't think Bloomberg or Steyer even have a chance at the nomination, although I doubt I'd vote for either of them. I also wish upon a star that the Republicans would get back to the center. Reagan looks like a moderate now, smh.
Could you share a list of extremist policies promoted by Trump?
In comparison with..?
Whoever you compare with to state your claim.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:23 am
Shoota wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:12 pm
KnotaDinghy wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:38 pm ..... and the GAO found the Obama Administration violated a couple of Federal laws with the negotiations and swap with the terrorists to get Sgt Bergdahl returned.

No one cared about that, which I feel is far more critical than delaying an aid package to another country.
More critical than allowing a foreign government to be blackmailed into meddling our election process? 🤦‍♀️
Blackmailed?
Yeah, that never happened.

Ukraine did meddle in the 2016 election but for HRC, not Trump.
Proof of Ukraine “meddling” in 2016 for Clinton?

Again, why is Trump simultaneously illegally withholding aid, while using his personal lawyer and phone calls to demand an investigation into his political rival acceptable to Republicans? Does that seem like appropriate behavior?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:38 pm ..... and the GAO found the Obama Administration violated a couple of Federal laws with the negotiations and swap with the terrorists to get Sgt Bergdahl returned.

No one cared about that, which I feel is far more critical than delaying an aid package to another country.
Is there a retro impeachment option? I'm sure that can be worked in, since the constitution is viewed as irrelevant now by a certain segment of our population. It's do whatever we want time in the government now apparently.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:22 pm But, but, but...OBAMA!

No.
Not ‘but Obama’.
It’s the truth. The GAO finds things against the law all the time and releases reports. It’s their OPINION. And when that happened there wasn’t a big stink about it and certainly NOT an Impeachment. People should be consistent.

It’s also natural to refer back to the most recent administration as most people remember that best. But we could go back further if you want. There’s many instances of hypocrisy between other Presidents treatment and how Trump is being treated.

They've been screeching for impeachment since Trump walked in and it gives me a chill every time. I don't know WHY anyone that's complaining so hard about Trump, claiming he's racist, claiming he's a white supremacist and whatever blatant nonsense they say, would want Pence to walk into the presidency.

You want freedoms taken away? You want abortion abolished? You want the 'mos to have to go back into hiding? You want travel bans? You want no immigrants allowed into this country? You want to keep complaining that old white men are the ones who are favored? Keep screeching for impeachment.

What the hell do they think this country of ours would look like under President Pence? Do they simply not understand what happens if Trump gets removed?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:00 am

No.
Not ‘but Obama’.

They've been screeching for impeachment since Trump walked in and it gives me a chill every time. I don't know WHY anyone that's complaining so hard about Trump, claiming he's racist, claiming he's a white supremacist and whatever blatant nonsense they say, would want Pence to walk into the presidency.

You want freedoms taken away? You want abortion abolished? You want the 'mos to have to go back into hiding? You want travel bans? You want no immigrants allowed into this country? You want to keep complaining that old white men are the ones who are favored? Keep screeching for impeachment.

What the hell do they think this country of ours would look like under President Pence? Do they simply not understand what happens if Trump gets removed?
Wow, what obese old man put such a horrid person one heartbeat away from the Presidency? Oh wait. Is that supposed to be a positive for Trump in terms of leadership and discernment?

What would Pence do if President to accomplish those things that Trump isn’t doing for him? And Trump proposed a “complete and total shutdown” of Muslims entering the United States months before Pence was selected as his running mate - that bigotry isn’t some kind of unique Pence idea, it was pure Trump.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:22 pm But, but, but...OBAMA!

No.
Not ‘but Obama’.

I don’t read Brietbart. I actually remember when the GAO came out with that statement about the Obama Administration. And my OPINION is that people should be consistent. If you are outraged over it now but we’re not last time, that’s hypocrisy and stupid. I can’t compare / contrast without relating to an exact event. SMH.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:45 am
KnotaDinghy wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:23 am
Shoota wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:12 pm

More critical than allowing a foreign government to be blackmailed into meddling our election process? 🤦‍♀️
Blackmailed?
Yeah, that never happened.

Ukraine did meddle in the 2016 election but for HRC, not Trump.
Proof of Ukraine “meddling” in 2016 for Clinton?

Again, why is Trump simultaneously illegally withholding aid, while using his personal lawyer and phone calls to demand an investigation into his political rival acceptable to Republicans? Does that seem like appropriate behavior?
Rules of aid are to ensure compliance. I don’t see the aid delay as being illegal.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:48 am

Is there a retro impeachment option? I'm sure that can be worked in, since the constitution is viewed as irrelevant now by a certain segment of our population. It's do whatever we want time in the government now apparently.
The Senate would be busy in my opinion.
There’d be a long line of Presidents to be impeached based upon the House’s current standards.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:00 am

No.
Not ‘but Obama’.

They truly are insane and believe not only will Trump be removed from office but so will Pence. Then half believe Pelosi will take the Presidency and half believe she’ll put Hillary in. Then they will cancel the 2020 election completely.

Truly insane.
Locked Previous topicNext topic