White House violated the law by freezing Ukraine aid, GAO says

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

29again wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:42 pm
Francee89 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:29 pm
29again wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:23 pm

So, even though Ukraine apologized for something, it was something they didn't even do. Do I have that right? And the Russian meddling amounted to buying about a half million dollars worth of facebook ads. Oh, and helping write that dossier that was debunked. WHY would Ukraine apologize for something they did NOT do? Who does that help?
Could you quote where exactly they apologized?
Oh, my mistake, they didn't apologize, per se.
Poroshenko’s allies are scrambling to figure out how to build a relationship with Trump, who is known for harboring and prosecuting grudges for years.
They knew they fucked up big-time, and were willing to do almost anything to make things right. Not sure how I read an apology into that, but somehow I did.
What “almost anything” were they willing to do? They paid a lobbying firm, which isn’t unusual, and tried to set up meetings, which they’d be doing with any new administration. No one apologized for anything, because there was no coordinated Ukrainian government effort to meddle.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:02 pm
Francee89 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:29 pm

Could you quote where exactly they apologized?
Oh, my mistake, they didn't apologize, per se.
Poroshenko’s allies are scrambling to figure out how to build a relationship with Trump, who is known for harboring and prosecuting grudges for years.
They knew they fucked up big-time, and were willing to do almost anything to make things right. Not sure how I read an apology into that, but somehow I did.
What “almost anything” were they willing to do? They paid a lobbying firm, which isn’t unusual, and tried to set up meetings, which they’d be doing with any new administration. No one apologized for anything, because there was no coordinated Ukrainian government effort to meddle.
Yes, we know that there was no coordinated, top-down government effort to meddle. But the fact does remain that government officials from Ukraine DID meddle. I don't understand why you are having trouble with that fact.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

29again wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:00 am
Francee89 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:02 pm

Oh, my mistake, they didn't apologize, per se. They knew they fucked up big-time, and were willing to do almost anything to make things right. Not sure how I read an apology into that, but somehow I did.
Yes, we know that there was no coordinated, top-down government effort to meddle. But the fact does remain that government officials from Ukraine DID meddle. I don't understand why you are having trouble with that fact.
I’m not having trouble with that fact at all. I’ve acknowledged that. It’s simply incorrect to say that Ukraine meddled - some Ukrainian individuals may have. Which is why the Ukrainian government never apologized.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic