Expelled over rainbows

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Hey I'm as cynical about Christian schools as the next person but if this was truly over rainbows I'll eat that moldy unidentifiable whatever that is in the back of my refrigerator. I bet ABC news didn't confirm the story. It's getting to where TV will say anything to get rating. No Christian school, unless Jim Jones is the principal, is that stupid.
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:11 pm Hey I'm as cynical about Christian schools as the next person but if this was truly over rainbows I'll eat that moldy unidentifiable whatever that is in the back of my refrigerator. I bet ABC news didn't confirm the story. It's getting to where TV will say anything to get rating. No Christian school, unless Jim Jones is the principal, is that stupid.
I hope you’re right
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

It's asinine. The school is ignorant.
How in god's name does any group get to claim any sign from the beginning of time as their own? Who gives them that much power. Rainbows have existed from the beginning, the very beginning of weather. Why does any group in the 20th century get to say from this moment on, regardless to the number of years prior, that this particular sign, symbol, color, hand sign, whatever will now forever be only for a particular group? Who okays such nonsense?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

GMa4all wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:13 pm
Pjmm wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:11 pm Hey I'm as cynical about Christian schools as the next person but if this was truly over rainbows I'll eat that moldy unidentifiable whatever that is in the back of my refrigerator. I bet ABC news didn't confirm the story. It's getting to where TV will say anything to get rating. No Christian school, unless Jim Jones is the principal, is that stupid.
I hope you’re right
Unless I'm missing something I don't see anything about the journalist talking to the school. I can go on social media and claim someone gave yds a lunch detention for his pink jacket instead of for tardiness and whine about their inability to follow his IEP but that doesn't make it true. Now I'm skeptical of religious schools. But expulsion over a rainbow cake when anyone who reads Genesis knows what the rainbow symbolizes? Right. If this is true I guess I've got some very...I think this is cheese.. to eat.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The religious beliefs they are imposing NOW --- says a lot. This story about the school sounds like the school flipped it's .... over the symbolism on a cake and sweater. Is there any evidence from this school that this young girl is a lesbian or has acted toward her classmates in a harassing way?

What was the total of the incidents she's been reprimanded about prior to this? Do we know the entire history?

And what? Do you become owned by your religious institution because you attend their school? Why should they have any right to discipline her if this was outside of school hours? (You/your is general)
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:21 pm And here’s what the mother had to say:

“I felt like [Whitefield Academy] had a positive impact on her, but I just feel like those religious beliefs they are imposing now are very judgmental. That’s not what I wanted for her.”

Well, sorry... but they’re a religious school. They have every right to have and teach any beliefs they want. If she doesn’t want those beliefs “imposed” on her kid, then don’t send her to that school to begin with. The school doesn’t have to change anything just because she doesn’t agree with it.
Lexy wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:39 pm
Inaccurate media reports are circling stating that the student in question was expelled from our school solely for a social media post,” Jacobson’s statement said. “In fact, she has unfortunately violated our student code of conduct numerous times over the past two years.”
https://nypost.com/2020/01/15/teen-expe ... ake-photo/
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic