Expelled over rainbows

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
MommyTutu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say.

I already stated that I don't agree with expelling someone over rainbows.
AllofFive19 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:31 pm
MommyTutu wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:41 pm I certainly don't agree with expelling someone over rainbows, of all things. However, I find it hard to understand parents who send their children to schools with values or beliefs that don't align with their own and then want to make a stink about it.
I'm pretty sure their values and beliefs had nothing in it in regards to believing rainbows meant you were a lesbian.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They have lost their minds. But this is what happens when parents send kids to "Christian" schools. I thought Jesus wanted everyone to love each other. What happened to that??
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Inaccurate media reports are circling stating that the student in question was expelled from our school solely for a social media post,” Jacobson’s statement said. “In fact, she has unfortunately violated our student code of conduct numerous times over the past two years.”
https://nypost.com/2020/01/15/teen-expe ... ake-photo/
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:39 pm
Inaccurate media reports are circling stating that the student in question was expelled from our school solely for a social media post,” Jacobson’s statement said. “In fact, she has unfortunately violated our student code of conduct numerous times over the past two years.”
The mom doesn’t dispute that in the OP’s article. She’s just advertising that the school is idiotic enough to be upset enough about a rainbow cake and sweater for it to factor in as the last straw for expulsion, which the school doesn’t deny.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I bolded it. I think the school's beliefs aligned with theirs for the most part, or all except they didn't know the school would have a fit over rainbows. And they're making a stink about being expelled over something stupid. I would too.
MommyTutu wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:55 pm I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say.

MommyTutu wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:41 pm I certainly don't agree with expelling someone over rainbows, of all things. However, I find it hard to understand parents who send their children to schools with values or beliefs that don't align with their own and then want to make a stink about it.
I'm pretty sure their values and beliefs had nothing in it in regards to believing rainbows meant you were a lesbian.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Deleted User 203

Unread post

From the article:

"Alford admitted that her daughter, who has been a student at Whitefield since the 6th grade, has had trouble following the school's strict rules. She once got in trouble for shaving the sides of her head and was ordered to wear her hair down to cover it up. She was also penalized for having an e-cig on campus, her mother said.

When asked about her daughter's reaction to the dismissal, she said the teenager felt hurt.

"She feels judged," Alford said. "It hurts me too because I don't want her to grow up thinking something wrong with her just because she marches to the beat of her own drum
."

None of our children attended a religious school of any type but I've come to understand through friend's over the years who had children who did that they're rather strict with their rules.

Simply by attending a religious school doesn't somehow make the students above the norm when it comes to students, particularly teens, pushing the envelope on rules.

However, at the same time and given the girl's age, she has asserted her rebellion of the rules to the point where there would be a 'final straw' moment for a school like this.

My concern is this---this was a photo of a party that occurred OFF campus. So should that even apply since it wasn't a matter of something the girl did ON campus? I don't feel like it's fair to her.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And here’s what the mother had to say:

“I felt like [Whitefield Academy] had a positive impact on her, but I just feel like those religious beliefs they are imposing now are very judgmental. That’s not what I wanted for her.”

Well, sorry... but they’re a religious school. They have every right to have and teach any beliefs they want. If she doesn’t want those beliefs “imposed” on her kid, then don’t send her to that school to begin with. The school doesn’t have to change anything just because she doesn’t agree with it.
Lexy wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:39 pm
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
MommyTutu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This isn't the first time that the young lady has been in trouble with the school. Look at the quote (from the mother) in the post just before mine.

I suspect if it were just a typical student who had a rainbow cake, they wouldn't have been expelled. It's hard to imagine it would even be a blip on their radar. That's speculation on my part of course.
AllofFive19 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:40 pm I bolded it. I think the school's beliefs aligned with theirs for the most part, or all except they didn't know the school would have a fit over rainbows. And they're making a stink about being expelled over something stupid. I would too.
MommyTutu wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:55 pm I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say.

Deleted User 1461

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:17 pm They have lost their minds. But this is what happens when parents send kids to "Christian" schools. I thought Jesus wanted everyone to love each other. What happened to that??
Good question.

I’m a believer in public schools for many reasons and this kind of control and prejudice at Christian schools is one of the reasons.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

GMa4all wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:43 pm
hotspice58 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:17 pm They have lost their minds. But this is what happens when parents send kids to "Christian" schools. I thought Jesus wanted everyone to love each other. What happened to that??
Good question.

I’m a believer in public schools for many reasons and this kind of control and prejudice at Christian schools is one of the reasons.
People have choices and she (the parent) picked the wrong school if she did not share the same beliefs.
Locked Previous topicNext topic