Anti-Vaccination group becomes increasingly aggressive *eta a question*

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The aggressive approaches are "an awful new normal."

Once largely limited to online bullying, those who oppose immunizations are increasingly taking their harassment tactics into the real world: aggressively following legislators and doctors and, in some cases, using physical violence.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-hea ... d-n1096461

I support peaceful protest, regardless of whether I agree or not. The increase of aggression is, troubling to me though, and shouldn’t be the “new norm”. It doesn’t, in my mind, fall under peaceful protest. Free thought is one of our most basic human rights, and these types of tactics ignore that. There’s a huge difference between handing out pamphlets, carrying signs, or speaking out and following, harassing, and attacking(verbally and/or physically) others.

***ETA question: Reading responses(and thank you ladies for your responses) I started thinking about a couple things so here’s my question: if vaccinations are mandatory, should the antibody titer test also be mandatory?
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

OMG
They are so uninformed and actually quite dangerous.
Obviously they’re also young because they have no idea what is was like before vaccinations.
They had better not be near anyone I know and love, especially when my grandchildren marry and have babies which is a possibility very soon.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WTF? A woman threw a menstrual cup full of blood at legislators and doctors? And these people want to be taken seriously?
Personally, I’m pro-vax, but I respect their right to make the choice they believe is best. I only expect the same consideration in return.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:14 am WTF? A woman threw a menstrual cup full of blood at legislators and doctors? And these people want to be taken seriously?
Personally, I’m pro-vax, but I respect their right to make the choice they believe is best. I only expect the same consideration in return.
That’s disgusting and doesn’t make sense!
Since when does menstruation have anything to do with vaccinations?
Stupid woman.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Wrong behavior from a bunch of ignorant jerks. I DON'T support their right to be ignorant because it's a public health issue-the rest of our population is adversely affected by these idiots.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This is why while I support their right to make their individual choice, I also support facing certain consequences for that choice. I wouldn’t agree to have people who don’t vaccinate charged for a crime ir misdemeanor, but I agree with schools not allowing unvaccinated children- except for legitimate medical reasons.

When you make choices that don’t affect others, great. But when other will be affected by it, then their safety comes before your personal preference. The choice to vaccinate my children affects no one, it certainly doesn’t affect them, so why would they be bothered by it? If a doctor promotes vaccine in his/her own practice, what’s it to them? Go to a doctor that’s supports your views.
EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:17 am Wrong behavior from a bunch of ignorant jerks. I DON'T support their right to be ignorant because it's a public health issue-the rest of our population is adversely affected by these idiots.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:14 am WTF? A woman threw a menstrual cup full of blood at legislators and doctors? And these people want to be taken seriously?
I am befuddled how anyone thinks these types of tactics are effective at all. It’s pretty disgusting many of the actions they choose to take. The throwing of the used menstrual cup is the equivalent of a monkey throwing feces. Instead of evolving there’s almost a de-evolution that’s occurring.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

GMa4all wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:11 am
That’s disgusting and doesn’t make sense!
Since when does menstruation have anything to do with vaccinations?
Stupid woman.
It IS pretty disgusting and and doesn’t make sense. Somewhere we started throwing away logic and common sense. I’m not even referring to what they believe but the actions they are taking to try to “win”. This whole “I’m right, everyone who disagrees with me is wrong, and I’m going to use any means necessary to force others to comply with my beliefs” is really getting out of hand.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:17 am Wrong behavior from a bunch of ignorant jerks. I DON'T support their right to be ignorant because it's a public health issue-the rest of our population is adversely affected by these idiots.
I would support their right to peaceful protest, IF this group was only peacefully protesting. As to their right to vaccinate or not, I’ve given this a lot of thought. I believe in “your body, your choice” and I believe in free thought, BUT the choice doesn’t just effect them, so they are subsequently making a choice for every single person they come into contact with who can not be vaccinated for medical reasons and this kind of aggressive tactics is an attempt to force others to comply with their beliefs. As far as removing religious exemptions, again, they can believe what they want BUT they can not harm others to actively practice their beliefs.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Absolutely! A choice stops being “personal” when it affects a third party.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:30 pm
I would support their right to peaceful protest, IF this group was only peacefully protesting. As to their right to vaccinate or not, I’ve given this a lot of thought. I believe in “your body, your choice” and I believe in free thought, BUT the choice doesn’t just effect them, so they are subsequently making a choice for every single person they come into contact with who can not be vaccinated for medical reasons and this kind of aggressive tactics is an attempt to force others to comply with their beliefs. As far as removing religious exemptions, again, they can believe what they want BUT they can not harm others to actively practice their beliefs.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic