Worlds first HIV positive sperm bank

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

There are reasons for storing sperm beyond donation or sale, i.e., before a vasectomy, before undergoing treatment for an illness, using one's sperm for surrogacy, etc.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

jas wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:08 am
AllofFive19 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:05 am Moral issue? HIV positive people have already gone on to have children without the virus.
And there are those who have not.
You are about 5 years behind. Do some research.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why would anyone seek this out? Who knows what these medications have done to the men that are taking them, and what chromosomal alterations there have been due to these meds?

Having a child with a man you love and overlooking his HIV status is one thing. Seeking out compromised sperm of a stranger is quite another. I'm interested to see how many takers they'll have of this sperm.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

jas wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:19 am
moviestar wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:51 am HIV cannot be transmitted by a person whose viral levels are undetectable, as is the case with these donors. And HIV has never been directly transmissible from a father to an in-utero fetus.

So, again... what is the moral issue?

Never say never when scientists don't know everything about the disease. Never say never when diseases are known to adapt to the environment. And if you can't see where the moral issue is (pushing the stigma agenda over the health and safety of mother and child) then don't know what I can tell you.
honestly if people want to be this dumb let them. they only punish their own descendants. Ya know, I have nothing against old men on blood pressure and other health issues on a bunch of meds. I dont think they're sub human in the least. I think they should be treated the same as everyone else.

still dont want to pay for unhealthy old man sperm to father my children but that damn LOGIC gets in the way of Social Justice for me.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:37 am There are reasons for storing sperm beyond donation or sale, i.e., before a vasectomy, before undergoing treatment for an illness, using one's sperm for surrogacy, etc.
Ahead of World Aids Day, three charities have launched the world’s first sperm bank for HIV-positive donors in New Zealand, the BBC reports. The facility, called Sperm Positive, could help fight the stigma that still surrounds the illness.

Three HIV-positive men have already signed up. The men have such a low level of the virus in their blood that the illness cannot be transmitted through either S*x or reproduction, according to the BBC.

https://futurism.com/neoscope/new-zeala ... sperm-bank
Deleted User 276

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:06 pm
msb64 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:37 am There are reasons for storing sperm beyond donation or sale, i.e., before a vasectomy, before undergoing treatment for an illness, using one's sperm for surrogacy, etc.
Ahead of World Aids Day, three charities have launched the world’s first sperm bank for HIV-positive donors in New Zealand, the BBC reports. The facility, called Sperm Positive, could help fight the stigma that still surrounds the illness.

Three HIV-positive men have already signed up. The men have such a low level of the virus in their blood that the illness cannot be transmitted through either S*x or reproduction, according to the BBC.

https://futurism.com/neoscope/new-zeala ... sperm-bank
"As well as informing the public, the online clinic aims to give people diagnosed with the virus the opportunity to create life and to raise awareness that fertility services are available for them.

Sperm Positive said it will not be operating as a fertility clinic and, if a match is agreed by both parties, it will put them in touch with local fertility clinics."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... sperm-bank
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:00 am Don't these people take all sorts of medications and have weakened immune systems? Sorry, if I am PAYING for sperm it better be from a HEALTHY 6ft, fit Nordic athlete, organic diet, high IQ individual.

But if people want to pay for "stigmatized" sperm just to virtue signal that's on them.
Your athlete could have some recessive gene for God knows what. I'll take a normal guy who has a good sense of humor, is loving, kind and has good character. As for the bank and immune systems Idk Magic Johnson is doing well and has been for what, twenty five years? I remember thinking he wouldn't live this long. He got sick when it was still often a death sentence.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

None of this comes off at all as a good idea. Why in the world anyone would take the risk is just beyond me.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:09 pm
water<wine wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:00 am Don't these people take all sorts of medications and have weakened immune systems? Sorry, if I am PAYING for sperm it better be from a HEALTHY 6ft, fit Nordic athlete, organic diet, high IQ individual.

But if people want to pay for "stigmatized" sperm just to virtue signal that's on them.
Your athlete could have some recessive gene for God knows what. I'll take a normal guy who has a good sense of humor, is loving, kind and has good character. As for the bank and immune systems Idk Magic Johnson is doing well and has been for what, twenty five years? I remember thinking he wouldn't live this long. He got sick when it was still often a death sentence.
Ya, it's been just a couple years shy of 3 decades, right?
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:41 am
AllofFive19 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:05 am Moral issue? HIV positive people have already gone on to have children without the virus.
You are about 5 years behind. Do some research.
I have, thanks. It has happened and it still happens. Check the world, not just your back yard.
Locked Previous topicNext topic