World leaders caught on video mocking, laughing at Trump

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

He probably thought that because HE didn’t respect him then no one else did either. It’s another sign of pathological narcissism, to think that your opinions and feelings are universal, because they’re obviously right.
As much as I didn’t support Obama, he was certainly not the “laughingstock” of the world. And as much as I can argue against some of his policies, he certainly was presidential and had an attitude of maturity, education and decorum. Everything Trump lacks.
GMa4all wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:19 pm
Francee89 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:30 pm Because there’s always a tweet...

Since his tweet was in 2014, I assume he was saying Obama was “the laughing stock”.
It couldn’t be farther from the truth.
He was jealous of him all along.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

I’m not a Trump fan and I don’t think he should have been elected but it just doesn’t seem right to make fun of him.
He does actually invite this because of his attitude, his name calling, etc but the people making fun of him are making themselves look bad too.
Everyone seems to be hitting new lows
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

Macron raged that the video - said to be captured by freelance cameraman Andy Laurence and handed to broadcasters - had surfaced at all and refused to be pressed on the gossip which was caught on hot-mic.

The British Prime Minister pleaded ignorance when grilled by reporters about his part in the Palace gossip circle and said: 'I really don't know what is being referred to there.' Asked if he had been laughing at the President, he added: 'Complete nonsense. I don't know where that has come from.'

His Canadian counterpart, who was blasted by Trump as 'two-faced', also sought to squirm his way out of the awkwardness by insisting that they were not ridiculing the President but merely expressing surprise he chose to announce details of an upcoming G7 summit.

Trudeau said: 'We were all surprised and I think pleased to learn that the next G7 will be at Camp David. I think that was an unscheduled announcement and I think everyone's team, every different leader has teams that every now and then have their jaw drop at unscheduled surprises like that video itself for example.'

He said: 'As you all know, we have a very good and constructive relationship between me and the President.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Trump.html
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

here's what I find amusing, The left rages about Trump being a "bully", "unpresidential", and lacking diplomacy with other world leaders.

but in this case Trudeau was all of those things and yet, you love it. HYPOCRITES.

also find it funny that Trudeau was a coward and tried to squirm out of his actions/make excuses -Just like a gossiping teen girl.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Fliptopz4 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:14 am
Lemons wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:08 pm
Fliptopz4 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:36 pm

Looks like most of them.
"Defense spending among 27 NATO allies has increased consistently between 2016 and 2018, with Hungary, Norway, Romania and Turkey making some of the biggest increases."
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-n ... ng-1384655
OK, Let's go to facts and figures.

Trump lie:
Prior to last year, 2017, where I attended my first meeting, it was going down — the amount of money being spent by countries was going down and down very substantially. And now, it’s going up very substantially.
FACT: Europe and Canada increased defense spending in 2015 and 2016.

Trump misinformation:
many countries owe us a tremendous amount of money for many years back, where they’re delinquent … because the United States has had to pay for them
FACT: .Countries in the alliance that spend less than 2 percent of their GDP on their own defense are not required to pay countries that do meet the 2%. No one owes anyone any money.

In September 2014, President Obama urged NATO allies to increase spending to combat Russia’s aggression in the Ukraine and ISIS. The agreement for everyone to pay 2% was voted in.

Trump shows up almost 3 years later and tries to take credit for something that happened in 2014. Its like when the stock market goes up, he's all over it. The stock market was way down and recently reporters asked him and he claimed "I don't follow the stock market" "I follow jobs". He grabs credit where he can, even if it's stolen and runs from failures, even when they are his.
Why did Obama have to get them to recommit to paying? Because they were not paying, and when Trump came along they still were not paying.
To be a member of NATO you pledge to pay a certain amount , that's always been the way . No One was suppose to get a pass on paying . Many countries were not paying and some were paying less than then the agreed upon amount. Even after Obama got them to agree again to pay a lot of countries still were not paying Then Trump said what he did and guess what more started paying . Even the man in charge of NATO credits Trump and not Obama with increased payment to NATO.
Obama didn't have to get them to do anything. All of the countries had a say equally in what to do.

Are you able to read graphs? The year 2014 they were running at a deficit. Because of this the plan was for all of the countries to pay 2% of their GDP. In 2015 their money tripled. 2016 and 2017 money went up again. 2018 money collected went down.

And you're claiming "Trump said what he said" and guess what more started paying. WTF??? The ability to think logically goes right out the window when Trump's base tries to credit Trump with something that he did not do.

What is it that you think Trump said that got everyone to "pay more"? Which countries are you talking about?
Fliptopz4
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:32 pm
Lemons wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:08 pm

OK, Let's go to facts and figures.

Trump lie:

FACT: Europe and Canada increased defense spending in 2015 and 2016.

Trump misinformation:

FACT: .Countries in the alliance that spend less than 2 percent of their GDP on their own defense are not required to pay countries that do meet the 2%. No one owes anyone any money.

In September 2014, President Obama urged NATO allies to increase spending to combat Russia’s aggression in the Ukraine and ISIS. The agreement for everyone to pay 2% was voted in.

Trump shows up almost 3 years later and tries to take credit for something that happened in 2014. Its like when the stock market goes up, he's all over it. The stock market was way down and recently reporters asked him and he claimed "I don't follow the stock market" "I follow jobs". He grabs credit where he can, even if it's stolen and runs from failures, even when they are his.
Why did Obama have to get them to recommit to paying? Because they were not paying, and when Trump came along they still were not paying.
To be a member of NATO you pledge to pay a certain amount , that's always been the way . No One was suppose to get a pass on paying . Many countries were not paying and some were paying less than then the agreed upon amount. Even after Obama got them to agree again to pay a lot of countries still were not paying Then Trump said what he did and guess what more started paying . Even the man in charge of NATO credits Trump and not Obama with increased payment to NATO.
Obama didn't have to get them to do anything. All of the countries had a say equally in what to do.

Are you able to read graphs? The year 2014 they were running at a deficit. Because of this the plan was for all of the countries to pay 2% of their GDP. In 2015 their money tripled. 2016 and 2017 money went up again. 2018 money collected went down.

And you're claiming "Trump said what he said" and guess what more started paying. WTF??? The ability to think logically goes right out the window when Trump's base tries to credit Trump with something that he did not do.

What is it that you think Trump said that got everyone to "pay more"? Which countries are you talking about?
Trump talked about pulling out of NATO, He also pointed out how ridiculous it was for the USA to pay so much for their defense from Russia while they were freely trading with Russia.

What I don't think your understanding these countries were getting a free ride or at least a very discounted one because they had never been paying what they were originally suppose to pay when joining NATO, That's why they went back and recommitted to the 2% of GDP. Why were they originally not paying ?
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Fliptopz4 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:47 pm
Lemons wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:32 pm

Trump talked about pulling out of NATO, He also pointed out how ridiculous it was for the USA to pay so much for their defense from Russia while they were freely trading with Russia.

What I don't think your understanding these countries were getting a free ride or at least a very discounted one because they had never been paying what they were originally suppose to pay when joining NATO, That's why they went back and recommitted to the 2% of GDP. Why were they originally not paying ?
I understand they solved the problem of countries getting a "free ride" in 2014. They all committed to pay 2% of their GDP in 2014. That's as fair as you can get. Some of them are poor countries and don't have a ton of extra money. You're still not anywhere near doing a good job explaining what Trump did and what exactly were the results.

Answer these questions based on your statement.

1). Trump threatened to pull out. So at that point who started paying more? What year are you talking about?

2). Trump pointed out how it was ridiculous for the US to pay so much. So what changed at the point? Who started to pay more and how much? What year?
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

morgan wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:44 pm Trudeau's own country can't stand his two-faced jackass so I find this pretty funny. :lol:
Trudeau may be two-faced, but I think we've all lost count on how many faces Trump has. Not a fan of Trudeau and I didn't vote for him, but I'd rather have him as my leader than Trump. :lol:
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:06 pm
Francee89 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:10 pm
highlandmum wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:55 pm

Liberals have no seats in Alberta. Also as a Canadian we vote for the party, and with Ontario a little jaded with Rob Ford (Trump Jr) it would have been a hard battle to for the Conservatives in Ontario. Does not matter we will be back at the poles in under a year voting for the leading party again.
Do you think they’ll run Scheer again? I can’t imagine him fairing much better in a second attempt, but Scheer’s review isn’t until April and they don’t have a lineup of particularly strong contenders to fall back on if he’s ousted or resigns either.
Not sure. He was too wrapped up in trying to bad mouth people and spent no time on the real issue. His party did not do too bad, as I said Ontario is a hard sell right now as do many are jaded by Rob Ford especially with the teacher strike looming. Rob ford may blow it for the federal Conservative party.
Oh, he definitely blew it for me. I wouldn't vote for the conservatives at all because of Ford.
Locked Previous topicNext topic