World leaders caught on video mocking, laughing at Trump

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:03 pm I stand corrected; i misread the numbers in an article i had pulled up. hazards of posting at work!

that said, he did win re-election, which makes the notion that his constituents “can’t stand him” questionable.
highlandmum wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:54 pm
moviestar wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:58 pm If they can’t stand him, why did they just re-elect him and increase his party’s representation in Parliament?
Increase? The liberals now have a minority government last term they had a majority. Mark my words Canadiens will be back at the polls by this time next year by the latest.
Liberals have no seats in Alberta. Also as a Canadian we vote for the party, and with Ontario a little jaded with Rob Ford (Trump Jr) it would have been a hard battle to for the Conservatives in Ontario. Does not matter we will be back at the poles in under a year voting for the leading party again.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:38 pm
Lemons wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:48 pm
Fliptopz4 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:34 pm

Yea I read the charter a while back and it seems to me that these countries have always been required to spend a percentage of their GDP to NATO and most have not. That's why it peeved them to be called out on it in front of the world. Some of them have tightened their belts and started paying what they are suppose to, but only because of being shamed into it.
So the story goes from Trump brought all this money into NATO to Trump "called them out" in front of the world. That's really pathetic. Everyone at the summit knows who has reached the goal so far and who hasn't. And they have until 2024 to reach the goal so each country will get there when it's best for them. Trump has nothing to do with it at all.

And who are you fooling. You believed Trump when he bragged and took credit for the 2%. Your statement that "Trump has gotten more out of them for NATO than any other president has" proves you were conned. He lied. You bought it and worse, you repeat it.
Even NATO credits Trump.
With what? Did he come up with everyone increasing their payments to 2% in 2014?

Trump was threatening to pull out of NATO after talking to Putin. NATO needs America. By now everyone knows in order to get anything you want from Trump you praise him. Like a two year old. So NATO praised Trump for being a big mouth and bill collector and claiming that was the reason more money has come in.

Or was it the commitment they all made in 2014 to pay 2% of their GDP? Think logically. The money going into NATO was decreasing over the years. In 2014 the countries came up with a plan that every country needs to pay more so they all agreed to pay 2% of their GDP by 2024. As more countries push to meet this goal, more money is coming in.

Are we saying that if Trump hadn't been elected in 2016 then everyone would just ignore what they agreed to? Does that make sense? Do other leaders give a shit what Trump thinks? Or do they see him as a clown and laugh at him?
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

if he’s so unpopular why weren’t you at the polls this time? trump’s unpopularity led to massive turnout on the left in 2018. based on last year’s numbers vs this year’s, seems like more of the people who stayed home were those who would have supported, not opposed Trudeau.
highlandmum wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:55 pm
moviestar wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:03 pm I stand corrected; i misread the numbers in an article i had pulled up. hazards of posting at work!

that said, he did win re-election, which makes the notion that his constituents “can’t stand him” questionable.

Increase? The liberals now have a minority government last term they had a majority. Mark my words Canadiens will be back at the polls by this time next year by the latest.
Liberals have no seats in Alberta. Also as a Canadian we vote for the party, and with Ontario a little jaded with Rob Ford (Trump Jr) it would have been a hard battle to for the Conservatives in Ontario. Does not matter we will be back at the poles in under a year voting for the leading party again.
Fliptopz4
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:58 pm

You people really are the stereotypes of Trump's base. You don't fact check a thing.

Right now the countries that meet that 2% are the United States, Greece, Estonia, United Kingdom and Latvia. They still have 4 more years and more are meeting the goal every year.

Do any of you read the news??????????
Yea I read the charter a while back and it seems to me that these countries have always been required to spend a percentage of their GDP to NATO and most have not. That's why it peeved them to be called out on it in front of the world. Some of them have tightened their belts and started paying what they are suppose to, but only because of being shamed into it.
So the story goes from Trump brought all this money into NATO to Trump "called them out" in front of the world. That's really pathetic. Everyone at the summit knows who has reached the goal so far and who hasn't. And they have until 2024 to reach the goal so each country will get there when it's best for them. Trump has nothing to do with it at all.

And who are you fooling. You believed Trump when he bragged and took credit for the 2%. Your statement that "Trump has gotten more out of them for NATO than any other president has" proves you were conned. He lied. You bought it and worse, you repeat it.
What your not understanding is these countries should have been paying a percentage of their GDP since joining NATO. Giving them til 2024 was silly since they should have been paying the entire time, which most had not been and that was why Trump had a problem with them.
He should get credit for turning things around . NATO gives him credit.
Just because you don't like him doesn't mean you should lie about him.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/wor ... 695799002/
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:55 pm

Do you think they’ll run Scheer again? I can’t imagine him fairing much better in a second attempt, but Scheer’s review isn’t until April and they don’t have a lineup of particularly strong contenders to fall back on if he’s ousted or resigns either.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I don't think this really makes Macron, Trudeau, or Johnson look.....good...per se, either.

It's like sitting back and observing a bunch of kids...all of them, including Trump...and it leaves me personally (and literally) SMH @ all of it from their "overheard" conversation to Trump's reaction.

These people all run countries, too.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Fliptopz4 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:08 pm

What your not understanding is these countries should have been paying a percentage of their GDP since joining NATO. Giving them til 2024 was silly since they should have been paying the entire time, which most had not been and that was why Trump had a problem with them.
Fact is they settled the problem in 2014 without Trump. Countries, like people, need to budget added expenses. Of course you need to give some countries more time. Some didn’t need more time. Some did. Some are probably stalling.

I don’t like liars. I understand the guy credited him like Trump was some kind of mafia strong man collecting debts. But he did not have anything to do with everyone now paying their fair share.

What the f**k did he turn around? What policy is now in place because of him?
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:14 pm I don't think this really makes Macron, Trudeau, or Johnson look.....good...per se, either.

It's like sitting back and observing a bunch of kids...all of them, including Trump...and it leaves me personally (and literally) SMH @ all of it from their "overheard" conversation to Trump's reaction.

They are human and need to blow off steam. I’m sure every leader who has ever met Trump has had a laugh at his expense. They just didn’t get caught.
Fliptopz4
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:35 pm
Fliptopz4 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:08 pm

Fact is they settled the problem in 2014 without Trump. Countries, like people, need to budget added expenses. Of course you need to give some countries more time. Some didn’t need more time. Some did. Some are probably stalling.

I don’t like liars. I understand the guy credited him like Trump was some kind of mafia strong man collecting debts. But he did not have anything to do with everyone now paying their fair share.

What the f**k did he turn around? What policy is now in place because of him?
Why was there a problem to settle in 2014? Each country upon joining NATO should have been ready to pay the agreed upon amount. They didn't and some of them never have and never will.
Trump had every thing to do with the increase in the countries that did pay up. The threat that America would pull out of NATO was enough to make them start paying more. He pointed out that the USA was paying to protect them from Russia while they were buying gas from her. Why should we do that? Why should Americans safeguard their countries while they were not paying for their own security and trading with Russia on goods America made?
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:36 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:14 pm I don't think this really makes Macron, Trudeau, or Johnson look.....good...per se, either.

They are human and need to blow off steam. I’m sure every leader who has ever met Trump has had a laugh at his expense. They just didn’t get caught.
Let's turn those tables a bit....we've all seen Trump mock other world leaders, politicians, celebrities, and so on.

And I've read here the opinions of a few who found this to be distasteful, wrong, crass, crude, etc., etc. Honestly, they're right.

Again, we're talking world leaders of which--and much to the frustration of many--President Trump is presently one. So then, is he too, blowing off steam when he does it?
Locked Previous topicNext topic