World leaders caught on video mocking, laughing at Trump

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

Perfect!
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:41 am I agree. Politicians are human and their private conversations are obviously less formal and probably more honest. I’m sure many private conversations between politicians have fallen in the category of mocking or criticizing a colleague. Remember a few years back, Obama was having what he thought was a private conversation with Sarkozy and they started blasting Netanyahu like a couple of gossip girls. They didn’t know their microphones were turned on and it was broadcasted to all the reporters sitting in the next room. Talk about embarrassing! 😂
Trump has a history with clashing with those leaders involved in this incident. If he hasn’t showed respect for any of them, they really have no reason to respect him.

And on a side nite, I found the comments by late night hosts hilarious:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/05/arts ... trump.html

“Yeah, it’s like Trump was at a sleepover and all the other kids turned on him, you know, and now he’s just there like, ‘Mom, I know it’s a day early, but can you come pick me up from NATO?’” — TREVOR NOAH

“Mr. President, you shouldn’t be in a place where people are going to laugh at you behind your back. You get on Air Force One and you fly straight back home, where we promise that we will laugh at you to your face.” — TREVOR NOAH

“He was like, ‘Take me back to where I’m respected’ and then flew home to where he’s being impeached.” — JIMMY FALLON

“Trump is like, ‘If you are going to trash somebody, do it like a man. You know, at 3 a.m. on Twitter.’” — JAMES CORDEN

🤣😂🤣😂🤣
MonarchMom wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:27 am In my opinion this video should not have been broadcast. It was a personal conversation, not a public statement. People - even world leaders - should have the right to speak amongst themselves without everything being filmed and broadcast. It is not "newsworthy" and does nothing but increase tension and inhibit productive negotiations.

I do understand this indicates a change in how other countries perceive POTUS and the US, and not for the better. There is a decline in respect and communication. But I'd rather people make statements on the record than be subject to what is essentially eavesdropping tactics.
Locked Previous topicNext topic