CLASSY: Impeachment witness jokes about Barron Trump’s name

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Conservatives are the worst at fake outrage. No concern about minors being off limits when the Parkland kids began to speak out and were insulted and attacked. No concern about minors when a young climate activist is slandered. No concern when minors die in our custody. But this. Oh my god. Such outrage.

Still waiting on the explanation as to why this is an insult. You guys are embarrassing yourselves with this.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:38 am Conservatives are the worst at fake outrage. No concern about minors being off limits when the Parkland kids began to speak out and were insulted and attacked. No concern about minors when a young climate activist is slandered. No concern when minors die in our custody. But this. Oh my god. Such outrage.

Still waiting on the explanation as to why this is an insult. You guys are embarrassing yourselves with this.
Totally agree. Babies and toddlers have been separated from their parents. Children are sleeping on floors without being able to bathe. But using the name of a public figure's son to make a metaphor is the outrage?

The extreme reactions on Twitter (and here) are useful to let us see who is concerned about real issues and who is trying to create division.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:24 pm “The wisecrack drew a strongly-worded clapback from Trump’s 2020 campaign.“

Lol, because the Trump campaign and Trump supporters are really in any position to lecture others on politeness, civility and behaving in a non-insulting manner.
All things aside, it’s a 13 year old child. How can you dismiss Making snide remarks about a 13 year old child?
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:33 pm
Francee89 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:39 pm
morgan wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:28 pm

Surprising.

So, if you behave badly, it's totally cool for me to make fun of your kid. LOL noted.
Nope, didn’t say that, just saying it’s rich that people totally cool with a man who regularly behaves in an outright insulting, impolite and uncivil manner are pretending to clutch their pearls because someone used the President’s kid’s name as a homophone. And how was it “making fun of his kid”? If I knew someone terrible at gardening and said “you can name your daughter Rose but that doesn’t make you a florist”, that’s not making fun of their kid.

Say, did Kaleigh or Melania have anything to say about their Bastion of Politeness Candidate/Husband tweet-mocking a teenager? LOL nope.

Mmmm...not a good comparison. That child (her parents) willingly put herself in that position, out front and lecturing adults.
My thoughts exactly. This is a teen who put herself out there in politics. Just like that David Hogg kid screaming about guns. If you said anything about him you got criticized for saying something about a kid. Now that he is older you hardly hear about him. These teens are pawns to push their agenda. Barron is out of the spotlight and doesn’t put himself out there and isn’t demanding to be treated like an adult in adult conversations.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:03 pm
Francee89 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:24 pm “The wisecrack drew a strongly-worded clapback from Trump’s 2020 campaign.“

Lol, because the Trump campaign and Trump supporters are really in any position to lecture others on politeness, civility and behaving in a non-insulting manner.
All things aside, it’s a 13 year old child. How can you dismiss Making snide remarks about a 13 year old child?
How was the remark "snide" about Barron? She made a remark about his parent's not being able to appoint their son with the status of nobility, as can be done by Royal lineage. She didn't say anything about the boy at all.

"The Constitution says there can be no titles of nobility. So while the president can name his son Barron, he can't make him a baron."
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

morgan wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:50 pm
morgan wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:28 pm

Surprising.

So, if you behave badly, it's totally cool for me to make fun of your kid. LOL noted.
Nope, didn’t say that, just saying it’s rich that people totally cool with a man who regularly behaves in an outright insulting, impolite and uncivil manner are pretending to clutch their pearls because someone used the President’s kid’s name as a homophone. And how was it “making fun of his kid”? If I knew someone terrible at gardening and said “you can name your daughter Rose but that doesn’t make you a florist”, that’s not making fun of their kid.

Say, did Kaleigh or Melania have anything to say about their Bastion of Politeness Candidate/Husband tweet-mocking a teenager? LOL nope.

NO way. Greta was IN it. She was placed there politically and she screamed at adult world leaders and demanded to be treated as an adult.

Barron has NOTHING to do with this.

Pathetic France. Really. I thought you were at least a little better than this.

BE BEST!!!
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:56 pm
moviestar wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:48 pm IOW it’s okay for adults to mock children as long as you agree with the mockery...

Mmmm...not a good comparison. That child (her parents) willingly put herself in that position, out front and lecturing adults.
I think when you put yourself in the public eye, you have to expect criticism. Hollywood, musicians, activists - if you want the notoriety, you have to accept the negative that goes with that.
Did Trump not put his family in the public eye?
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:52 pm
morgan wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:50 pm

NO way. Greta was IN it. She was placed there politically and she screamed at adult world leaders and demanded to be treated as an adult.

Barron has NOTHING to do with this.

Pathetic France. Really. I thought you were at least a little better than this.

She isn't
I disagree. Francee is one of the best debaters here.
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:35 pm

My thoughts exactly. This is a teen who put herself out there in politics. Just like that David Hogg kid screaming about guns. If you said anything about him you got criticized for saying something about a kid. Now that he is older you hardly hear about him. These teens are pawns to push their agenda. Barron is out of the spotlight and doesn’t put himself out there and isn’t demanding to be treated like an adult in adult conversations.
David Hogg was 17 whet the murders at Parkland happened. He turned 18 in April of the same year. What if he was 19? Is that still talking shit about a "child"?
306/232

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:16 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:56 pm
moviestar wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:48 pm IOW it’s okay for adults to mock children as long as you agree with the mockery...
I think when you put yourself in the public eye, you have to expect criticism. Hollywood, musicians, activists - if you want the notoriety, you have to accept the negative that goes with that.
Did Trump not put his family in the public eye?
The President chooses this. The family just gets dragged into it whether they like it or not.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic