CLASSY: Impeachment witness jokes about Barron Trump’s name

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:56 pm
moviestar wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:48 pm IOW it’s okay for adults to mock children as long as you agree with the mockery...
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:33 pm

Mmmm...not a good comparison. That child (her parents) willingly put herself in that position, out front and lecturing adults.
I think when you put yourself in the public eye, you have to expect criticism. Hollywood, musicians, activists - if you want the notoriety, you have to accept the negative that goes with that.
Why would personal mockery of a child be acceptable simply because someone doesn’t like the political ideas they’re espousing? It’s not that hard to refute their ideas without attacking them.

It’s the height of hypocrisy for them to clutch their pearls at someone simply saying Barron’s name while staying totally silent on their boss/husband explicitly making fun of another child simply because she’s politically active.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

the double standards never end.
Francee89 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:07 pm
moviestar wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:50 pm remember that time trump told a bunch of little kids how much he hated their parents? remember how conservatives were totally fine with that?

And lord, let’s not even talk about the ceaseless right wing attacks on the Obama girls when (and after) their father was in office.
Francee89 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:38 pm

How is it not a good comparison? If attacking children is wrong, why not refute her ideas, rather than mocking and insulting her personally? Melania met with Kyle Kasuv, a conservative Parkland survivor, so she presumably is okay with teen activism - why is that the arbitrary line where “child bashing” becomes something she’s silent on?

Who are they to lecture others on politeness, civility and good behavior when they ignore it constantly from their boss/husband? Seems quite disingenuous for them to fly off the handle at the mere mention of Barron’s name (with no attack towards him personally whatsoever) while staying radio silent at the explicit mocking of someone only two years older than him.
Here’s Melania’s husband golfing with someone who called a 12 year old Chelsea Clinton the “White House dog”.

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh, but you do know that the name “Barron” came from Trump’s well known use of fake names to boost his popularity, right? So it seems Trump was the first one to poke some fun at his son’s name... like the POS he is.

https://fortune.com/2016/05/18/donald-trump-fake-names/

“Trump’s use of fake names is far more extensive than most people realize. For more than a decade – 1980 to 1991 — Trump used phony names to promote himself. I know from my work as Trump’s biographer that even prior to the John Miller episode, Trump had posed as John Baron (or Barron)”

Oh my... Trump named his kid after a fake persona he made in order to lure the press into printing more positive stories about him! Poor kiddo... a pawn before he could poop willingly.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:56 pm
moviestar wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:48 pm IOW it’s okay for adults to mock children as long as you agree with the mockery...
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:33 pm

Mmmm...not a good comparison. That child (her parents) willingly put herself in that position, out front and lecturing adults.
I think when you put yourself in the public eye, you have to expect criticism. Hollywood, musicians, activists - if you want the notoriety, you have to accept the negative that goes with that.
Good. No more complaints about Trump and negative press and "haters".
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

morgan wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:50 pm
Francee89 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:39 pm
morgan wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:28 pm

Surprising.

So, if you behave badly, it's totally cool for me to make fun of your kid. LOL noted.
Nope, didn’t say that, just saying it’s rich that people totally cool with a man who regularly behaves in an outright insulting, impolite and uncivil manner are pretending to clutch their pearls because someone used the President’s kid’s name as a homophone. And how was it “making fun of his kid”? If I knew someone terrible at gardening and said “you can name your daughter Rose but that doesn’t make you a florist”, that’s not making fun of their kid.

Say, did Kaleigh or Melania have anything to say about their Bastion of Politeness Candidate/Husband tweet-mocking a teenager? LOL nope.

NO way. Greta was IN it. She was placed there politically and she screamed at adult world leaders and demanded to be treated as an adult.

Barron has NOTHING to do with this.

Pathetic France. Really. I thought you were at least a little better than this.

She isn't
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What exactly is the insult here.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:52 pm
morgan wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:50 pm
Francee89 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:39 pm

Nope, didn’t say that, just saying it’s rich that people totally cool with a man who regularly behaves in an outright insulting, impolite and uncivil manner are pretending to clutch their pearls because someone used the President’s kid’s name as a homophone. And how was it “making fun of his kid”? If I knew someone terrible at gardening and said “you can name your daughter Rose but that doesn’t make you a florist”, that’s not making fun of their kid.

Say, did Kaleigh or Melania have anything to say about their Bastion of Politeness Candidate/Husband tweet-mocking a teenager? LOL nope.

NO way. Greta was IN it. She was placed there politically and she screamed at adult world leaders and demanded to be treated as an adult.

Barron has NOTHING to do with this.

Pathetic France. Really. I thought you were at least a little better than this.

She isn't
Lol, #BeBest! But an unprovoked insult is certainly exemplary of my first post here - an example of that world-famous Trump supporter civility, politeness and non-insulting behavior.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Conservatives are certainly milking Barron for political gain.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

She's apologized as she should.

I think her joke, depending on how *you* are viewing this entire impeachment inquiry process, can be seen as something simple or something major.

IMO, it's much ado about nothing. There's a lot of stress involved in sitting there being scrutinized and questioned during these hearings, at times, for hours. Things are getting even more heated because Washington seems to be at an even bigger standstill due to all of this.

This is not a bipartisan effort or process so there's a lot of picking of sides and nitpicking of words.

THIS should be the least of the worries of anyone.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:59 pm Conservatives are certainly milking Barron for political gain.
Seriously - this would have gotten absolutely no attention had Melania (ahem, Stephanie Grisham) not tweeted about it, and had the Trump campaign not begun to send fundraising emails regarding it.

But again, it’s easier to say “loooook how mean they are, saying Barron’s name!!!!” than to discuss any of the merits here.
Locked Previous topicNext topic