'Communities' that don't show law enforcement more respect may lose 'police protection'

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:54 pm Some actually think the police should be disbanded. The wild west will seem tame if there is less law enforcement, or none at all. But a ton of people aren't bothering to think about that because it doesn't fit the narrative.
Hope you carry.
KAG
Mean Girl
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

morgan wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:07 pm
wildflowers25 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:54 pm Some actually think the police should be disbanded. The wild west will seem tame if there is less law enforcement, or none at all. But a ton of people aren't bothering to think about that because it doesn't fit the narrative.
Hope you carry.
If it gets to that point, probably have to.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

What does that even mean? What communities is he talking about? And seriously, he sounds like a mob boss.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

It's a bullying gesture on his part and one I don't agree with at all.

I agree that many in law enforcement are disrespected and treated at times, horribly, even to the point of harassment.

However, that does not excuse the behavior of so many law enforcement officers who've bullied, abused, physically hurt innocent people either.

Barr is completely wrong here.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I've long had the concern that we're going to see a sharp drop off in people willing to join the force. I didn't get from Barr's comment at all that he was levying some kind of threat. My thought was that he was speaking in reference to a shortage of officers.

There are many places where the police are disrespected, get the whole "f**k the police", but then they're called and the same residents complain they don't get there fast enough. I've seen an increase in these punky kids thinking they're wise and giving the police an intentional hard time - won't produce a driver's license, won't comply with simple requests and keep reiterating "I know my rights, stopping and videoing police interactions with strangers. It's not minorities either. It's mostly smart ass white kids and adults from what I've seen. The videos are all over YouTube.

At a certain point, being harassed and disrespected all of the time is going to get tiresome. I can see people not being motivated to join the force at all soon.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:44 pm I've long had the concern that we're going to see a sharp drop off in people willing to join the force. I didn't get from Barr's comment at all that he was levying some kind of threat. My thought was that he was speaking in reference to a shortage of officers.

There are many places where the police are disrespected, get the whole "f**k the police", but then they're called and the same residents complain they don't get there fast enough. I've seen an increase in these punky kids thinking they're wise and giving the police an intentional hard time - won't produce a driver's license, won't comply with simple requests and keep reiterating "I know my rights, stopping and videoing police interactions with strangers. It's not minorities either. It's mostly smart ass white kids and adults from what I've seen. The videos are all over YouTube.

At a certain point, being harassed and disrespected all of the time is going to get tiresome. I can see people not being motivated to join the force at all soon.
They’re exercising their rights

What’s wrong with that?

The police work for us we don’t work for them

It’s crazy that people would rather give up their rights to a gang of brothers in blue

Downing someone for knowing and exercising their rights is the same as shutting down someone exercising their right to freedom of speech or right to bear arms

There’s a reason why there are multiple amendments related to the law in the constitution

Funny how some are fine with giving up those rights but have complete bitch fits when other rights are questioned
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AuntFlo wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:01 am
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:44 pm I've long had the concern that we're going to see a sharp drop off in people willing to join the force. I didn't get from Barr's comment at all that he was levying some kind of threat. My thought was that he was speaking in reference to a shortage of officers.

What’s wrong with that?

It’s crazy that people would rather give up their rights to a gang of brothers in blue

Downing someone for knowing and exercising their rights is the same as shutting down someone exercising their right to freedom of speech or right to bear arms

There’s a reason why there are multiple amendments related to the law in the constitution

Funny how some are fine with giving up those rights but have complete bitch fits when other rights are questioned
I don't count complying with a simple request to be a violation of rights - they ask for a driver's license, ask you where you're coming from, etc. If you're not doing anything wrong, what are you hiding?

Police are charged with serving and protecting. They have no idea who anyone is or what they're walking up on. Bundy was caught and taken off the streets because of a simple traffic stop.

I was raised that you respect the work they're doing and respond with common courtesy. This constant protesting and division among everyone and being obstinate for obstinance sake isn't necessary.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:13 am
AuntFlo wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:01 am

What’s wrong with that?

I don't count complying with a simple request to be a violation of rights - they ask for a driver's license, ask you where you're coming from, etc. If you're not doing anything wrong, what are you hiding?

Police are charged with serving and protecting. They have no idea who anyone is or what they're walking up on. Bundy was caught and taken off the streets because of a simple traffic stop.

I was raised that you respect the work they're doing and respond with common courtesy. This constant protesting and division among everyone and being obstinate for obstinance sake isn't necessary.
You would be wrong but that’s not surprising most people don’t bother learning their rights

You don’t have to and shouldn’t show a police officer an ID unless the officer can articulate a crime that he suspects you to have done or will do.

If you want a police state then move to another country. In the USA we have rights and don’t have to be harassed by power abusing cops

Brush up on your 4th, 5th, and 6th amendments and the states that have stop and identify laws

I have more than a few police officers in my family. One reported a power abusing brother who planted evidence to up his arrests

These were innocent people who threw away their rights

Guess what happened... an “internal investigation” where they asked his buddy’s if it was true

They didn’t have body cams back then and the cop in my family was bullied relentlessly for breaking cop code

Then he was transferred for his own protection. The investigation showed nothing and those innocent people have records

Don’t give up your rights because you were raised to respect police officers

That’s like turning in your gun because the sheriff asked nicely 😂
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

In police departments all across the country there are shortages of officers on the forces. In ABQ, last count was they were short close to 300. What Barr is saying, may fulfill itself without anything being done, as officers either retire or quit. I imagine, if you look at the departments in your area, you will find there are shortages in those departments, as well. Police officers work long hours, with low pay, sometimes, and get shit on by people. Sure, there are bad apples, but that it isn’t the entire basket.
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:32 am In police departments all across the country there are shortages of officers on the forces. In ABQ, last count was they were short close to 300. What Barr is saying, may fulfill itself without anything being done, as officers either retire or quit. I imagine, if you look at the departments in your area, you will find there are shortages in those departments, as well. Police officers work long hours, with low pay, sometimes, and get shit on by people. Sure, there are bad apples, but that it isn’t the entire basket.
Our department is full

I also know there’s people waiting for an opening

Maybe in NYC and California there’s a shortage but that’s not representative of the entire US

Shit there isn’t a single opening on the city’s department website
Locked Previous topicNext topic