Medical professionals: Trumps mental condition deteriorating rapidly

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why not? It’s based on his behavior, and as someone already said, no one’s editing his Twitter rants or his personal appearances.
Sometimes you don’t need to actually meet a person face to face to realize he’s mentally unstable, it’s so in-your-face obvious. His actions speak loud and clear. Wouldn’t you qualify Hitler as a psychopath just based on his actions? How about all those mass shooters? Do you refrain yourself from questioning their mental health because you haven’t met them personally?
Please just tell me... do you honestly think that tweeting a photoshopped picture of himself with the body of Rocky- without as so much as an explanation for it- is something a mature, stable and competent President does? A frat boy playing a joke? Sure. But the POTUS?!?!! I mean... if Angela Merkel posted in her Twitter a photoshopped picture of her head on top of Wonder Woman’s body we would ALL be questioning her sanity, right?
AZLizardLady wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:53 pm Being that these "medical professionals" have never seen Trump as a patient, is their diagnosis really to be trusted?

Come on now.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Fliptopz4
Countess
Countess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:49 pm
GMa4all wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:45 pm
Fliptopz4 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:36 pm Can anyone take seriously the comments of so called professionals that diagnose someone they have never met or examined? The only thing they know about Trump is what the media edits to show him in the worst possible light.
Can we take seriously someone who has never met Trump and does not have a degree in psychiatry?
Nope.
So you are saying we should not take your opinions about President Trump seriously? Glad you’re finally admitting it. Don’t worry about it though, I don’t think many of us ever have.
I'm not claiming to be a medical professional, rendering a diagnoses on someone I've never met
Deleted User 203

Unread post

A true medical professional worth their over-the-top fees will know better than to diagnose as it appears to be the intent in this particular article that the OP has linked.

Let's be honest here---if there are going to be behavioral health Dx's thrown around by medical professionals, let's start with Washington politicians in general.

That could be fun, no? ;)

An opinion is one thing, which I believe these medical professionals have given, and which it supports the sentiments of quite a few here in this group....that Trump is a fruit cake who's mentally incompetent and will start drooling some time in the near future from unstable thoughts (MY interpretation from what I read).

Again, opinion.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:55 pm Why not? It’s based on his behavior, and as someone already said, no one’s editing his Twitter rants or his personal appearances.
Sometimes you don’t need to actually meet a person face to face to realize he’s mentally unstable. His actions speak loud and clear. Wouldn’t you qualify Hitler as a psychopath just based on his actions? How about all those mass shooters? Do you refrain yourself from questioning their mental health because you haven’t met them personally?
AZLizardLady wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:53 pm Being that these "medical professionals" have never seen Trump as a patient, is their diagnosis really to be trusted?

Come on now.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

So years ago when I was a teenager, I started getting this weird rash on my face and hands. My mom took me in to have it looked at and the Dr. walked into the room, looked at me once and immediately said “you’re allergic to mango peel.” Not “that’s an allergic reaction” or even “you’re allergic to mangoes,” just straight “you’re allergic to mango peel.” my mom didn’t believe him and made him order a skin allergy test, and sure as shit, it turns out I am in fact allergic to mango peel. I can eat mangoes all day long, and i do, but if i touch the peel that damn rash pops back up.

Sometimes the signs of a problem are so unique and unmistakably clear that a good doctor can recognize them without a full examination.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

But here’s the thing: no one is throwing a diagnosis. All that’s being said is that his state of mind seems troublesome. And just like an MD seeing something as simple as a yellowish tint in someone’s eyes means that “there’s something wrong with this man’s liver” even if he doesn’t know the guy or has all his medical history. That doctor may not be able to tell if it’s liver cancer or cirrhosis, but he knows something is definitely wrong with that liver from a casual glance. So can a mental health professional see warning signs on a person based on their behavior.
AZLizardLady wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:09 pm A true medical professional worth their over-the-top fees will know better than to diagnose as it appears to be the intent in this particular article that the OP has linked.

Let's be honest here---if there are going to be behavioral health Dx's thrown around by medical professionals, let's start with Washington politicians in general.

An opinion is one thing, which I believe these medical professionals have given, and which it supports the sentiments of quite a few here in this group....that Trump is a fruit cake who's mentally incompetent and will start drooling some time in the near future from unstable thoughts (MY interpretation from what I read).

Again, opinion.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:55 pm Why not? It’s based on his behavior, and as someone already said, no one’s editing his Twitter rants or his personal appearances.
Sometimes you don’t need to actually meet a person face to face to realize he’s mentally unstable. His actions speak loud and clear. Wouldn’t you qualify Hitler as a psychopath just based on his actions? How about all those mass shooters? Do you refrain yourself from questioning their mental health because you haven’t met them personally?

Come on now.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:19 pm But here’s the thing: no one is throwing a diagnosis. All that’s being said is that his state of mind seems troublesome. And just like an MD seeing something as simple as a yellowish tint on someone’s eyes to say “there’s something wrong with this man’s liver” even if he doesn’t know the guy or has all his medical history. That doctor may not be able to tell if it’s liver cancer or cirrhosis, but he knows something is definitely wrong with that liver from a casual glance. So can a mental health professional see warning signs on a person based on their behavior.
AZLizardLady wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:09 pm A true medical professional worth their over-the-top fees will know better than to diagnose as it appears to be the intent in this particular article that the OP has linked.

Again, opinion.

This.

And to add, there is an incredible amount of written tweets, videos, and transcripts over the course of years to review and make a determination.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And even if one wants to doubt the assessment of mental health professionals... let’s be honest here. Even if not pathological, can we honestly say Trump’s behavior is consistent with his role as the POTUS? Is his behavior something Americans can be proud of? Is it a mature, centered, intelligent behavior? As I said, if Angela Merkel posted a picture of her head in Wonder Woman’s body, wouldn’t we be questioning her sanity or at least her maturity and competence to lead a first world county?
msb64 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:27 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:19 pm But here’s the thing: no one is throwing a diagnosis. All that’s being said is that his state of mind seems troublesome. And just like an MD seeing something as simple as a yellowish tint on someone’s eyes to say “there’s something wrong with this man’s liver” even if he doesn’t know the guy or has all his medical history. That doctor may not be able to tell if it’s liver cancer or cirrhosis, but he knows something is definitely wrong with that liver from a casual glance. So can a mental health professional see warning signs on a person based on their behavior.

Again, opinion.

This.

And to add, there is an incredible amount of written tweets, videos, and transcripts over the course of years to review and make a determination.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

I agree!
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:19 pm But here’s the thing: no one is throwing a diagnosis. All that’s being said is that his state of mind seems troublesome. And just like an MD seeing something as simple as a yellowish tint in someone’s eyes means that “there’s something wrong with this man’s liver” even if he doesn’t know the guy or has all his medical history. That doctor may not be able to tell if it’s liver cancer or cirrhosis, but he knows something is definitely wrong with that liver from a casual glance. So can a mental health professional see warning signs on a person based on their behavior.

Again, opinion.

DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Fliptopz4 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:01 pm
DSamuels wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:49 pm
GMa4all wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:45 pm

Can we take seriously someone who has never met Trump and does not have a degree in psychiatry?
Nope.
So you are saying we should not take your opinions about President Trump seriously? Glad you’re finally admitting it. Don’t worry about it though, I don’t think many of us ever have.
I'm not claiming to be a medical professional, rendering a diagnoses on someone I've never met
Actually, I was talking to libby, not you. She’s never met President Trump and doesn’t have a degree in psychiatry, so by her own admission we shouldn’t take any of her comments about President Trump seriously. 😀
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Deleted User 203

Unread post

They're doing a wee bit more than that. They're offering themselves as some sort of medical professional witnesses for the impeachment inquiry, which places their assessment beyond opinion for them.

In an inquiry for impeachment that is attempting to rely on fact and what "people in the room" have seen and heard, one would hope that the Democrats pursuing this impeachment inquiry would wish to have the ACTUAL medical professionals who've seen President Trump and have not simply opined about his mental health based on their expertise.

As for the yellowing of the eyes, yes, the liver could be a culprit.

But so could the pancreas.

So could allergies....anemia.....dehydration....cataracts.

So the doctor who is relying on a "casual glance" to diagnose would not be, IMO and co-pays I'd pay, a doctor I'd personally want to see. Kwim?

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:19 pm But here’s the thing: no one is throwing a diagnosis. All that’s being said is that his state of mind seems troublesome. And just like an MD seeing something as simple as a yellowish tint in someone’s eyes means that “there’s something wrong with this man’s liver” even if he doesn’t know the guy or has all his medical history. That doctor may not be able to tell if it’s liver cancer or cirrhosis, but he knows something is definitely wrong with that liver from a casual glance. So can a mental health professional see warning signs on a person based on their behavior.

Again, opinion.

Locked Previous topicNext topic