Medical professionals: Trumps mental condition deteriorating rapidly

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Historians “diagnose” world leaders and serial killers all the time. A doctor in the 60’s diagnosed Lincoln as probably having Marfan’s Syndrome based on his physical features. He was also thought to suffer from depression.

Joseph Stalin is thought to have suffered from narcissistic personality disorder, paranoid personality disorder and manic depression.

Hitler also, if he saw a doctor these days, would be diagnosed with narcissistic personality and paranoid personality disorder like Stalin.

These people live their lives in the public with every move and every word recorded. It’s not all that difficult to see certain traits.
Fliptopz4
Countess
Countess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:00 pm
Fliptopz4 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:01 pm
DSamuels wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:49 pm

So you are saying we should not take your opinions about President Trump seriously? Glad you’re finally admitting it. Don’t worry about it though, I don’t think many of us ever have.
I'm not claiming to be a medical professional, rendering a diagnoses on someone I've never met
Actually, I was talking to libby, not you. She’s never met President Trump and doesn’t have a degree in psychiatry, so by her own admission we shouldn’t take any of her comments about President Trump seriously. 😀
Sorry, I didn't mean to butt in.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Fliptopz4 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:16 pm
DSamuels wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:00 pm
Fliptopz4 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:01 pm

I'm not claiming to be a medical professional, rendering a diagnoses on someone I've never met
Actually, I was talking to libby, not you. She’s never met President Trump and doesn’t have a degree in psychiatry, so by her own admission we shouldn’t take any of her comments about President Trump seriously. 😀
Sorry, I didn't mean to butt in.
Oh, not a problem! I just didn’t want you to think I thought that you would diagnose someone.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

GMa4all wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:12 pm
Fliptopz4 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:37 pm
GMa4all wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:45 pm

Can we take seriously someone who has never met Trump and does not have a degree in psychiatry?
Nope.
But a degreed medical professional has access to videos and interview on TV and videos online that can easily indicate a person’s mental state.
I think you’re using wishful thinking.
Good luck.
Their degrees are worthless if this is how they diagnose people. With edited interviews and youtube videos.
And you’re a degreed professional with experience so you know this for a fact?
I think these psychiatrists know more that you do and I trust them.
You trust someone to diagnose someone they have never met? Wow!
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Who all diagnoses some celebrities as "off"?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And yet you don’t answer my question... if Angela Merkel posted in her Twitter a picture of her head photoshopped on Wonder Woman’s body, would you wonder as to her mental capacity to be an adequate world leader? Be honest with yourself, if ANY other world leader did half the things Trump does, like the Sharpie incident, the constant glorifying of himself and putting down of others, the mindless twittering, wouldn’t you think “man, that dude is seriously unhinged!”? Now, if there had been one or two weird incidents then it would be premature to talk about a possible mental condition. But Trump has a pattern of behavior going back decades that point to certain issues that could make him an inadequate leader.

Now, if they’re going to talk about a specific diagnosis, then yes. They should do a proper analysis of Trump. But if they’re being asked if- in their professional opinion- they see signs of a mental instability in Trump’s behavior, then they can perfectly well make that assessment and reach an opinion based on the BEHAVIOR alone. Seriously, you don’t need to be Freud to realize that Trump has a serious pathological narcissism, for example. His BEHAVIOR over decades is very clear. Now, if you want to go deeper to see where it comes from, to explain it then yes, you need to talk to Trump. But to realize that he has serious issues with narcissism I don’t need to chat with him about his childhood traumas.

Doctors are more educated than you may think. As I said on a PP, my pediatrician diagnosed my son with rosacea over the phone. And he was spot on. Because of his knowledge and experience he could tell this was the case just based on my description of the symptoms. Now, if Trump would consent to a psychiatric evaluation to determine an actual diagnosis and prove all of us wrong, then so be it. He doesn’t. So we have to make do with the expert assessment of professionals made on the basis of his behavior throughout the years.

So you didn’t like my jaundice example. Fine, let’s paraphrase it. A doctor sees a jaundiced man. Maybe he can’t tell you exactly what’s wrong with him, but he can definitely tell you that there is something wrong with him. And he can even go as far as telling you that it’s probably a liver issue. Obviously in order to tell you exactly what’s wrong and why, you need further evaluation. In that same way, a mental health professional can look at Trump’s behavior (and I seriously doubt that for an actual legal procedure they’re using anything less than proven behavior) and tell you whether there’s something wrong or not. They may not be able to tell you beyond theory why Trump has this mental issue, but they can certainly show how those behaviors point to that issue. Again, if Trump wishes to refute that, then he should allow himself to be psychologically tested.
AZLizardLady wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:02 pm They're doing a wee bit more than that. They're offering themselves as some sort of medical professional witnesses for the impeachment inquiry, which places their assessment beyond opinion for them.

In an inquiry for impeachment that is attempting to rely on fact and what "people in the room" have seen and heard, one would hope that the Democrats pursuing this impeachment inquiry would wish to have the ACTUAL medical professionals who've seen President Trump and have not simply opined about his mental health based on their expertise.

As for the yellowing of the eyes, yes, the liver could be a culprit.

But so could the pancreas.

So could allergies....anemia.....dehydration....cataracts.

So the doctor who is relying on a "casual glance" to diagnose would not be, IMO and co-pays I'd pay, a doctor I'd personally want to see. Kwim?

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:19 pm But here’s the thing: no one is throwing a diagnosis. All that’s being said is that his state of mind seems troublesome. And just like an MD seeing something as simple as a yellowish tint in someone’s eyes means that “there’s something wrong with this man’s liver” even if he doesn’t know the guy or has all his medical history. That doctor may not be able to tell if it’s liver cancer or cirrhosis, but he knows something is definitely wrong with that liver from a casual glance. So can a mental health professional see warning signs on a person based on their behavior.
AZLizardLady wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:09 pm A true medical professional worth their over-the-top fees will know better than to diagnose as it appears to be the intent in this particular article that the OP has linked.

Let's be honest here---if there are going to be behavioral health Dx's thrown around by medical professionals, let's start with Washington politicians in general.

That could be fun, no? ;)

An opinion is one thing, which I believe these medical professionals have given, and which it supports the sentiments of quite a few here in this group....that Trump is a fruit cake who's mentally incompetent and will start drooling some time in the near future from unstable thoughts (MY interpretation from what I read).

Again, opinion.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

As long as their behavior is well documented then yes. If a health professional tells you that Vlad the Impaler was a psychopath, would you tell them “no way you can make that assessment if you’ve never met the guy!!!!”? His documented behavior proves it. How about Elizabeth Bathory? Or Caligula? Or Hitler? We can’t make an educated diagnosis based on their documented behavior?
And no one’s editing Trump’s Twitter rants (somebody should, though...) or his TV appearances. So that’s documented behavior. You’re free to doubt the many WH staff people who have expressed concern for Trump’s mental state, but you can’t deny what he tweets or what he says and does in front of the camera.
DSamuels wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:19 pm
GMa4all wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:12 pm
Fliptopz4 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:37 pm
Their degrees are worthless if this is how they diagnose people. With edited interviews and youtube videos.
And you’re a degreed professional with experience so you know this for a fact?
I think these psychiatrists know more that you do and I trust them.
You trust someone to diagnose someone they have never met? Wow!
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The claim that 99.9% of America has diagnosed Biden as mentally unstable is total bullshit. Not true at all.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Funny, though, how Trumpers will jump on that bandwagon without a second thought. But to suggest their idol is mentally unstable when it’s very clear from his behavior? Oh no!! You can’t make THAT assessment without knowing him personally!!!!
But as always... their double standard is showing.
EarlGrayHot wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:20 am The claim that 99.9% of America has diagnosed Biden as mentally unstable is total bullshit. Not true at all.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I would think that the photo shopping thing, which might have been actually not been done by Trump himself, is an example of a person with strange, almost arrogant sense of humor but I wouldn't label them as mentally ill necessarily.

If you look closely for something you're (anyone in general) seeking, I suppose you'll find it in one form or another. Doesn't necessarily make what you're seeking exactly what you surmise that it is, but I am gathering that doesn't always matter anymore. Any type of validation will do if any one of us wishes to see what we hope to see in any form.

Yesterday, we saw the judicial hearings of this impeachment inquiry with four "elite scholars." They weren't in the room or on the phone call on that fateful day back in July, but they're giving their opinions of the legal aspects of this case. Three were witnesses for the Democrats and a fourth, for the Republicans. One witness in particular has a history of despising Trump so deeply that she couldn't walk on the same sidewalk next to the Trump Hotel she was about to walk past.

We, as Americans, are to accept their testimonies as fact however and regardless due to their legal expertise.

Trump has a strong base here in this country who truly believe he'll win a second term. There's an equally strong faction of Americans, such as yourself, who do not want this to happen and who feel it will not happen.

Only time will tell and because if we're being honest, when this goes to vote and the Democrats say "Aye" to impeaching Trump, it then goes the Senate. This inquiry, which includes testimony from "witnesses" who have witnessed NOTHING on a personal level, will be DOA once the Senate gets it.

As for the liver example, back in 2012, I had cataract surgeries on both of my eyes. My vision was very cloudy and obviously I had cataracts in both. My eyes also had a yellowish tint to them so first, my primary care physician at the time had an ultrasound done on both my pancreas as well as my liver and along with extensive blood work to rule out anything going on other than my vision.

In both cases, both were fine, and despite me being a Type 2 Diabetic which ended up being the cause for the need of the surgery at a younger than usual age.

My point is simple....on spec, if my pcp had not ordered those ultrasounds/lab tests and I actually DID have liver and/or pancreas issues, where would I be today? Kwim?

I get what you're attempting to point out here and say. I really do. I simply do not agree with it.

We again have an impeachment inquiry that is supposed to be fact-based....they've got him...they know precisely what happened. And unfortunately, instead of bringing in people who actually were in the room and/or in on that fateful July phone call, they're bringing in "witnesses" who have opinions. Expert opinions, sure, but opinions only.

If those like yourself firmly believe that Trump is mentally ill and incompetent, wouldn't you want an actual medical record demonstrating just this versus someone who's eyed him and made that assessment on spec despite their expertise?

IOW, lock up the prediction and nail it home.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:10 am And yet you don’t answer my question... if Angela Merkel posted in her Twitter a picture of her head photoshopped on Wonder Woman’s body, would you wonder as to her mental capacity to be an adequate world leader? Be honest with yourself, if ANY other world leader did half the things Trump does, like the Sharpie incident, the constant glorifying of himself and putting down of others, the mindless twittering, wouldn’t you think “man, that dude is seriously unhinged!”? Now, if there had been one or two weird incidents then it would be premature to talk about a possible mental condition. But Trump has a pattern of behavior going back decades that point to certain issues that could make him an inadequate leader.

Now, if they’re going to talk about a specific diagnosis, then yes. They should do a proper analysis of Trump. But if they’re being asked if- in their professional opinion- they see signs of a mental instability in Trump’s behavior, then they can perfectly well make that assessment and reach an opinion based on the BEHAVIOR alone. Seriously, you don’t need to be Freud to realize that Trump has a serious pathological narcissism, for example. His BEHAVIOR over decades is very clear. Now, if you want to go deeper to see where it comes from, to explain it then yes, you need to talk to Trump. But to realize that he has serious issues with narcissism I don’t need to chat with him about his childhood traumas.

Doctors are more educated than you may think. As I said on a PP, my pediatrician diagnosed my son with rosacea over the phone. And he was spot on. Because of his knowledge and experience he could tell this was the case just based on my description of the symptoms. Now, if Trump would consent to a psychiatric evaluation to determine an actual diagnosis and prove all of us wrong, then so be it. He doesn’t. So we have to make do with the expert assessment of professionals made on the basis of his behavior throughout the years.

So you didn’t like my jaundice example. Fine, let’s paraphrase it. A doctor sees a jaundiced man. Maybe he can’t tell you exactly what’s wrong with him, but he can definitely tell you that there is something wrong with him. And he can even go as far as telling you that it’s probably a liver issue. Obviously in order to tell you exactly what’s wrong and why, you need further evaluation. In that same way, a mental health professional can look at Trump’s behavior (and I seriously doubt that for an actual legal procedure they’re using anything less than proven behavior) and tell you whether there’s something wrong or not. They may not be able to tell you beyond theory why Trump has this mental issue, but they can certainly show how those behaviors point to that issue. Again, if Trump wishes to refute that, then he should allow himself to be psychologically tested.
AZLizardLady wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:02 pm They're doing a wee bit more than that. They're offering themselves as some sort of medical professional witnesses for the impeachment inquiry, which places their assessment beyond opinion for them.

In an inquiry for impeachment that is attempting to rely on fact and what "people in the room" have seen and heard, one would hope that the Democrats pursuing this impeachment inquiry would wish to have the ACTUAL medical professionals who've seen President Trump and have not simply opined about his mental health based on their expertise.

As for the yellowing of the eyes, yes, the liver could be a culprit.

But so could the pancreas.

So could allergies....anemia.....dehydration....cataracts.

So the doctor who is relying on a "casual glance" to diagnose would not be, IMO and co-pays I'd pay, a doctor I'd personally want to see. Kwim?

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:19 pm But here’s the thing: no one is throwing a diagnosis. All that’s being said is that his state of mind seems troublesome. And just like an MD seeing something as simple as a yellowish tint in someone’s eyes means that “there’s something wrong with this man’s liver” even if he doesn’t know the guy or has all his medical history. That doctor may not be able to tell if it’s liver cancer or cirrhosis, but he knows something is definitely wrong with that liver from a casual glance. So can a mental health professional see warning signs on a person based on their behavior.

Locked Previous topicNext topic