Why booing Donald Trump doesn't mean what you think it means

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

lol. awww, your side behaves like screeching rabid animals for 3 years because you lost and you get defensive when you're seen as unpatriotic and disrespectful.

"But what the booing and chants on Sunday proved isn't that lots of people don't like Trump. We already knew that. What it proved is just how much he has changed not just politics but public discourse more broadly -- moving the goalposts (or maybe knocking them down entirely) on what is acceptable behavior."

Nah, your side has been behaving this way from day one. obama was divisive before trump came along, the MSM only fawning over him and giving him soft ball treatment through it all. and republicans NEVER sank to the levels of democrats with TDS. Hillary even calling trump supporters a "basket of deplorables", your politicians and MSM pundits have called us NAZIS and worse. your side has given its blessing to harass republicans working in the trump admin, your side has intentionally falsely accused trump of treason! your side has attempted several COUPS! your side is not innocent.

No one made them chant/boo. Just own it FFS. you are responsible for your own behavior.
YouKnowWho
Countess
Countess

Unread post

"On Sunday night, President Ludicrous Tangerine Ballbag went to the World Series in Washington. And got booed. Loudly. And even was subject to a "lock him up!" chant.

This was celebrated on Twitter. And by liberals nationwide. He got a taste of his own medicine! Now he knows how people really feel about him!"

:lol:
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My side? My side? You have no idea what my side actually is. What precisely did I lose? Who did I vote for in 2012? Who did I vote for in 2016? You certainly seem to know.
water<wine wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:24 pm lol. awww, your side behaves like screeching rabid animals for 3 years because you lost and you get defensive when you're seen as unpatriotic and disrespectful.

"But what the booing and chants on Sunday proved isn't that lots of people don't like Trump. We already knew that. What it proved is just how much he has changed not just politics but public discourse more broadly -- moving the goalposts (or maybe knocking them down entirely) on what is acceptable behavior."

Nah, your side has been behaving this way from day one. obama was divisive before trump came along, the MSM only fawning over him and giving him soft ball treatment through it all. and republicans NEVER sank to the levels of democrats with TDS. Hillary even calling trump supporters a "basket of deplorables", your politicians and MSM pundits have called us NAZIS and worse. your side has given its blessing to harass republicans working in the trump admin, your side has intentionally falsely accused trump of treason! your side has attempted several COUPS! your side is not innocent.

No one made them chant/boo. Just own it FFS. you are responsible for your own behavior.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

AllofFive19 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:33 pm My side? My side? You have no idea what my side actually is. What precisely did I lose? Who did I vote for in 2012? Who did I vote for in 2016? You certainly seem to know.
water<wine wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:24 pm lol. awww, your side behaves like screeching rabid animals for 3 years because you lost and you get defensive when you're seen as unpatriotic and disrespectful.

oh ok. so you are saying you didn't lose by trump winning? that's a victory for you? good to know.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That was a stupid article. Politicians have been booed since time began, especially the crooked ones like Trump. That was a baseball crowd, not a liberal crowd. Regular every day people, not Trump's rabid base. The majority of the country is repulsed that he is the president and now worried that he's crossed the line into power grabs worthy of the slimiest dictators. He was booed because people want him gone. Even if that means they have to "lock him up".
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:26 pm That was a stupid article. Politicians have been booed since time began, especially the crooked ones like Trump. That was a baseball crowd, not a liberal crowd. Regular every day people, not Trump's rabid base. The majority of the country is repulsed that he is the president and now worried that he's crossed the line into power grabs worthy of the slimiest dictators. He was booed because people want him gone. Even if that means they have to "lock him up".
I agree with you up until "regular every day people". Tickets for the game were $5000 a piece! But again, I agree with everything else.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:26 pm That was a stupid article. Politicians have been booed since time began, especially the crooked ones like Trump. That was a baseball crowd, not a liberal crowd. Regular every day people, not Trump's rabid base. The majority of the country is repulsed that he is the president and now worried that he's crossed the line into power grabs worthy of the slimiest dictators. He was booed because people want him gone. Even if that means they have to "lock him up".
the area is a liberal strong hold dear. they werent representative of all "every day people" they were hardcore democrats. just as the people in trump's rallies are also "every day people"- still dont represent you though huh?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yeah. She makes assumption about me too. And ALWAYS gets it wrong 😂🤣
AllofFive19 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:33 pm My side? My side? You have no idea what my side actually is. What precisely did I lose? Who did I vote for in 2012? Who did I vote for in 2016? You certainly seem to know.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:46 pm
the area is a liberal strong hold dear. they werent representative of all "every day people" they were hardcore democrats. just as the people in trump's rallies are also "every day people"- still dont represent you though huh?
Yes, Trump's base are every day people but they are gathered at his rally because they are fans. So you will hear only cheers. These people in the stadium were there for baseball, not Trump, not a protest, just baseball. That's the difference. People travel from all over the country for Super Bowls and World Series. I don't think it's just democrats that like baseball.
Locked Previous topicNext topic