These are the complete lyrics to John Legend and Kelly Clarkson’s ‘woke’ ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’ remake

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The classic Christmas carol that won the Oscar for best original song after being featured in the 1949 film “Neptune’s Daughter” hasn’t aged well into the #MeToo era. The call-and-response duet features a woman saying she needs to leave her date and go home, while her male suitor cajoles her to stay.
But while backlash against the original song caused many radio stations in Cleveland, San Francisco and parts of Canada to stop playing it last year, the new, P.C. version is also getting a chilly response.

Deana Martin, daughter of the late Dean Martin (who sang one of the most popular versions of the song) told “Good Morning Britain” earlier this week that the remake is “absolutely absurd.”
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/these ... ewer_click
Deleted User 276

Unread post

I like the new version. I don't understand anyone having a problem with it? Are you all really that vested in the 1945 version? I liked that version too but see room for both.

This was my favorite version:

AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

The lyrics sounds like he wants her to gtfo out but she won’t take a hint 😂😂
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SeeYouNextTuesday wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:52 pm The lyrics sounds like he wants her to gtfo out but she won’t take a hint 😂😂
In the new version, it looks like he can't wait to shove her out the door!
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:58 pm
SeeYouNextTuesday wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:52 pm The lyrics sounds like he wants her to gtfo out but she won’t take a hint 😂😂
They managed to switch it around

She’s the aggressor now 😂😂
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Remakes always suck.....

I’m also not a fan of the #metoo craze...
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

SeeYouNextTuesday wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:59 pm

Hear the woman rawr thing, eh.....
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

People pick the stupidest things to be offended over, and this was one of them. Rather hoped all that had died down in favor of some new "atrocity."

I'll bet all the money in my bank account that no one is going to listen to the original song tomorrow and decide its okay to rape someone because of it.
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:09 pm
SeeYouNextTuesday wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:59 pm

Hear the woman rawr thing, eh.....
It’s cool he’s just playing hard to get

Murray the Uber driver can wait while she pushes a few more drinks in him
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

"I ought to say, “No, no, no, sir” (Then you really ought to go, go, go)"

ha ha ha!
Locked Previous topicNext topic