McDonald's had the nerve to ask my child's gender!

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I prefer when they ask if my kid wants the Pokemon toy or the MLP toy, my daughter doesn't always want the "girl" toy. It's worse when they assume MLP when she eats inside.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:22 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:56 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:52 pm

I do acknowledge that he's a boy, because I'm following his lead.
You make it sound like you are living life waiting for him to confirm that he is a boy or deny it and say he’s a girl. There is no need to say he’s a boy for now. It’s ok to have a feminine son or a masculine girl, which they call Tom boys. It doesn’t make them any less a boy or girl. How old is he?
That's an odd interpretation. He just is who he is. He'll be who he's going to be. I'm here to support him no matter what.
That’s not an odd interpretation. You said as of right now he is a boy, as if he may change in the future. Most people do not have gender dysphoria. I don’t understand why people act like their kid is going to grow up to be a transgender if they call their kid by their gender without making comments about their future gender. THAT is what’s odd.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:07 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:22 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:56 pm

You make it sound like you are living life waiting for him to confirm that he is a boy or deny it and say he’s a girl. There is no need to say he’s a boy for now. It’s ok to have a feminine son or a masculine girl, which they call Tom boys. It doesn’t make them any less a boy or girl. How old is he?
That's an odd interpretation. He just is who he is. He'll be who he's going to be. I'm here to support him no matter what.
That’s not an odd interpretation. You said as of right now he is a boy, as if he may change in the future. Most people do not have gender dysphoria. I don’t understand why people act like their kid is going to grow up to be a transgender if they call their kid by their gender without making comments about their future gender. THAT is what’s odd.
I don’t know what happened to a girl just being a Tom boy and a feminine boy. Not all those girls who played with trucks and dirt decided to become boys or even lesbians. They call them boy and girl towards because the majority of those genders will pick the toy that’s geared towards them.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

McDonald’s discontinued supersizing in 2004.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Back in June when I kept my 6yo grand for a few days, I got her a happy meal. So, I totally get the confusion with all the options now. It didn't used to be that way, and I had no idea what to say. But with my grand's help, I got her the meal she wanted. But when it came to the toy issue, they just asked me what toy I wanted.... as if I should know what toys they actually have! I feel cheated now because I was not able to school some working teenager on gender bias, implied or otherwise!!

Oh, and the lady who was so triggered has way too much time on her hands if she can think that deeply about things that really don't matter that much at the end of the day. I can't believe a happy meal toy choice made her question her reality to this degree.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

29again wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:42 pm Back in June when I kept my 6yo grand for a few days, I got her a happy meal. So, I totally get the confusion with all the options now. It didn't used to be that way, and I had no idea what to say. But with my grand's help, I got her the meal she wanted. But when it came to the toy issue, they just asked me what toy I wanted.... as if I should know what toys they actually have! I feel cheated now because I was not able to school some working teenager on gender bias, implied or otherwise!!

Oh, and the lady who was so triggered has way too much time on her hands if she can think that deeply about things that really don't matter that much at the end of the day. I can't believe a happy meal toy choice made her question her reality to this degree.
This exactly
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

** rolls eyes**
(since I cant post a gif in this group)

Is that you KateM????

jessilin0113 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:26 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:55 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:41 pm One time McDonald's asked me if I wanted the hot wheels or barbie (or whatever the toys happened to be, maybe transformers and beanie babies) instead of the girl toy or boy toy and i was so pleased i thanked them at the window and they looked at me like i had grown a second head. Normally I don't care too much but my son, who thus far is still a boy, wanted the "girl toy" but had enough awareness to notice when they called it a girl toy, even though he's not a girl.

Toys should be toys and kids should be kids and be allowed and encouraged to play with whatever they want with no stigma.
?
He doesn't identify as anything but generally presents as a boy.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:44 pm ** rolls eyes**
(since I cant post a gif in this group)

Is that you KateM????

jessilin0113 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:26 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:55 pm

?
He doesn't identify as anything but generally presents as a boy.
Welcome to the next generation of bullshit.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jas wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:55 pm People will bitch moan and whine about ANYTHING. Sometimes they should just take their F***ing toy, sit down and eat their death food.
:lol: "death food"
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

More manufactured outrage. I just wonder how much more productive our society would be if people focused this much energy on improving the world or discovering a dependable renewable energy source instead of worrying about toys and gender or having their restaurant bill handed to their husband instead of them.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic