Hillary's NASA Tweet

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My biggest issue with this is that I don't consider a tween/teen to be a "little girl" at all. That tweet seems to be milking the sympathy more than she needs to.

I am glad that there is *ONE* thing that that woman has related from her past that was actually fact-checked and found true.... I'm surprised she didn't put in a twit-pic of the letter. I'm sure she kept it, just in case.... some day..... things changed.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

morgan wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:41 pm Image

Poor Hillary. What a victim. :?
Whoever wrote that Tweet doesn't know their history very well. Little girls and boys that age in that time dreamed of being astronauts.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

morgan wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:07 pm
msb64 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:59 pm This is funny in that Clinton has been relaying this story since 1992 and it's been fact checked ever since and found plausible. Suddenly in 2019 some nimrod posts and Hillary haters jump on it. Just let it go!
No. Why should we? Trump haters have been jumping on him since he fairly won. Just let it go!
This doesn't even deserve an answer it is so mind numbingly stupid. But I just had to point that out.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jas wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:57 pm Why does anyone care what lie comes out of that woman's mouth next?
Especially when we already have one of the biggest liars masquerading as a president.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AllofFive19 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:36 pm
jas wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:57 pm Why does anyone care what lie comes out of that woman's mouth next?
Especially when we already have one of the biggest liars masquerading as a president.
I don't get it, do you? The lies Trump tells are significant and causing damage around the world. Trump lies about the Kurds, about Russia, about Ukraine. He's president. But his base is focusing on Hillary talking about sending a letter to NASA when she was young and how that just has to be a lie.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:51 pm
AllofFive19 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:36 pm
I don't get it, do you? The lies Trump tells are significant and causing damage around the world. Trump lies about the Kurds, about Russia, about Ukraine. He's president. But his base is focusing on Hillary talking about sending a letter to NASA when she was young and how that just has to be a lie.
I have never gotten it. All the "but Hillary's" are tiring. Yes, Hillary has lied, but not everything she says is a lie, but his base loves to distract from his lies by pretending about her.

Added to which, he is our president, not her, though I would love it if he would try to be presidential just one full month. Just one out of 48.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Deleted User 670

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:27 pm This is an excellent example of how uneducated you (and this poster) are!

NASA was founded in 1958, when Clinton was 11. That’s also the year that they first started officially recruiting astronauts, though they didn’t accept any women as candidates for another 20 years (long after the first Soviet female cosmonaut was sent up). It would be really stupid of someone to assume that Clinton couldn’t have written a letter before there was an American astronaut in space, right?

The idea of putting humans into space didn’t suddenly start in 1962, either. Not even in 1958, when official recruitment began. The Space Race started in 1955, pre-NASA, when Clinton was 8. Human space travel was the goal. See, NASA wasn’t the first government organization concerned with space travel, NACA oversaw all of that before it transitioned into a more focused organization and was renamed NASA in response to Sputnik’s successful launch. And both the US and Russia has been strapping animals into rockets with the goal of developing human space travel since the year Clinton was born! We’d been publicly working toward that goal for a long time.

Clinton said she wrote the letter around 1960, when she was 12/13. Yeah, that’s “little girl” to reasonable people. Yes, that’s a couple of years since astronaut recruitment began by an organization named NASA. Yeah, that’s almost two decades before a woman would have been allowed to apply. No, there’s nothing factually wrong with her statement in the least. It’s not even a stretch of the imagination.
It's just this kind of crap trolling that caused Dan Rather to lose his job over that Swift Boat conspiracy because the stupid troll convinced people that the document was fake because of the typeface used. I worked two summers in the early 80s at the Pentagon and they loved that forkin typeface ball. It was a standard-issue type face ball for the IBM Selectric. Which indeed had that typeface in the early 70s because my mother had an IBM Selectric typwriter with the replaceable type-face balls when I was in Jr. High. I loved to play with that typewriter. Except no one on Rather's network bothered to even investigate that or even call IBM to prove that was an authentic typeface of that era.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:09 pm
SolidlyAverage wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:27 pm This is an excellent example of how uneducated you (and this poster) are!

NASA was founded in 1958, when Clinton was 11. That’s also the year that they first started officially recruiting astronauts, though they didn’t accept any women as candidates for another 20 years (long after the first Soviet female cosmonaut was sent up). It would be really stupid of someone to assume that Clinton couldn’t have written a letter before there was an American astronaut in space, right?

The idea of putting humans into space didn’t suddenly start in 1962, either. Not even in 1958, when official recruitment began. The Space Race started in 1955, pre-NASA, when Clinton was 8. Human space travel was the goal. See, NASA wasn’t the first government organization concerned with space travel, NACA oversaw all of that before it transitioned into a more focused organization and was renamed NASA in response to Sputnik’s successful launch. And both the US and Russia has been strapping animals into rockets with the goal of developing human space travel since the year Clinton was born! We’d been publicly working toward that goal for a long time.

Clinton said she wrote the letter around 1960, when she was 12/13. Yeah, that’s “little girl” to reasonable people. Yes, that’s a couple of years since astronaut recruitment began by an organization named NASA. Yeah, that’s almost two decades before a woman would have been allowed to apply. No, there’s nothing factually wrong with her statement in the least. It’s not even a stretch of the imagination.
It's just this kind of crap trolling that caused Dan Rather to lose his job over that Swift Boat conspiracy because the stupid troll convinced people that the document was fake because of the typeface used. I worked two summers in the early 80s at the Pentagon and they loved that forkin typeface ball. It was a standard-issue type face ball for the IBM Selectric. Which indeed had that typeface in the early 70s because my mother had an IBM Selectric typwriter with the replaceable type-face balls when I was in Jr. High. I loved to play with that typewriter. Except no one on Rather's network bothered to even investigate that or even call IBM to prove that was an authentic typeface of that era.
Did you do internships?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:19 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:09 pm

Did you do internships?
The Federal Government hires people over the Summer as temp employees. No, not an internship. I earned the same salary as any other GS-05 Clerk Typist did at the time.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That's pretty astute, that at 12 years old she would have known that NASA was recruiting astronauts and had learned of the planned efforts toward space exploration. Some kids are just that advanced!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic