Border Walls

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yep. For the most part it's a stupid choice because there are far better ways of maintaining security. Electronic surveillance, including ground sensors and drones are easier and cheaper I would think. Why waste money on a wall that can be climbed over or dug under?
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:49 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:22 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:47 pm

You probably also can't imagine Your sons being kidnapped, your daughters being raped and murdered, being forced to join a gang by someone who has a gun to your parents heads, or your children being days away from dying of starvation or a preventable disease. So of course you can't imagine the motivations of people so desperate to save their families that they would take an extremely dangerous trip and risk everything to cross into the U.S., because I assure you they don't just "mosey" over the border.
So what about the immigrants who've come here illegally and done precisely what you've written...raped, murdered, killed by drunk driving, started gangs, brought drugs across the border, committed the crime of human trafficking by taking children that are not theirs yet claiming they are just to seek asylum...and so on? Are you forgetting about them?

Yes, there are good people who are desperate to make a better life but as with any collective group of people, there are bad.
The percentage of undocumented immigrants who commit a violent crime in the US is immensely small. You are far more likely to have those things done to you by a citizen, yet no one is trying to kick out every white man. And if those things are your concern, building the wall does nothing to stop them since most undocumented immigrants do not get here by sneaking over the border.
No, it's not really that small. The following are a couple of links pertaining to the percentages:
https://www.heritage.org/crime-and-just ... s-shouldnt

THIS link provides a debate's arguments for/against the percentages being higher:
https://immigration.procon.org/view.ans ... nID=000782

What do you suggest we do as a country and especially in border states? What is your ideal for immigrants?

How to we feed, clothe, and house them when we have so many U.S. natural born and naturalized citizens who are struggling themselves? Look at the situation in California with its homeless problem....how do we help those people if we're to bring more into this country with resources often tapped out?
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:51 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:19 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:32 pm

You do realize that the immigration process was entirely different in the 50s, right?
^^My comment that I've underlined from my earlier reply above notes that I realize this.
So than why compare the two? Why bring up how the people you know did it "right" when it's an entirely different process?
Because it was a part of my points I was making in the conversation of the thread. That's what a lot of us do here in this group...converse.

There are differences between decades ago to now with coming to this country legally, and one in particular stands out...the cost...and thus why I've written what I have ^^.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:01 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:22 pm

So what about the immigrants who've come here illegally and done precisely what you've written...raped, murdered, killed by drunk driving, started gangs, brought drugs across the border, committed the crime of human trafficking by taking children that are not theirs yet claiming they are just to seek asylum...and so on? Are you forgetting about them?

Yes, there are good people who are desperate to make a better life but as with any collective group of people, there are bad.
The percentage of undocumented immigrants who commit a violent crime in the US is immensely small. You are far more likely to have those things done to you by a citizen, yet no one is trying to kick out every white man. And if those things are your concern, building the wall does nothing to stop them since most undocumented immigrants do not get here by sneaking over the border.
No, it's not really that small. The following are a couple of links pertaining to the percentages:

THIS link provides a debate's arguments for/against the percentages being higher:

What do you suggest we do as a country and especially in border states? What is your ideal for immigrants?

How to we feed, clothe, and house them when we have so many U.S. natural born and naturalized citizens who are struggling themselves? Look at the situation in California with its homeless problem....how do we help those people if we're to bring more into this country with resources often tapped out?
Maybe try some sources that's aren't clearly bias.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:17 am

Can you clarify further what you mean ^^, please? The second link clearly shows BOTH sides of the argument for/against the percentages so no, it's not biased.

You yourself are being quite biased and don't seem to want to at least be open-minded to discussions that are opposed to your opinions.

So perhaps stating there's a "bias" is something you should look for within yourself first.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:13 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:17 am

Can you clarify further what you mean ^^, please? The second link clearly shows BOTH sides of the argument for/against the percentages so no, it's not biased.

You yourself are being quite biased and don't seem to want to at least be open-minded to discussions that are opposed to your opinions.

So perhaps stating there's a "bias" is something you should look for within yourself first.
You linked a website that states on the first page that its goal is to help Trump "drain the swamp." How is that not bias? How would you know what sources I use? I form my opinion based on numbers and facts, not on what some website that has clear political objectives tells me to believe. Not agreeing with you doesn't mean I am not open-minded.
Locked Previous topicNext topic