Most used word in the debate: TAX

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I didn't watch it because I'm not going to vote for a Democrat, but I think it's a good thing if they talked about taxes most of all. Everyone gets so caught up in all this social stuff that our government isn't focusing on what they're there for. How to spend our tax dollars and get how much we pay to the lowest amount possible.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I am Canadian so I know all about taxes.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:03 am I am Canadian so I know all about taxes.
What's your effective tax rate?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:49 am I didn't watch it because I'm not going to vote for a Democrat, but I think it's a good thing if they talked about taxes most of all. Everyone gets so caught up in all this social stuff that our government isn't focusing on what they're there for. How to spend our tax dollars and get how much we pay to the lowest amount possible.
Well, they didn’t talk intelligently about taxes - by that I mean they didn’t discuss tax programs or tax rates. Basically just rich people need more taxes. That was their underlying message.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jas wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:54 am
jessilin0113 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:31 am I'd gladly pay an extra $100/ month in taxes if it meant I no longer had to pay $200+/ month in insurance premiums for a plan that's functionally useless. Plus, you know, insurance for literally everybody. I don't know why some are so opposed to investing in our people and our country.
Because you are blinded by "free" and don't see the nasty that comes with it. Do you think for one second you are going to get top notch quality care with "free"? Do you think you're going to get same day appointments with "free"? Hell, do you think you're going to be seen that month with "free"? You think your plan is functionally useless now? lol.
Take a HARD LOOK at those other countries and see what the REAL complaints are with their "free".
You're right but seems to me if people literally fear getting sick because they know it means bankruptcy we ain't getting shit now. That's my reality and I've got insurance. I'll never say it can't get worse but anything's got to be better. I mean I'm not getting free or same day appointments or even a doctor that can spend five minutes with me thanks to electronic charting.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:32 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:31 am I'd gladly pay an extra $100/ month in taxes if it meant I no longer had to pay $200+/ month in insurance premiums for a plan that's functionally useless. Plus, you know, insurance for literally everybody. I don't know why some are so opposed to investing in our people and our country.
Because you are blinded by "free" and don't see the nasty that comes with it. Do you think for one second you are going to get top notch quality care with "free"? Do you think you're going to get same day appointments with "free"? Hell, do you think you're going to be seen that month with "free"? You think your plan is functionally useless now? lol.
Take a HARD LOOK at those other countries and see what the REAL complaints are with their "free".
You're right but seems to me if people literally fear getting sick because they know it means bankruptcy we ain't getting shit now. That's my reality and I've got insurance. I'll never say it can't get worse but anything's got to be better.
For some people, yes.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jas wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:34 pm

You're right but seems to me if people literally fear getting sick because they know it means bankruptcy we ain't getting shit now. That's my reality and I've got insurance. I'll never say it can't get worse but anything's got to be better.
For some people, yes.
Look I know a severely disabled man working as a cashier. Has worked all his life not on disability. He fell and had to go to rehab. He might have to declare bankruptcy and he was insured. This isn't just me who worries. There's too many of the working class who do, those with private insurance. So yes we need to know what our taxes will pay. I think Medicare for all will cost too much unless we can drive down health care costs. But damn we need a change.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:39 pm

For some people, yes.
Look I know a severely disabled man working as a cashier. Has worked all his life not on disability. He fell and had to go to rehab. He might have to declare bankruptcy and he was insured. This isn't just me who worries. There's too many of the working class who do, those with private insurance. So yes we need to know what our taxes will pay. I think Medicare for all will cost too much unless we can drive down health care costs. But damn we need a change.
I agree, but I think until things change at the top, it's not going to get any better at the bottom. They're trying to change the bottom without doing anything with the top. That's why I don't support the free for all. It's not going to work with the current set up.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:39 pm

For some people, yes.
We desperately need a change in health care, starting with getting insurance out of it.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:26 am
Linda_Runs wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:03 am I am Canadian so I know all about taxes.
What's your effective tax rate?
My effective tax rate ends up being about 28% after applied deductions. On top of that, we pay somewhere around $8,000 to $12,000 per year in health services tax and other taxes on products and services. The average Canadian pays about 45 percent of their entire gross income in all taxes throughout the year.
Locked Previous topicNext topic