Most used word in the debate: TAX

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:54 am
KnotaDinghy wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:53 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:42 pm I've only seen snips and pieces. That was enough for me.

Again, I was quite impressed by what I saw in those blips of Tulsi Gabbard. She won't win the Primary but she seems quite logical, practical, and not really swayed by the thoughts of the majority.
Sadly she won’t win in the primary. I think she’s a good moderate candidate.
She's probably the best pick among them. The most reasonable, practical, and seems to employ common sense.
The most likely to get right leaning moderates.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:08 am

She's probably the best pick among them. The most reasonable, practical, and seems to employ common sense.
Very true. I can't be the only one that doesn't subscribe to the extremes that seem to be the norm these days.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'd gladly pay an extra $100/ month in taxes if it meant I no longer had to pay $200+/ month in insurance premiums for a plan that's functionally useless. Plus, you know, insurance for literally everybody. I don't know why some are so opposed to investing in our people and our country.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:31 am I'd gladly pay an extra $100/ month in taxes if it meant I no longer had to pay $200+/ month in insurance premiums for a plan that's functionally useless. Plus, you know, insurance for literally everybody. I don't know why some are so opposed to investing in our people and our country.
Because you are blinded by "free" and don't see the nasty that comes with it. Do you think for one second you are going to get top notch quality care with "free"? Do you think you're going to get same day appointments with "free"? Hell, do you think you're going to be seen that month with "free"? You think your plan is functionally useless now? lol.
Take a HARD LOOK at those other countries and see what the REAL complaints are with their "free".
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:12 am Half of the country doesn't pay taxes, but every one in MC land pays at least 90%, lol.
I actually have never heard anyone claim they pay 90%.

I search for every deduction allowed and typically end up on the 15-18% range. I still think that is too high. If there were only some way to deduct the boat I’d be feeling much better about the tax rate.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:31 am I'd gladly pay an extra $100/ month in taxes if it meant I no longer had to pay $200+/ month in insurance premiums for a plan that's functionally useless. Plus, you know, insurance for literally everybody. I don't know why some are so opposed to investing in our people and our country.
$1200 more per year in taxes is a very low estimate for the plans that are being proposed.

And it’s always important to remember that insurance does not equal health care. So paying more or giving everyone insurance is not any type of a guarantee they will receive adequate health care.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I didn't watch, but after reading about her, I like her.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:07 am

Someone with a head on her shoulders and probably isn't easily manipulated... Sadly she won't win. I think I could vote for someone like her.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:11 am
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:12 am Half of the country doesn't pay taxes, but every one in MC land pays at least 90%, lol.
I actually have never heard anyone claim they pay 90%.

I search for every deduction allowed and typically end up on the 15-18% range. I still think that is too high. If there were only some way to deduct the boat I’d be feeling much better about the tax rate.
I was exaggerating of course. But you can't deny that a great many in this forum, and the old one, acted like they were paying too much. It's funny when I think about it because, as I said, half the country isn't really paying federal taxes. So I doubt a lot of those who are bitching about their federal income taxes. Hell, I doubt most can even itemize.

What rate would be ideal to you?

Can a boat be considered a second home?

Wasn't there a federal politician who had an issue with claiming his boat? Kerry, maybe?
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jas wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:35 am
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:07 am

Someone with a head on her shoulders and probably isn't easily manipulated... Sadly she won't win. I think I could vote for someone like her.
Same thoughts here. I'm absolutely sick of this far left and right bullshit.
306/232

Locked Previous topicNext topic