Most used word in the debate: TAX

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:42 pm I've only seen snips and pieces. That was enough for me.

Again, I was quite impressed by what I saw in those blips of Tulsi Gabbard. She won't win the Primary but she seems quite logical, practical, and not really swayed by the thoughts of the majority.
Sadly she won’t win in the primary. I think she’s a good moderate candidate.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:51 pm
Lemons wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:08 pm
KnotaDinghy wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:56 pm

Then you should make a post about other candidates and I’m sure people will give input.
I’m sorry. Most posts are short enough, why not keep this going as candidates for president in general. I don’t get the rigidness, it’s kind of silly. But ok. I won’t add anything more.
Today's standard is other ideas are not welcome. And my standard is I will listen when you decide to be more open to other ideas. It keeps things very simple.
I’ll gladly listen to other people’s ideas. I was interested in what everyone thought about the debate, the candidates. There was enough diversity in the plans put forth by numerous candidates that we should be able to discuss it.

But nope - her response was nada on the Democrats... let’s talk about Republicans or Independents. last I checked, there were only Democrats on the stage last night.

But hey - thanks for your input and analysis on what I was thinking. Appreciate it.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:24 pm
SolidlyAverage wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:15 pm
Carpy wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:43 pm Amazes me how many support higher taxes.
Why? Do you not understand that there are many of us who are willing to give more to get more? Even if it’s Moore for other people?
What I'd love to see is someone come along and say they're going to do an audit and start to manage correctly the trillions of dollars they take already. I'd like someone to come along and stop the waste.
Did you hear anything close to that from one of the candidates?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:01 am

Why? Do you not understand that there are many of us who are willing to give more to get more? Even if it’s Moore for other people?
What I'd love to see is someone come along and say they're going to do an audit and start to manage correctly the trillions of dollars they take already. I'd like someone to come along and stop the waste.
Nope. No one ever takes that approach, which to me is common sense. It's just my little fantasy ... Kind of like my Condoleza Rice/Colin Powell ticket. :lol:
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:47 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:36 pm
Lemons wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:25 pm

Wouldn’t we all. How would that be done?
An audit of each department, how much they're spending, on what, bidding contracts out, etc. A macro scale of what you do at home to not waste money unnecessarily. Making the government departments and employees accountable for what they're doing. In general cutting the fat. Fiscal oversight and responsibility.

Run it how a corporation is run. You need to justify what you're doing. A business has to run on a budget. There's no other pocket to reach into. The GOVERNMENT has no such feeling of having a limit, because whenever they want to squander money they simply reach into OUR pockets.

I don't get the impression that ANYONE is watching the store.
So you would like to see the formation of a US Government Accountability Office? lol.
I'd like for it to actually function as its supposed to. I'm not quite sure why that's laughable.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:53 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:42 pm I've only seen snips and pieces. That was enough for me.

Again, I was quite impressed by what I saw in those blips of Tulsi Gabbard. She won't win the Primary but she seems quite logical, practical, and not really swayed by the thoughts of the majority.
Sadly she won’t win in the primary. I think she’s a good moderate candidate.
She's probably the best pick among them. The most reasonable, practical, and seems to employ common sense.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:27 am
KnotaDinghy wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:01 am

Nope. No one ever takes that approach, which to me is common sense. It's just my little fantasy ... Kind of like my Condoleza Rice/Colin Powell ticket. :lol:
I haven’t fully studied all the candidates’ plans around fiscal responsibility because I’ve heard their outrageous plans that would bloom spending. But as a fiscal conservative a balanced budget approach is always what I dream for.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

For those who didn’t see the debate, here is a compilation of Tulsi’s responses.

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Half of the country doesn't pay taxes, but every one in MC land pays at least 90%, lol.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:43 pm Amazes me how many support higher taxes.
Collapsing the economy won't get you more.
Locked Previous topicNext topic