AOC calls out Dems for caution on Trump impeachment, signaling possible renewed feud with Pelosi

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:47 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:45 am Now THIS would be a presidential team I could very, very easily get behind and I don't think we're alone.
Valentina327 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:14 am Colin Powell
Condi Rice
It's my dream ticket. Has been for years. I think both of them are too honest and decent though. LOL
She would have George Bush’s support . They’ve been close for many years.

https://slate.com/culture/2004/04/condi ... -slip.html
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:52 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:45 am Now THIS would be a presidential team I could very, very easily get behind and I don't think we're alone.

It's my dream ticket. Has been for years. I think both of them are too honest and decent though. LOL

Not sure how this article from 15 years ago mocking her making a mistake while speaking plays into her relationship with President Bush today.

Did I miss something?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:08 am

Not sure how this article from 15 years ago mocking her making a mistake while speaking plays into her relationship with President Bush today.

Did I miss something?
I think it should be brought back every few years to remind people...
😂
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

There is no question Trump reached the "high crimes and misdemeanors" level long ago. But the point Pelosi is making is that stupid as it sounds, some idiots will sympathize with Trump (Oh...poor Trump is being picked on) and that might lead to him being re-elected. The fact that it is Trump himself who is the bully-in-chief goes over their heads apparently. And it's important that we get rid of him before he ruins our country. While Pence is an idiot nightmare of a politician, he would be slightly less likely to get us into another unwinnable war.

Trump's real problem has always been that he doesn't know what he's doing. He is blundering around like a warthog in a china shop and he is grossly incompetent at being president. And anyone who thinks it's ok to govern/fire minions by Twitter should not be president anyway.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:23 am There is no question Trump reached the "high crimes and misdemeanors" level long ago. But the point Pelosi is making is that stupid as it sounds, some idiots will sympathize with Trump (Oh...poor Trump is being picked on) and that might lead to him being re-elected. The fact that it is Trump himself who is the bully-in-chief goes over their heads apparently. And it's important that we get rid of him before he ruins our country. While Pence is an idiot nightmare of a politician, he would be slightly less likely to get us into another unwinnable war.

Trump's real problem has always been that he doesn't know what he's doing. He is blundering around like a warthog in a china shop and he is grossly incompetent at being president. And anyone who thinks it's ok to govern/fire minions by Twitter should not be president anyway.
Exactly!
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Exactly. The last thing we need is him playing the poor innocent victim of a “witch hunt” because there are some idiots out there who still think he’s wonderful and being picked on but the “evil leftists”. That will guarantee his re-election and him being untouchable until 2024. This impeachment needs to be a sure thing or not a thing at all, not a wishful thinking.
EarlGrayHot wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:23 am There is no question Trump reached the "high crimes and misdemeanors" level long ago. But the point Pelosi is making is that stupid as it sounds, some idiots will sympathize with Trump (Oh...poor Trump is being picked on) and that might lead to him being re-elected. The fact that it is Trump himself who is the bully-in-chief goes over their heads apparently. And it's important that we get rid of him before he ruins our country. While Pence is an idiot nightmare of a politician, he would be slightly less likely to get us into another unwinnable war.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:48 am Exactly. The last thing we need is him playing the poor innocent victim of a “witch hunt” because there are some idiots out there who still think he’s wonderful and being picked on but the “evil leftists”. That will guarantee his re-election and him being untouchable until 2024. This impeachment needs to be a sure thing or not a thing at all, not a wishful thinking.

Do you mean a sure thing in both the House and the Senate?

OT but did you read Weld's comments?

“Talk about pressuring a foreign country to interfere with and control a U.S. election,” Weld said during an appearance on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “It couldn’t be clearer, and that’s not just undermining democratic institutions. That is treason. It’s treason, pure and simple, and the penalty for treason under the U.S. code is death. That’s the only penalty.”

“The penalty under the Constitution is removal from office, and that might look like a pretty good alternative to the president if he could work out a plea deal,” added Weld, who appeared in a joint interview with two other Republicans challenging Trump, former congressmen Mark Sanford (S.C.). and Joe Walsh (Ill.)."

OUCH

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Only thing I got is; when is that bitch up for re-election.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think Weld would be a great option, but he may be too moderate and centered for those who are pulling at the extremes.
msb64 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:02 am
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:48 am Exactly. The last thing we need is him playing the poor innocent victim of a “witch hunt” because there are some idiots out there who still think he’s wonderful and being picked on but the “evil leftists”. That will guarantee his re-election and him being untouchable until 2024. This impeachment needs to be a sure thing or not a thing at all, not a wishful thinking.

Do you mean a sure thing in both the House and the Senate?

OT but did you read Weld's comments?

“Talk about pressuring a foreign country to interfere with and control a U.S. election,” Weld said during an appearance on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “It couldn’t be clearer, and that’s not just undermining democratic institutions. That is treason. It’s treason, pure and simple, and the penalty for treason under the U.S. code is death. That’s the only penalty.”

“The penalty under the Constitution is removal from office, and that might look like a pretty good alternative to the president if he could work out a plea deal,” added Weld, who appeared in a joint interview with two other Republicans challenging Trump, former congressmen Mark Sanford (S.C.). and Joe Walsh (Ill.)."

OUCH

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:02 am
Valentina327 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:08 am

Did I miss something?
I think it should be brought back every few years to remind people...
😂
Remind people of what exactly? A group of people that are no longer relevant to our current political landscape?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic