'Islam is right about women', flyers concerns town.

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

WINCHESTER, MASS. (WHDH) - Residents in Winchester are debating free speech versus hate speech after flyers reading “Islam is RIGHT About Women” were found plastered around town.

Davison says she was alarmed by the sight of the flyers and immediately ripped them down. “Political climate at the moment, and all the things happening around the world, it just puts a little fear in you,” she said.

Police say the signs were not threatening and considered free speech. They opted to get rid of them because they were placed on town property.

Davison hopes others will do as she did if more signs pop up.“Most people have been supportive of the decision to take them down,” she said. “Others have said that I’m not for free speech but I really am. I just feel like that was on the side of hate speech.”

No one has come forward to explain the meaning behind the message.

https://whdh.com/news/islam-is-right-ab ... inchester/

😂😂😂
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well... they weren’t threatening in any way 🤷‍♀️ It is an opinion and the person who has that opinion has a right to express it. I think it was dumb and pointless to do it that way, though. It seems to me they were just looking exactly for the reaction they got. If those signs had been ignored instead of having people throw a hoopla, it would’ve defeated their purpose.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Islam sounds like evangelicals. f**k that.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Well I do know a lot of idiots who agree that Islam'a current view of women should be brought here, women too.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

People should be frightened. Muslim law is infiltrating our society.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:04 pm People should be frightened. Muslim law is infiltrating our society.
According to conspiracy believers. Ever heard of https://bethdin.org?

ETA: evangelicals and Christian fundamentalist organizations are no different.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Linda Sarsour definitely thinks so. How that woman got to lead a “feminist” movement is beyond me...
AllofFive19 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:12 pm Well I do know a lot of idiots who agree that Islam'a current view of women should be brought here, women too.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Concern trolls. I guarantee the people that put those flyers up don't give a shit about women,
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

AllofFive19 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:12 pm Well I do know a lot of idiots who agree that Islam'a current view of women should be brought here, women too.
I’ve seen articles posted here about American citizens, evangelical men in states with strict , patriarchal churches , who feel exactly that way. And some women who who go along with it probably because they’re scared.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:15 pm Concern trolls. I guarantee the people that put those flyers up don't give a shit about women,
And I bet they’re OUR citizens, not Islamics . There are lots of controlling, patriarchal misogynistic men in America ...
Locked Previous topicNext topic