Unvaccinated children not allowed by NY state to attend public schools starting today

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WhoAreYou
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Yet you keep responding.
ReadingRainbow wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:46 pm I’m not speaking for her at all... she’s a strong woman who speaks for herself. As am I... and I am speaking on my own behalf in a conversation that involves me.

What’s weird is that you keep pushing this.
WhoAreYou wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:42 pm It’s not telling at all. I’ve already made my opinion about vaccines quite vocally.

You’re speaking for her. That’s weird but whatever floats your boat.
ReadingRainbow wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:12 am You seem confused. I'm commenting on that which involves me.

But this avoidance of the actual topic at hand is a bit telling...
[/quote]
[/quote]
WhoAreYou
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

This shows her quoting me, actually. And it’s the comment I got an alert for.
Regardless, it’s not a big deal. The comment was just kind of jumbled, so I wasn’t sure if she meant to respond to me.
EEA71841-43C8-4EF1-9A54-86106A954BDC.png
BionicBunny wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:17 pm Look at the quotes. It shows that she quoted RR
WhoAreYou wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:34 am Are you sure? Look at the time stamp.

18D81248-67B5-4402-8B78-A1F7921AEC39.jpeg
29again wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:32 am No. I quoted the person I meant to quote, since my comment related to what she said.

[/quote]
WhoAreYou
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

And there’s Bunny, jumping in on a post that has nothing to do with her and hurling insults. Yet you don’t start shit.
BionicBunny wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:24 pm It is very weird but considering who it is it doesn’t surprise me much.
ReadingRainbow wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:46 pm I’m not speaking for her at all... she’s a strong woman who speaks for herself. As am I... and I am speaking on my own behalf in a conversation that involves me.

What’s weird is that you keep pushing this.
WhoAreYou wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:42 pm It’s not telling at all. I’ve already made my opinion about vaccines quite vocally.

You’re speaking for her. That’s weird but whatever floats your boat.

[/quote]
[/quote]
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The vaccine treats HPV Types 6, 11, 16 and 18. It treats types 16 and 18 — the 2 types that cause 70% of cervical cancer cases. It also treats types 6 and 11, which cause 90% of genital warts cases.

What is life changing about it?

29again wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:31 pm There are 100 identified strands of the virus. The vaccine treats 4 of them. That's all. Most people can usually fight off the virus with no problem, and the others can find out with a pap smear and then get treatment. Of the ones who can't fight off the virus and end up with cancer, which number about 12K people, about a third of them don't make it. The numbers we're talking about are rather on the small side, all things considered. The side effects of THIS virus can be life-changing and there is no going back to what it was before taking the vaccine. I did not know that when I had my girls get it, and I regret that decision every day of my life. The risks of getting this vaccine are greater than the risk of cancer. But hey, there are 4 out of 100 varieties of cervical cancer that I'm sure my dd won't get! I guess that has to be worth it, though, right?
Lemons wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:56 pm 11 years usually aren't sexually active that's why they get the vaccination then and that it when it's most effective. It is up to the parent and in puritanical America too many parents don't talk about S*x to their middle schoolers because they don't think they need to. If that's three less cancers they have to worry about that's a good thing.

There are so many people who are at risk because we no longer have herd immunity. People on chemotherapy, babies who aren't old enough for their immunization, people with HIV/AIDS or any other weak immune system.

If the government starts forcing everyone to get the vaccinations yes, that would be a concern. So far no one is forced to get any of the vaccinations if they don't want to. These parents should know, however, that more and more countries around the world will be asking for immunization records. Your kids worlds will grow very small.
ReadingRainbow wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:26 am Most 11 year olds are not sexually active, most 13 year olds are not sexually active either. It should be up to the parent and the child's doctor when is an appropriate time to get it and the way things are going, it's probably not too long until that is a mandated vaccine either.

I fully understand that most people don't care about retaining these rights, but the ones that do care are worried for good reason.

Bodily autonomy is not a throwaway cause when it comes to constitutional rights.

29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I will admit that the RA has damaged some of my knuckles, but my fingers are pretty slim! Thanks for noticing!
WhoAreYou wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:42 pm Or you fat-fingered it. 🤷🏻‍♀️
29again wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:15 pm Ya think?!? I've already said that I did not quote you.
WhoAreYou wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:44 pm Perhaps there’s a bug. 92AF179E-2620-4BDB-846E-6F23B8237778.jpeg

[/quote]
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pap smear starting at 21 years old? What about sexually active teens? College students? Shouldn't they be screened for STD's?

29again wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:38 pm Just gonna put this out there.............
The Billion Dollar Question – Does It Work?

In 2011, Dr. Diane Harper, lead developer of the Gardasil vaccine came out in a press release stating,

“The best way to prevent cervical cancer is with routine Pap screening starting at age 21 years. Vaccination cannot prevent as many cervical cancers as can Pap screening. Pap screening with vaccination does NOT lower your chances of cervical cancer – Pap screening and vaccination lowers your chances of an abnormal Pap test. Gardasil® is associated with GBS [Guillian-Barre Syndrome] that has resulted in deaths. Pap screening using a speculum and taking cells from the cervix is not a procedure that results in death. Gardasil® can be offered along with Cervarix® as an option to prevent abnormal Pap test results in those women who can make an informed decision about how much they value this benefit compared to the rare risk of GBS. If a woman has no access to Pap screening, receiving HPV vaccines may help reduce cervical cancer IF the vaccines last long enough. At this time, Gardasil® is proven to last for at least 5 years, and Cervarix® for at least 8.5 years. Health policy analyses show that there will be no reduction in cervical cancer unless the vaccine lasts at least 15 years.”

Not good press for either Merck or GlaxoKlineSmith, the maker of the HPV vaccine Cervarix. Currently, there are not booster shots of either vaccine, and the shot is highly recommended for children 9-12 because they are less likely to already have been exposed to the virus. Doing a little math, that means the vaccine will wear off around the ages of 14-20.5 (depending on which brand was administered) very likely prior to sexual activity! What’s worse is that prior to approval Merck informed the FDA that if a person has already been exposed to HPV 16 or 18 prior to injection, then Gardasil increases the risk of precancerous lesions, or worse, by 44.6 percent.
Doesn't sound so good to me.

http://www.hormonesmatter.com/gardasil- ... continues/
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh, Type 16 & 18...
if a person has already been exposed to HPV 16 or 18 prior to injection, then Gardasil increases the risk of precancerous lesions, or worse, by 44.6 percent.
Isn't that lovely?

Psychiatric side effects.

Lemons wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:54 pm The vaccine treats HPV Types 6, 11, 16 and 18. It treats types 16 and 18 — the 2 types that cause 70% of cervical cancer cases. It also treats types 6 and 11, which cause 90% of genital warts cases.

29again wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:31 pm There are 100 identified strands of the virus. The vaccine treats 4 of them. That's all. Most people can usually fight off the virus with no problem, and the others can find out with a pap smear and then get treatment. Of the ones who can't fight off the virus and end up with cancer, which number about 12K people, about a third of them don't make it. The numbers we're talking about are rather on the small side, all things considered. The side effects of THIS virus can be life-changing and there is no going back to what it was before taking the vaccine. I did not know that when I had my girls get it, and I regret that decision every day of my life. The risks of getting this vaccine are greater than the risk of cancer. But hey, there are 4 out of 100 varieties of cervical cancer that I'm sure my dd won't get! I guess that has to be worth it, though, right?
Lemons wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:56 pm 11 years usually aren't sexually active that's why they get the vaccination then and that it when it's most effective. It is up to the parent and in puritanical America too many parents don't talk about S*x to their middle schoolers because they don't think they need to. If that's three less cancers they have to worry about that's a good thing.

There are so many people who are at risk because we no longer have herd immunity. People on chemotherapy, babies who aren't old enough for their immunization, people with HIV/AIDS or any other weak immune system.

If the government starts forcing everyone to get the vaccinations yes, that would be a concern. So far no one is forced to get any of the vaccinations if they don't want to. These parents should know, however, that more and more countries around the world will be asking for immunization records. Your kids worlds will grow very small.

Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would imagine that their parents can make the appointments for them.... I took care of my girls, I trust that other parents will take care of their daughters. A college student should be able to make whatever appointments she needs, I mean, hello - COLLEGE students!!

Oh, and you are aware that I did not say all that, it was a quote, right?
Lemons wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:59 pm Pap smear starting at 21 years old? What about sexually active teens? College students? Shouldn't they be screened for STD's?

29again wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:38 pm Just gonna put this out there.............
The Billion Dollar Question – Does It Work?

In 2011, Dr. Diane Harper, lead developer of the Gardasil vaccine came out in a press release stating,

“The best way to prevent cervical cancer is with routine Pap screening starting at age 21 years. Vaccination cannot prevent as many cervical cancers as can Pap screening. Pap screening with vaccination does NOT lower your chances of cervical cancer – Pap screening and vaccination lowers your chances of an abnormal Pap test. Gardasil® is associated with GBS [Guillian-Barre Syndrome] that has resulted in deaths. Pap screening using a speculum and taking cells from the cervix is not a procedure that results in death. Gardasil® can be offered along with Cervarix® as an option to prevent abnormal Pap test results in those women who can make an informed decision about how much they value this benefit compared to the rare risk of GBS. If a woman has no access to Pap screening, receiving HPV vaccines may help reduce cervical cancer IF the vaccines last long enough. At this time, Gardasil® is proven to last for at least 5 years, and Cervarix® for at least 8.5 years. Health policy analyses show that there will be no reduction in cervical cancer unless the vaccine lasts at least 15 years.”

Not good press for either Merck or GlaxoKlineSmith, the maker of the HPV vaccine Cervarix. Currently, there are not booster shots of either vaccine, and the shot is highly recommended for children 9-12 because they are less likely to already have been exposed to the virus. Doing a little math, that means the vaccine will wear off around the ages of 14-20.5 (depending on which brand was administered) very likely prior to sexual activity! What’s worse is that prior to approval Merck informed the FDA that if a person has already been exposed to HPV 16 or 18 prior to injection, then Gardasil increases the risk of precancerous lesions, or worse, by 44.6 percent.
Doesn't sound so good to me.

http://www.hormonesmatter.com/gardasil- ... continues/
Expand your thinking

Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It seems like you are making this a big deal, though. Regardless, it should have been obvious to you that I was quoting RR. Everyone else knew.
WhoAreYou wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:49 pm This shows her quoting me, actually. And it’s the comment I got an alert for.
Regardless, it’s not a big deal. The comment was just kind of jumbled, so I wasn’t sure if she meant to respond to me.

EEA71841-43C8-4EF1-9A54-86106A954BDC.png
BionicBunny wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:17 pm Look at the quotes. It shows that she quoted RR
WhoAreYou wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:34 am Are you sure? Look at the time stamp.

18D81248-67B5-4402-8B78-A1F7921AEC39.jpeg

[/quote]
Expand your thinking

Try it.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Psychiatric side effects right after the vaccination?

You said you regret your daughters getting the vaccinations. Did they have side effects? I can't follow.

29again wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:03 pm Oh, Type 16 & 18...
if a person has already been exposed to HPV 16 or 18 prior to injection, then Gardasil increases the risk of precancerous lesions, or worse, by 44.6 percent.
Isn't that lovely?

Psychiatric side effects.

Lemons wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:54 pm The vaccine treats HPV Types 6, 11, 16 and 18. It treats types 16 and 18 — the 2 types that cause 70% of cervical cancer cases. It also treats types 6 and 11, which cause 90% of genital warts cases.

Locked Previous topicNext topic