Unvaccinated children not allowed by NY state to attend public schools starting today

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:38 pm
29again wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:31 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:47 pm

Unfortunately these children are being raised by undereducated, superstitious parents.
Don’t blame the schools.
Blame the parents.
If they care about their children’s future , maybe they should think twice about their “ exemption “.
And I also don’t think they’re smart enough to home school.
I feel sorry for these kids.🙁

WHY do you say that? I would bet that all of the members here who are wary of vaccinating are indeed very educated, and not at all superstitious.

If I had a child still in school and the school told me my child could not attend unless vaccinated, then my child would not go to school. I would then sue the school district for not allowing my child to attend. Homeschooling and online school should be the parents choice, NOT the schools.
I agree.

I have a Masters in Medical Anthropology, meaning that I have studied disease progression and treatments, along with the impact on specific cultural societies those treatments have had... my opinion is in no way coming from a “superstitious” point of view.
So I see you're one of those "low information" people we keep seeing referenced in the board :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you for you input on this discussion. It's nice to see some confirmation, from someone educated on the actual topic, that people aren't crazy who are wary of vaccinations.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

11 years usually aren't sexually active that's why they get the vaccination then and that it when it's most effective. It is up to the parent and in puritanical America too many parents don't talk about S*x to their middle schoolers because they don't think they need to. If that's three less cancers they have to worry about that's a good thing.

There are so many people who are at risk because we no longer have herd immunity. People on chemotherapy, babies who aren't old enough for their immunization, people with HIV/AIDS or any other weak immune system.

If the government starts forcing everyone to get the vaccinations yes, that would be a concern. So far no one is forced to get any of the vaccinations if they don't want to. These parents should know, however, that more and more countries around the world will be asking for immunization records. Your kids worlds will grow very small.
ReadingRainbow wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:26 am Most 11 year olds are not sexually active, most 13 year olds are not sexually active either. It should be up to the parent and the child's doctor when is an appropriate time to get it and the way things are going, it's probably not too long until that is a mandated vaccine either.

I fully understand that most people don't care about retaining these rights, but the ones that do care are worried for good reason.

Bodily autonomy is not a throwaway cause when it comes to constitutional rights.
Lemons wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:09 pm When they wait until a child is 13 years old it’s too late for many girls. They already have HPV.

HPV vaccinations aren’t required for school anyway. Hopefully enough girls and boys will get vaccinated so this can be eradicated.

ReadingRainbow wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:30 pm And when does it stop?
Do you inject your child with anything they tell you to as long as they say your kid needs it to stay healthy?

Knowing that they are often corrupt, that you are unable to hold them accountable if they mess up and make a dangerous batch and 300 kids die because of it... knowing that some of the diseases they vaccinate against are sexually transmitted yet they want 11 year olds to get it...

Or do you want to use your own judgment when it comes to what is injected into your child?

29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't live on here, I get on for a bit here and there.

I have to say that this is HANDS-DOWN, the weirdest thread I have EVER been involved in!! I've seen a lot over the years, but I have never seen anything like this.... I do wish I had an award to give you.
WhoAreYou wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:45 pm I meant in this specific post, not in general. I asked you a question and she answered it, twice. It’s not a huge deal, I was just looking for your response, not hers.
29again wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:02 pm Oh, come on. You know that RR and I really don't see eye-to-eye on much at all. We don't fight, but we don't agree on a lot. She is certainly not "my voice" on here. I am quite capable of speaking my own mind.
WhoAreYou wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:43 am I didn’t realize you were the voice for 29again.

And it doesn’t matter. I was simply confirming.

"...

[/quote]
[/quote]
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Me, too! This is the weirdest conversation I've been in!
morgan wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:12 pm I am laughing!
29again wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:02 pm Oh, come on. You know that RR and I really don't see eye-to-eye on much at all. We don't fight, but we don't agree on a lot. She is certainly not "my voice" on here. I am quite capable of speaking my own mind.
WhoAreYou wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:43 am I didn’t realize you were the voice for 29again.

And it doesn’t matter. I was simply confirming.

"...

[/quote]
[/quote]
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ya think?!? I've already said that I did not quote you.
WhoAreYou wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:44 pm Perhaps there’s a bug. 92AF179E-2620-4BDB-846E-6F23B8237778.jpeg
29again wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:57 pm Honestly, I can't read that, it's too small. But I can make out my screen name...... I don't know what to tell you, but I did not quote you. Didn't even do it accidentally.
WhoAreYou wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:34 am Are you sure? Look at the time stamp.

18D81248-67B5-4402-8B78-A1F7921AEC39.jpeg

[/quote]
Expand your thinking

Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

There are 100 identified strands of the virus. The vaccine treats 4 of them. That's all. Most people can usually fight off the virus with no problem, and the others can find out with a pap smear and then get treatment. Of the ones who can't fight off the virus and end up with cancer, which number about 12K people, about a third of them don't make it. The numbers we're talking about are rather on the small side, all things considered. The side effects of THIS virus can be life-changing and there is no going back to what it was before taking the vaccine. I did not know that when I had my girls get it, and I regret that decision every day of my life. The risks of getting this vaccine are greater than the risk of cancer. But hey, there are 4 out of 100 varieties of cervical cancer that I'm sure my dd won't get! I guess that has to be worth it, though, right?
Lemons wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:56 pm 11 years usually aren't sexually active that's why they get the vaccination then and that it when it's most effective. It is up to the parent and in puritanical America too many parents don't talk about S*x to their middle schoolers because they don't think they need to. If that's three less cancers they have to worry about that's a good thing.

There are so many people who are at risk because we no longer have herd immunity. People on chemotherapy, babies who aren't old enough for their immunization, people with HIV/AIDS or any other weak immune system.

If the government starts forcing everyone to get the vaccinations yes, that would be a concern. So far no one is forced to get any of the vaccinations if they don't want to. These parents should know, however, that more and more countries around the world will be asking for immunization records. Your kids worlds will grow very small.
ReadingRainbow wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:26 am Most 11 year olds are not sexually active, most 13 year olds are not sexually active either. It should be up to the parent and the child's doctor when is an appropriate time to get it and the way things are going, it's probably not too long until that is a mandated vaccine either.

I fully understand that most people don't care about retaining these rights, but the ones that do care are worried for good reason.

Bodily autonomy is not a throwaway cause when it comes to constitutional rights.
Lemons wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:09 pm When they wait until a child is 13 years old it’s too late for many girls. They already have HPV.

HPV vaccinations aren’t required for school anyway. Hopefully enough girls and boys will get vaccinated so this can be eradicated.

Expand your thinking

Try it.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I tend to agree with this yet I DO feel badly for those parent's who sincerely and legitimately have health concerns regarding vaccinations, particularly having experienced a child who had a bad reaction to a vaccine.

We know of two families personally...a family member and a former co-worker of my husband and son who have children who reacted badly to the MMR vaccine to the point with the latter family having to have their child go through physical therapy.

However, it is a public health-care crisis we're dealing with, particularly when there are so many children (adults, too) from here as well as other countries now living here in the U.S. who are not vaccinated.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Just gonna put this out there.............
The Billion Dollar Question – Does It Work?

In 2011, Dr. Diane Harper, lead developer of the Gardasil vaccine came out in a press release stating,

“The best way to prevent cervical cancer is with routine Pap screening starting at age 21 years. Vaccination cannot prevent as many cervical cancers as can Pap screening. Pap screening with vaccination does NOT lower your chances of cervical cancer – Pap screening and vaccination lowers your chances of an abnormal Pap test. Gardasil® is associated with GBS [Guillian-Barre Syndrome] that has resulted in deaths. Pap screening using a speculum and taking cells from the cervix is not a procedure that results in death. Gardasil® can be offered along with Cervarix® as an option to prevent abnormal Pap test results in those women who can make an informed decision about how much they value this benefit compared to the rare risk of GBS. If a woman has no access to Pap screening, receiving HPV vaccines may help reduce cervical cancer IF the vaccines last long enough. At this time, Gardasil® is proven to last for at least 5 years, and Cervarix® for at least 8.5 years. Health policy analyses show that there will be no reduction in cervical cancer unless the vaccine lasts at least 15 years.”

Not good press for either Merck or GlaxoKlineSmith, the maker of the HPV vaccine Cervarix. Currently, there are not booster shots of either vaccine, and the shot is highly recommended for children 9-12 because they are less likely to already have been exposed to the virus. Doing a little math, that means the vaccine will wear off around the ages of 14-20.5 (depending on which brand was administered) very likely prior to sexual activity! What’s worse is that prior to approval Merck informed the FDA that if a person has already been exposed to HPV 16 or 18 prior to injection, then Gardasil increases the risk of precancerous lesions, or worse, by 44.6 percent.
Doesn't sound so good to me.

http://www.hormonesmatter.com/gardasil- ... continues/
Expand your thinking

Try it.
WhoAreYou
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

They interpreted it as such. Again, I’m sure they understand the law in a way you never will, nor will I.
Valentina327 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:28 pm
WhoAreYou wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:48 am SCOTUS has ruled that public health issues overrule education rights.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:44 am Isn't this kinda at odds at the whole 'school-aged children shall attend school?' law that all states have? Is NY going to provide tutors and access to online K-12 program? And isn't this violating their constitutional rights? I can get onboard with non vaxed kids being sent home when there is an outbreak but not denying them an education or the right to go to school just because they're not vaxxed.
They INTERPRET the constitution, not change it. Allowing this to happen is changing it.
WhoAreYou
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Or you fat-fingered it. 🤷🏻‍♀️
29again wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:15 pm Ya think?!? I've already said that I did not quote you.
WhoAreYou wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:44 pm Perhaps there’s a bug. 92AF179E-2620-4BDB-846E-6F23B8237778.jpeg
29again wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:57 pm Honestly, I can't read that, it's too small. But I can make out my screen name...... I don't know what to tell you, but I did not quote you. Didn't even do it accidentally.

[/quote]
Locked Previous topicNext topic