#climatestrike

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:52 pm
EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:23 am No. The powers that be know full well what science is saying but refuse to do what needs to be done. For the Trump administration nothing matters but business profit so they claim there is no climate crisis.
You are so very wrong. I'ts sad really that so many of you blame President Trump for every thing. It's pathetic actually.
I don't see where this post is "blaming" the current administration. Merely stating that they claim there is no climate crisis. That position is well documented.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

How many of those school kids all over the country who got the day off can actually read or do math? There is a reason they are supposed to be in school.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

29again wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:57 pm How many of those school kids all over the country who got the day off can actually read or do math? There is a reason they are supposed to be in school.
People of all ages, all over the world attended the marches. Over 300,000 in NYC alone - were the school day was cancelled for the marches. I don't think 1 day out of the classroom will effect their reading ability, but the climate crisis is already effecting their health, and their future.
Deleted User 276

Unread post

29again wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:57 pm How many of those school kids all over the country who got the day off can actually read or do math? There is a reason they are supposed to be in school.
I'm a big advocate for kids being in school but also welcomed the opportunity for my son to participate in the climate strike. His interest in the science behind climate change and his passion to advocate for climate action is worth the one day he missed from school. He's taking ecology this year and his class missed school together with discussion prior and I'm sure discussion after.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:23 am No. The powers that be know full well what science is saying but refuse to do what needs to be done. For the Trump administration nothing matters but business profit so they claim there is no climate crisis.
You are so very wrong. I'ts sad really that so many of you blame President Trump for every thing. It's pathetic actually.
If Trump didn’t call climate change “a hoax” or Tweet tweets like this one: “The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make US manufacturing non-competitive.” If Trump hadn’t called global warming “nonexistent “. If he hadn’t destroyed regulations created to help save our environment, maybe people would stop naming him as a huge problem.

More sad that you are unaware of the damage he’s doing. Or is there something positive Trump has done to help that the rest of us are unaware of.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

There is a climate crisis, but the entire planet needs to get on board this. We have to be careful that we don't totally blame humanity for this. Ice ages, flooding and so on have been coming and going for eons, long before industrialization.

National Geographic wrote an article recently that polar ice and water desalinization cycles have been going on for more than a billion years.

But all that said, we certainly need to do our own part.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No, no one did this where I live. It was school and work as usual. I hadn't even heard of it before this post.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:25 am
If Trump didn’t call climate change “a hoax” or Tweet tweets like this one: “The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make US manufacturing non-competitive.” If Trump hadn’t called global warming “nonexistent “. If he hadn’t destroyed regulations created to help save our environment, maybe people would stop naming him as a huge problem.

More sad that you are unaware of the damage he’s doing. Or is there something positive Trump has done to help that the rest of us are unaware of.
th e climate has been changing since the beginning of time. its a natural consequence to life. people and animals live on this planet. i don't understand the uproar and outrage as usual directed at President Trump.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:51 am
Lemons wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:25 am

th e climate has been changing since the beginning of time. its a natural consequence to life. people and animals live on this planet. i don't understand the uproar and outrage as usual directed at President Trump.
Exactly my point too a few replies above (less the Trump comment). LOL
Locked Previous topicNext topic