#climatestrike

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:51 am
Lemons wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:25 am
iamanon wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:52 pm

You are so very wrong. I'ts sad really that so many of you blame President Trump for every thing. It's pathetic actually.
If Trump didn’t call climate change “a hoax” or Tweet tweets like this one: “The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make US manufacturing non-competitive.” If Trump hadn’t called global warming “nonexistent “. If he hadn’t destroyed regulations created to help save our environment, maybe people would stop naming him as a huge problem.

More sad that you are unaware of the damage he’s doing. Or is there something positive Trump has done to help that the rest of us are unaware of.
th e climate has been changing since the beginning of time. its a natural consequence to life. people and animals live on this planet. i don't understand the uproar and outrage as usual directed at President Trump.
Trump pulled this country out of the Paris accords. This was an agreement signed by over 180 countries and the EU to work on eliminating global warming.

It’s too early to know whether or not this plan will make a difference but for one of the biggest contributors of global emissions , the United States, for Trump to pull this country out, yes, he will bear some of the responsibility for negative climate change.

You didn’t answer what is this president doing to make a positive difference for future generations?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

From the above link:

"Trump's vow to rip up environmental rules has been overwhelmed by an even more powerful force: the free market. Coal just can't keep up with dirt-cheap natural gas and increasingly affordable renewables.

"It's hard to see any scenario where coal rebounds," said Joe Aldina, manager of coal research at S&P Global Platts Analytics.

Approximately 15% of America's coal fleet has been retired since 2017, the year Trump took office, according to Platts."

The market is speaking, but who is listening?

FPL has thousands of solar panels for power. JEA demolished the towers for the Northside generating station. (That was cool to watch, especially since my brother was involved in its construction eons ago. I was watching it rise from our property when I was a tiny girl). And even south Georgia pecan farmers and those who own chicken houses are jumping to solar panels and natural gas.

That's the real US CLIMATE STRIKE.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:40 am
From the above link:

"Trump's vow to rip up environmental rules has been overwhelmed by an even more powerful force: the free market. Coal just can't keep up with dirt-cheap natural gas and increasingly affordable renewables.

"It's hard to see any scenario where coal rebounds," said Joe Aldina, manager of coal research at S&P Global Platts Analytics.

Approximately 15% of America's coal fleet has been retired since 2017, the year Trump took office, according to Platts."

FPL has thousands of solar panels for power. JEA demolished the towers for the Northside generating station. (That was cool to watch, especially since my brother was involved in its construction eons ago. I was watching it rise from our property when I was a tiny girl). And even south Georgia pecan farmers and those who own chicken houses are jumping to solar panels and natural gas.

And how is most natural gas obtained?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:42 am
From the above link:

https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/natural-gas/
306/232

Deleted User 1344

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:51 am
Lemons wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:25 am
iamanon wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:52 pm

You are so very wrong. I'ts sad really that so many of you blame President Trump for every thing. It's pathetic actually.
If Trump didn’t call climate change “a hoax” or Tweet tweets like this one: “The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make US manufacturing non-competitive.” If Trump hadn’t called global warming “nonexistent “. If he hadn’t destroyed regulations created to help save our environment, maybe people would stop naming him as a huge problem.

More sad that you are unaware of the damage he’s doing. Or is there something positive Trump has done to help that the rest of us are unaware of.
th e climate has been changing since the beginning of time. its a natural consequence to life. people and animals live on this planet. i don't understand the uproar and outrage as usual directed at President Trump.
Trump has been gradually eliminating important EPA regs and guaranteeing that our air will be polluted, water poisoned . Measures that can protect the atmosphere and prevent climate change are being deleted.
You should read about how rapid climate change is caused by people and so called progress.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:24 am

From the above link:

Fracking. It's all around me. Michigan has the most natural gas in the nation.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:11 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:24 am

Not all natural gas is extracted by fracking. I had houses built in the late 1800s/early 1900s with natural gas lighting/heating/cooking in them. I don't think fracking was around back then. Besides that, it's a much better alternative to coal. And the rate of use of solar panels by utility companies and private individuals is almost astonishing. I'll take pics when we go see Papa for Thanksgiving.
306/232

Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:28 pm
Not all natural gas is extracted by fracking. I had houses built in the late 1800s/early 1900s with natural gas lighting/heating/cooking in them. I don't think fracking was around back then. Besides that, it's a much better alternative to coal. And the rate of use of solar panels by utility companies and private individuals is almost astonishing. I'll take pics when we go see Papa for Thanksgiving.
Not all but the majority.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:28 pm
Fracking began in the 1860's
Locked Previous topicNext topic