Women can now legally go topless in Utah, 5 other states, after federal ruling

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Crimson417 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:02 am
BionicBunny wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:22 pm
Francee89 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:45 pm

It’s a discussion board - typically, when people have differences of opinion, they’ll discuss and debate the nuances of them, including why they think or don’t think examples or instances support what one person is stating. I’m not sure why that bothers you.
I don’t mind discussions and questions if they were sincere and not for the purpose of arguing. I guess I just don’t see the point in asking someone to state why they believe something and give examples just to turn around and tell the person you don’t except the answer and to try again. Then when the person tries again you say the same. That’s not a discussion. It feels provoking. I wouldn’t mind but on many occasions your “ discussions” were more like interrogations like I have to prove something to you. I guess that might be why it annoys me. I never feel like I have anything to prove to anyone and a “ discussion “ with you is pretty much you trying to get me to prove myself. I’m accepting to different opinions. A discussion with you just feels like you can’t accept a different opinion. And the questions aren’t mutual. It’s definitely arguing to argue because if it wasn’t you would answer to the kind of questions when I direct them to you.
I actually would like to have a good discussion with you some time. I think you are smart but our personalities clash. If you approached things differently with me I think one day we may successfully have a good discussion. Just don’t attempt to debate with me. I don’t like debating. I enjoy educational and informing conversations. I think you would have a lot to offer if we ever could get there one day.
Since you don't like the way she discusses and debates wouldn't it be easier and more mature of you to ignore her replies instead of coming into all the posts she is in to complain? There's nothing wrong with her wanting to debate points of view. Simply move on if you aren't comfortable.
Show me where I go in all the posts she is in and complain? This is ONE post and I didn’t come here to complain. I made a comment to someone about my experience with her. You are stretching the truth. That doesn’t seem much more mature than what you are claiming I did. I in fact avoid the woman. She usually quotes me and challenges me in most posts I comment in. So your question would apply more to her than me. She quotes me way more than I do her. Wouldn’t it be easier and more mature of her to not do that after I tell her I feel she is arguing and I don’t want to continue and to please stop quoting me and leave me alone? In which I got the response of no! This is a “ discussion board? And then she continues till I have to ignore here. Which is what I mentioned in my reply to someone I like on here and was just giving my experience with. And when Francee quotes me I talked nicely to her. Here, I even compliment her. So what is the problem?
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:10 am
BionicBunny wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:22 pm
Francee89 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:45 pm

It’s a discussion board - typically, when people have differences of opinion, they’ll discuss and debate the nuances of them, including why they think or don’t think examples or instances support what one person is stating. I’m not sure why that bothers you.
I don’t mind discussions and questions if they were sincere and not for the purpose of arguing. I guess I just don’t see the point in asking someone to state why they believe something and give examples just to turn around and tell the person you don’t except the answer and to try again. Then when the person tries again you say the same. That’s not a discussion. It feels provoking. I wouldn’t mind but on many occasions your “ discussions” were more like interrogations like I have to prove something to you. I guess that might be why it annoys me. I never feel like I have anything to prove to anyone and a “ discussion “ with you is pretty much you trying to get me to prove myself. I’m accepting to different opinions. A discussion with you just feels like you can’t accept a different opinion. And the questions aren’t mutual. It’s definitely arguing to argue because if it wasn’t you would answer to the kind of questions when I direct them to you.
I actually would like to have a good discussion with you some time. I think you are smart but our personalities clash. If you approached things differently with me I think one day we may successfully have a good discussion. Just don’t attempt to debate with me. I don’t like debating. I enjoy educational and informing conversations. I think you would have a lot to offer if we ever could get there one day.
Perhaps we just see the point of a discussion board differently then. I think debate is implicitly part of current event discussions.
Perhaps you are right. I wasn’t part of the groups in cafemom, but wasn’t there an actual debated group? A group for the purpose of debating politics in? I feel like I came across one before. I didn’t think of it till now when you mention debating in groups. Now I’m curious. Maybe an actual debate group would be a good addition to skips site.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I just don't get the point but...whatever, I guess.

I often realize just how old I am becoming by finding my "What the ever loving F is going on in this world?" moments.

This would be one of them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic