Women can now legally go topless in Utah, 5 other states, after federal ruling

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:21 pm
jas wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:23 pm
Francee89 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:02 pm

What about women having the option to go topless (one that very few are likely to exercise) makes society go down the drain? Women have had the option for years in Europe - are they further down the drain?
Modesty for one. And yes, they are.
How so? And how did women being able to go topless make them go further down the drain?

Men are allowed to be topless - are they being immodest when they show their nipples? Are societies where women cover up from head to toe, and are therefore more modest, better than ones where women can wear or not wear whatever they want? I don’t think most women will even do this (I wouldn’t), I just don’t see the correlation between women being legally forced to be modest and a better society.
It's an opinion. My opinion. You don't have to agree with me. Most of those states are land locked - where the hell are they going to go topless? It's not like they can jog over to the nearest beach and get a tan. It's not appropriate for children to see. Modesty and morals go hand in hand. You lose one, you're going to give up another. Again, my opinion.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jas wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:24 pm

How so? And how did women being able to go topless make them go further down the drain?

Men are allowed to be topless - are they being immodest when they show their nipples? Are societies where women cover up from head to toe, and are therefore more modest, better than ones where women can wear or not wear whatever they want? I don’t think most women will even do this (I wouldn’t), I just don’t see the correlation between women being legally forced to be modest and a better society.
It's an opinion. My opinion. You don't have to agree with me. Most of those states are land locked - where the hell are they going to go topless? It's not like they can jog over to the nearest beach and get a tan. It's not appropriate for children to see. Modesty and morals go hand in hand. You lose one, you're going to give up another. Again, my opinion.
I’m aware it’s your opinion. I’m curious about the logic behind it.

I’m sure they could jog over to a lake, or to their own backyard. We don’t agree on a breast, in a non-sexual context, being inappropriate for a child to see.

Is someone in a burka more moral than someone in a one piece swimsuit? Are men immodest, and therefore immoral, when they have their shirts off? Did society decline when women stopped wearing full swim dresses?
Deleted User 276

Unread post

In many states it's legal now for women to go topless, however there are some cities within these states that it's still illegal. In none of these states are women suddenly walking into Kroger without shirts! To criminalize women being topless while men can go topless without fault is discrimination. Working towards the decriminalization of women being topless is not an affront to modesty and morals but rather, working towards equality.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:23 pm

In many states it's legal now for women to go topless, however there are some cities within these states that it's still illegal. In none of these states are women suddenly walking into Kroger without shirts! To criminalize women being topless while men can go topless without fault is discrimination. Working towards the decriminalization of women being topless is not an affront to modesty and morals but rather, working towards equality.
That is ridiculous. There is equality to a point. We are different and will never be equal.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:08 pm

I’m aware it’s your opinion. I’m curious about the logic behind it.

I’m sure they could jog over to a lake, or to their own backyard. We don’t agree on a breast, in a non-sexual context, being inappropriate for a child to see.

Is someone in a burka more moral than someone in a one piece swimsuit? Are men immodest, and therefore immoral, when they have their shirts off? Did society decline when women stopped wearing full swim dresses?
It's not inappropriate when a mother is feeding her child. It is if it's hanging out for no reason other than to say I can.
To answer your list - no, no, yes. Again - my opinion.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jas wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:40 pm

That is ridiculous. There is equality to a point. We are different and will never be equal.
That’s ridiculous.

We can absolutely be legally equal.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:49 pm

That’s ridiculous.

I will set feminism back 100 years and say I disagree. What's good for the goose is not good for the gander. There's a reason for that.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jas wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:50 pm

That’s ridiculous.

I will set feminism back 100 years and say I disagree. What's good for the goose is not good for the gander. There's a reason for that.
At least you’re acknowledging it...

We might not ever be able to lift the same amount of weight on average as men, but we can surely be legally equal when it comes to what we are all allowed to do.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:52 pm
That’s ridiculous.

We might not ever be able to lift the same amount of weight on average as men, but we can surely be legally equal when it comes to what we are all allowed to do.
Depends.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jas wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:08 pm
ReadingRainbow wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:52 pm

Depends.
On?
Locked Previous topicNext topic