*LOCKED TOPIC* Gun shock: Majority support ‘mandatory buybacks’ of AR-15s

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:08 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:54 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:41 pm

Anyone can look this information up online if they wanted to research it. I don’t see your point in going in every damn post and trying to quiz everyone.
According to a quick search the AR15 is the civilian counterpart of the M16 and the AR15 came first. Both have the same magazine capacity of 30 rounds. The AR15 is heavier with shorter range and slower rate of fire.
Since the M16 came after the AR15 I would say the AR15 obviously wasn’t modeled after the M16. I don’t know why this question pertains to anything I said.
As for firing one, my husband was in the military and law enforcement. He had many guns, including an AR15. I didn’t shoot them often but I shot it once. I’m not a big gun enthusiast. It has never been my thing but if I have questions I’m sure I can go to my husband or search it on the internet.
No one is this ignorant except for "libbys". Get back to googling.
I see you didn’t like the answer. You think you are superior when in reality you have little more knowledge to offer than what any of us can find on the internet. If you don’t like the answers maybe you shouldn’t go around quizzing everyone 😂 F***ing ridiculous.
As for bringing Libby into this, maybe you should stick to insulting her since she doesn’t even seem to know how to use google properly. You might feel your huge need of being superior to other people. I do have to wonder what happened in your life to make you have such a need. It must be a lonely life with other people bigger and better than you and you feeling like you have to scratch to the surface to be seen and heard. Even worse you come to a social media site to fulfill that need. To prove yourself to total strangers who couldn’t give two shits about you or your knowledge on guns. That is unless you were to snap some day and shoot up a place. Which I wouldn’t be all too surprised considering the way you treat people.
Alrighty then, Cyborg Hare.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:12 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:08 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:54 pm

No one is this ignorant except for "libbys". Get back to googling.
I see you didn’t like the answer. You think you are superior when in reality you have little more knowledge to offer than what any of us can find on the internet. If you don’t like the answers maybe you shouldn’t go around quizzing everyone 😂 F***ing ridiculous.
As for bringing Libby into this, maybe you should stick to insulting her since she doesn’t even seem to know how to use google properly. You might feel your huge need of being superior to other people. I do have to wonder what happened in your life to make you have such a need. It must be a lonely life with other people bigger and better than you and you feeling like you have to scratch to the surface to be seen and heard. Even worse you come to a social media site to fulfill that need. To prove yourself to total strangers who couldn’t give two shits about you or your knowledge on guns. That is unless you were to snap some day and shoot up a place. Which I wouldn’t be all too surprised considering the way you treat people.
Alrighty then, Cyborg Hare.
Anytime cock!
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:04 pm
KnotaDinghy wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:23 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:04 pm I’m with the majority here. There’s absolutely no need for any private citizen to own that kind of firearm. That’s not for protection, the name says it all: it’s an assault weapon.
If anyone says those are for protection, they are not. And assault weapons are already highly restricted from civilians.
Will you clarify your first sentence? If they aren't for protection, are you saying they for hunting?
Hobbyists.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:46 pm
KnotaDinghy wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:31 pm Not shockingly, there were only 1,000 people surveyed and there is a 3.1% margin of error.

It’s interesting how this OP opinion piece flipped the survey results around and focused on this 51% number when Rasmussen didn’t, rather listing it as a secondary data finding.

This is why I hate polls and don’t believe them. 1,000 people cannot speak for 350 million.

And it’s also interesting how the OP talks about AR-15s and AKs but posters immediately flip the conversation to Assault Weapons.
They are modeled after true assault weapons, are they not?
I’m not a gun enthusiast or hobbyists or historian. I know it was an original Colt pattern. I’d think all guns were modeled after the first ones then each subsequent design made to shoot quicker, straighter, farther, more accurate, create more destruction.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:22 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:56 pm

Why are you quoting me and asking me a question I didn’t even comment on. We get it! You have knowledge on guns and have fired them. My comment had nothing to do with that.
So you don't have an answer?
Anyone can look this information up online if they wanted to research it. I don’t see your point in going in every damn post and trying to quiz everyone.
According to a quick search the AR15 is the civilian counterpart of the M16 and the AR15 came first. Both have the same magazine capacity of 30 rounds. The AR15 is heavier with shorter range and slower rate of fire.
Since the M16 came after the AR15 I would say the AR15 obviously wasn’t modeled after the M16. I don’t know why this question pertains to anything I said.
As for firing one, my husband was in the military and law enforcement. He had many guns, including an AR15. I didn’t shoot them often but I shot it once. I’m not a big gun enthusiast. It has never been my thing but if I have questions I’m sure I can go to my husband or search it on the internet.
The AR10 actually came first.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:54 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:46 pm
KnotaDinghy wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:31 pm Not shockingly, there were only 1,000 people surveyed and there is a 3.1% margin of error.

It’s interesting how this OP opinion piece flipped the survey results around and focused on this 51% number when Rasmussen didn’t, rather listing it as a secondary data finding.

This is why I hate polls and don’t believe them. 1,000 people cannot speak for 350 million.

And it’s also interesting how the OP talks about AR-15s and AKs but posters immediately flip the conversation to Assault Weapons.
They are modeled after true assault weapons, are they not?
I’m not a gun enthusiast or hobbyists or historian. I know it was an original Colt pattern. I’d think all guns were modeled after the first ones then each subsequent design made to shoot quicker, straighter, farther, more accurate, create more destruction.
Well that's tricky, but yeah, basically, these are patterned after a military weapon to create more destruction. But honestly, they can only do that because of the magazine capacity.
306/232

BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:01 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:22 pm

So you don't have an answer?
I meant the AR15 came first before the M16, between the two guns. I didn’t read on any other guns.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:22 pm

I meant the AR15 came first before the M16, between the two guns. I didn’t read on any other guns.
Of course you didn't.
306/232

BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:26 pm

Of course you didn't.
Why would I? Like I said I did a quick search and your question was on the AR15 and the M16.
If I have any questions about guns I’ll ask Carpy. She seems to be very knowledgeable and without a need to prove herself to others and she doesn’t have a hard on for me like you do.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:28 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:26 pm

Of course you didn't.
Why would I? Like I said I did a quick search and your question was on the AR15 and the M16.
If I have any questions about guns I’ll ask Carpy. She seems to be very knowledgeable and without a need to prove herself to others and she doesn’t have a hard on for me like you do.
Because I didn't explain myself correctly, I apologize.

Yes, please allow Carpy to teach you.
306/232

Locked Previous topicNext topic