Poll: Should Memes Be Allowed in N&P?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.

Should memes & gifs be allowed in n&p?

Allowed in n&p
33%
Not allowed in n&p
67%

Total votes: 24
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Should memes and gifs be allowed in n&p or should we continue to restrict them to the political memes group?
🤓The Admin 🤓
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No. Please continue to restrict them. They clog up the posts.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No, then it's no longer a debate group, it's just people posting memes that are usually pretty stupid. Trying to scroll past 15 of those to try finding something to debate is not worth it...
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t see it as a necessity. Its not that hard to use one’s own words to discuss and debate a given topic. Memes do not lend to intelligent discussion or debate. I definitely can’t take someone seriously if they feel the need to use a meme in a discussion.

I think the political meme group is a good alternative for those who want to post memes. It’s not that complicated. Granted there’s been a few times I wouldn't mind a head banging on wall gif to express frustration at some of the pettiness I’ve read in that group, I don’t need to post a gif to convey this.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I do not see a reason for them. Usually they are used just to insult someone for the most part.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No. Let them stay in the separate group.

People should also be restricted to 2 posts in N&P per day - otherwise all we have is one type of posts spammed by one person.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lord no.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:57 am No. Let them stay in the separate group.

People should also be restricted to 2 posts in N&P per day - otherwise all we have is one type of posts spammed by one person.
I don't see the point in restricting the number of posts. I'm quite capable of scrolling by. Would you say the same about a former member and her "Patriot Post" posts?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
AnonXxdarkfoxx1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

No point in having rules if you do not enforce them. Seems people don't know what is allowed and what is not. The constant hounding of certain members needs to stop. This always starts with off topic comments about a person rather than the article. Either off topic attacks are allowed or they are not. As it seems currently anything goes.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:49 pm
KnotaDinghy wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:57 am No. Let them stay in the separate group.

I don't see the point in restricting the number of posts. I'm quite capable of scrolling by. Would you say the same about a former member and her "Patriot Post" posts?
Yes I would tell Billie the same thing.
Do you tell Pema to knock it off though?

How does one type of posts 15 times foster conversation?

From my phone I cannot see who posts and the FOE option does not hide posts made by Pema or any of her alts. So I’d be fine with limitations on the number of posts. We already have hundreds of pages with 1-2 replies.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Locked Previous topicNext topic