President Trump donates $100,000 of his salary to Surgeon General's office

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

President Donald Trump wrote a check to donate his second quarter 2019 salary to the office of the Surgeon General to fund an upcoming public health advisory, the White House told USA TODAY.

It's his third salary donation to the Department of Health and Human Services.

"The President recognizes the important mission of the Surgeon General to protect and improve the health of all Americans, including helping to tackle the opioid epidemic and raise awareness of the dangers of e-cigarette usage among teenagers and children," the White House said in a statement.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/hea ... 030174001/
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Yeah?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

After taxes?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Hmmmm
HanSolo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

When he was running for office, Trump pledged that he wouldn't accept his $400,000 annual presidential salary if elected. But because he has to be paid under law, he has been donating the payment to different ares of the federal government.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/hea ... 030174001/
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

To fund a health advisory ? Ok. Thanks.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The Government Accountability Office (GAO) issued a report early this year on the costs of Trump's travels just to his Mar-a-Lago golf resort. The four trips to South Florida in the initial months of Trump's presidency cost taxpayers $13.6 million, or some $3.4 million each, according to the GAO.

The most recent analysis comes from The Huffington Post, which reports that tab being paid by taxpayers to feed Trump's golf habit is $102 million and counting.
https://www.dontmesswithtaxes.com/2019/ ... nting.html
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:25 pm
The Government Accountability Office (GAO) issued a report early this year on the costs of Trump's travels just to his Mar-a-Lago golf resort. The four trips to South Florida in the initial months of Trump's presidency cost taxpayers $13.6 million, or some $3.4 million each, according to the GAO.

The most recent analysis comes from The Huffington Post, which reports that tab being paid by taxpayers to feed Trump's golf habit is $102 million and counting.
https://www.dontmesswithtaxes.com/2019/ ... nting.html
I’ve always said that I don’t mind paying taxes... until now.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Good for him. He’s proving her doesn’t care about the salary. I wonder if he’ll donate his salary that he’ll get for life. Politicians always say that they donate money.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I think it's cool he's doing this, honestly. I see nothing wrong with it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic