Call on Walmart to end gun sales

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:35 am
Ledina60 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:23 am
hockeymom87 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:58 pm

My handgun is in a fingerprint safe with the clip out and next to it. The clip is loaded. It would take me about 30-45 seconds to get from the door to the bedroom. The kids would get in the closet while I get the gun. We’ve practice before.
Practice? That’s a siege mentality , unhealthy , negative . Overreacting.
I doubt you’d really be able to be that cool and that fast and efficient if an intruder entered your home. It sounds good here but in reality , you wouldn’t be that cool. You’d be scared . Scared of the bad guys...It’s obvious you’re easily scared just by the fact that you’ve got guns and practice for a shoot-out with an intruder.
So, you do not approve of fire drills or earthquake drills in school, then, right?
It's the same thing. Practice. Whether it is to save your life, or the piano, practice helps.
It's obvious that you are easily scared by weapons just by the fact that you have to personally insult those who state they own weapons.
That's a smart idea, to have a plan. There are people that practice getting out of their house in a fire, and preparing for this possibility is no different.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:16 am
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:36 am
Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:59 pm Here’s a big guy with a gun - the kind I don’t want to shop with at Walmart or anywhere else.
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/page/27/ ... %29endif-A

He looks ridiculous. Carrying like that could get him killed. All it takes is a guy, regardless of size, who's quicker to take one of those guns and pop him dead. Open carry is just dumb to me.

I get the feeling some people I know would terrify you, even though they are some of the most generous people with big hearts.
“ terrify”? No. After my long life , nothing much terrifies me any more.
But men ( or women) walking through stores with guns stuffed in their waistbands of their jeans will not earn my respect. They would make me SMH . I doubt that they’d have a big heart. Not with guns stuffed in their pants. Your world is based on wishful thinking.
I'm sure they're broken hearted
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:16 am
hockeymom87 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:05 am
EarlGrayHot wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:42 am Well, three days is hardly enough time to do a thorough background check. That is ridiculous.
How long do you think it should take? If your record is clean it doesn’t take long. My husband gets a security background check and it’s pretty quickly done. And they look for everything. You give your SSN and it looks for arrests or other crime that could make you ineligible.
My husband has a concealed carry permit. In our state they perform a background check every 28 days on all permit holders. If anything comes up they would contact the local sheriff and/or police.
Wow! They are on top of it!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:59 am
29again wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:35 am
Ledina60 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:23 am

Practice? That’s a siege mentality , unhealthy , negative . Overreacting.
I doubt you’d really be able to be that cool and that fast and efficient if an intruder entered your home. It sounds good here but in reality , you wouldn’t be that cool. You’d be scared . Scared of the bad guys...It’s obvious you’re easily scared just by the fact that you’ve got guns and practice for a shoot-out with an intruder.
So, you do not approve of fire drills or earthquake drills in school, then, right?
It's the same thing. Practice. Whether it is to save your life, or the piano, practice helps.
It's obvious that you are easily scared by weapons just by the fact that you have to personally insult those who state they own weapons.
That's a smart idea, to have a plan. There are people that practice getting out of their house in a fire, and preparing for this possibility is no different.
Well, I've been through the house on fire thing, so yeah, it really is no different.

September is National Preparedness Month. We prepare for winter, and what can come with that. Batteries, propane, blankets, canned foods. The Blizzard made a lasting impression on both my husband and myself. We prepare for winter because we know what CAN happen, and we both refuse to be caught off-guard like our parents were. We prepare.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:23 pm But do you think that background check is enough for a private person to own a gun? As I said before, the Sandy Hooks shooter didn’t have a record, or even owned a gun. He actually couldn’t legally own a gun at his age, but he could legally use one (🙄). He used his mother’s guns, legally bought. The Las Vegas shooter didn’t have a record, either. Neither did the Columbine kids. So how is a simple background that could take an hour prevent these incidents?
In fact, it’s well known that most mass shooters experience a sort of “crisis point” days, weeks or months before the incident. So a “background check” would do little to help there. Also, mass shootings are crimes of opportunity. If the person finds the opportunity and has the means (access to a gun), then he goes ahead with committing the crime. So it’s just common sense that not making access to those guns an easy thing will help.

Here’s a very interesting article on commonalities in mass shooters, tell me which one will be affected by a quick background check:

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2 ... oters-data

“First, the vast majority of mass shooters in our study experienced early childhood trauma and exposure to violence at a young age”
“Second, practically every mass shooter we studied had reached an identifiable crisis point in the weeks or months leading up to the shooting”
“Third, most of the shooters had studied the actions of other shooters and sought validation for their motives.”
“Fourth, the shooters all had the means to carry out their plans. ”

Rebeccaraev2 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:10 pm
EarlGrayHot wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:42 am Well, three days is hardly enough time to do a thorough background check. That is ridiculous.
I got my job in a prison, federal background checks, and it only took 2 days.
Ok, so what you're advocating appears to be to require a third party to review the persons entire life history and that third party to then make a determination on whether that person's background is such that the reviewer arbitrarily thinks they may commit a crime one day. That's the movie Minority Report, and that's a frightening road to go down.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:19 pm
iamanon wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:10 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:12 pm
No!
I wouldn’t want to know any guy who shops with guns in his belt !
Hunting once a year is fine.
Otherwise, people who carry guns or keep them in their cars or nightstands are losers. I
Ugh.
How do you protect yourself and your family if an armed intruder broke into your house in the middle of the day? Asking for a friend.
Lol
Yah , of course- because I live in a Ghetto where people forget to lock their doors and drugs and guns are being sold and stolen .... gosh if better be careful .

Nope.

I live in a peaceful, protected townhome complex where we haven’t ever been broken into.
I’d have a greater chance of being hit by a bus if I’m not looking.
Ummmm
Are you really that scared? Asking for a friend,
You do realize that the criminals aren't breaking into other houses in the ghetto? They're going to go to the better neighborhoods, where people have expendable income and have nice things to take.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:26 am
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:45 am
iamanon wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:08 pm

Three business days would seem like an eternity if an abused woman felt the need for a gun to protect herself and her family.
Doesn't really matter the length of time for criminals because they don't get their guns legally.
With a concealed carry permit, one doesn't need to wait. But at the same time, a woman who's in that position has options if she'd just choose to take them. And what woman doesn't have access to kitchen knives or anti-freeze? Hurt me and vengeance is mine, sadly. I don't back down.
I was thinking hair spray (or any aerosol) and a lighter makes a great flame-thrower!
I gotta ask............. what do you do with anti-freeze?
That's a good one.

Antifreeze in green Gatorade is toxic and sweet. I watch too much tv, lol.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:01 am
29again wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:26 am
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:45 am

With a concealed carry permit, one doesn't need to wait. But at the same time, a woman who's in that position has options if she'd just choose to take them. And what woman doesn't have access to kitchen knives or anti-freeze? Hurt me and vengeance is mine, sadly. I don't back down.
I was thinking hair spray (or any aerosol) and a lighter makes a great flame-thrower!
I gotta ask............. what do you do with anti-freeze?
That's a good one.

Antifreeze in green Gatorade is toxic and sweet. I watch too much tv, lol.
I knew it was toxic, but I didn't know it mixed well with gatorade! Thanks for the tip, lol.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:24 am
Ledina60 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:19 pm
iamanon wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:10 pm

How do you protect yourself and your family if an armed intruder broke into your house in the middle of the day? Asking for a friend.
Lol
Yah , of course- because I live in a Ghetto where people forget to lock their doors and drugs and guns are being sold and stolen .... gosh if better be careful .

Nope.

I live in a peaceful, protected townhome complex where we haven’t ever been broken into.
I’d have a greater chance of being hit by a bus if I’m not looking.
Ummmm
Are you really that scared? Asking for a friend,
You do realize that the criminals aren't breaking into other houses in the ghetto? They're going to go to the better neighborhoods, where people have expendable income and have nice things to take.
It’s called sarcasm.
Think!
If they come to my townhouse they’ll be very disappointed.
It’s a very nice townhome and yet not that much wealthier . “ expandable income”?
LOL
Anyway I’m not going to buy a gun and get ready to shoot someone.
Thou shall not kill.
As I said , there’s a better chance that I would be hit by a bus or fall in the shower and die from a brain bleed.
Have fun with your comfort guns ladies
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:45 am I don’t know if this is because I’m not in the U.S, but the thought that Walmart sells guns it’s just so ridiculous to me. I’m actually just heading out to Walmart myself, I was making my list and just the idea of going “milk, bread, ice cream, potatoes, pineapple, a gun and ammo, fabric softener, face cream, oh, and this month’s Better Homes and Gardens must be out!” is comical to say the least 😁
Hunting and fishing is a sport - they sell bicycles and other sporting equipment and they didn't always have groceries.
Locked Previous topicNext topic